Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    I had the pleasure of meeting and working with Lupe on the set of Selena in 1996. She was a wonderful nice lady.

Loved her in The Goonies and Mi Familia as well. She also had small roles in Universal Soldier, As Good as It Gets and more.

http://redalertlive.com/2012/07/27/a...e-cancer-dead/

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UCLA Bruins
    RIP... too bad it wasn't the person she played in Selena instead.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Rip

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Cancer sucks btw...

Orange Whip? Orange Whip? Viva Las Espuelas's Avatar
    Name
    5 letters long
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    rip

I don't remember her in goonies though

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    rip

I don't remember her in goonies though
    She was the maid. Remember the whole speech Corey Feldman gave to her about where to pack the drugs and sex toys?

Name
    5 letters long
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Oh damn. That's right. Forgot about her. Wow.

Also, wasn't she the one that Chong calls a pendeco in Next Movie?

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    She did a damn good job in Selena. I hated her so much after that movie. RIP

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    She was the maid. Remember the whole speech Corey Feldman gave to her about where to pack the drugs and sex toys?
    That was a classic scene, man I can't find it on youtube.

The Big Three Southwest Texas Fan's Avatar
    Name
    Robert
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    RIP Lupe.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    How crazy
    I was just watching Selena on TV yesterday

Believe.
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    She did an excellent job in "Selena". RIP

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    BUMP

Too little, too late. Bad enough Hollywood couldn't cast a Latino for the lead role in Best Picture winner Argo, Antonio Mendez.

Academy Backtracks After Uproar, Adds Lupe Ontiveros to ‘In Memoriam’ Gallery

Lupe Ontiveros legacy will now have a place in Oscar history after a backlash from Latino community leaders who felt the “Selena” actress was snubbed from the Academy Awards.

The Academy of Motion Picture Arts & Sciences apparently backtracked from its decision not to include the actress in its “In Memoriam” gallery of notable artists who passed away last year.

Ontiveros, who died last July, was not part of the tribute during the awards show, but she will now be among 117 people included in the Academy’s online gallery.

“Lupe Ontiveros is among the many worthy artists we were unfortunately not able to feature in the In Memoriam segment of this year’s Oscar show. She is, however, included in our In Memoriam gallery on Oscar.com,” a rep for the Academy of Motion Picture Arts & Sciences told Fox News Latino.

The news was hailed by Latino leaders who had been demanding that she be included in the gallery.

"Ontiveros will rest there surrounded and acknowledged by her peers," said Felix Sanchez, chairman and co-founder, National Hispanic Foundation for the Arts.

The change comes after the foundation had sent a letter to the Academy requesting that Oliveros be included in the online gallery.

Ontiveros had a 35-year career in Hollywood, including roles in such movies as "As Good As It Gets," "Real Women Have Curves" and "The Goonies.”

Ontiveros was not the only prominent name left out of the Academy’s tribute – Andy Griffith nor Phyllis Diller were not mentioned either. Griffith and Diller were also added to the online gallery.

Though the controversy finally led to Ontiveros being added to the In Memoriam gallery, her family members said it’s too little, too late.

“We believe the Academy's glaring omission displayed an indifference to the Latino community and made a statement about the lack of regard for Latino talent in film,” read the statement on Tuesday from her son, Elias P. Ontiveros, on behalf of the Ontiveros family.

“It was also a missed opportunity by the Academy to reach out to the millions of Latinos movie fans, who go to the movies at a higher rate than any other group in the U.S.”

Throughout her career, Ontiveros had been an advocate for breaking Latino stereotypes in Hollywood.

In 2009, Ontiveros told CNN she was upset that she was continually being cast as a housekeeper.

"It's upsetting to any culture when that is the only projection you have of that culture," Ontiveros said. "You're pigeonholed, stereotyped. That means we don't like you. We forget that this country was founded by immigrants."

The actress, born Guadalupe Moreno in Texas, once estimated she had played a maid more than 300 times.

silverblk mystix
    No room for latinos at the Jewish awards - unless it was for a maid or a convict role.

Loony.

00 06 12 13 20 21 32 44 5 bus driver's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Notre Dame Fighting Irish
    if they left out andy griffith, i am sure the latino community can let this slide

Name
    5 letters long
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    WAR ON WOMEN!!!!

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    if they left out andy griffith, i am sure the latino community can let this slide
    This...also the Academy left out Farah Faucet or however you spell her name the year she died. The academy aint about dat life

Ain't over 'till its over MaNuMaNiAc's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    oh give me a ing break! since when was this woman prominent?? She's only prominent to latinos who don't seem to care one way or the other just as long as a latino is mentioned at all costs. So they didn't put her on the list. Stop trying to act like this is some sort of war on latinos you overly sensitive bunch of pussies.

P.S. This is a latino talking by the way.

Ain't over 'till its over MaNuMaNiAc's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    I swear to god this whole PC gone ing mad is getting on my nerves. That couldn't act if it wasn't to portray a stereotype... and you people are all up in arms about her omission.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Houston Rockets
    Oh no! Who will play the stereotypical maid now that Lupe Chrunchwrap Supreme is gone?!

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    oh give me a ing break! since when was this woman prominent?? She's only prominent to latinos who don't seem to care one way or the other just as long as a latino is mentioned at all costs. So they didn't put her on the list. Stop trying to act like this is some sort of war on latinos you overly sensitive bunch of pussies.

P.S. This is a latino talking by the way.
    She was a personal friend of mine you stupid sellout . Stop trying to act like you understand the situation. I like how you ignored the fact that I also mentioned Argo's lead was supposed to be Latino, Antonio Mendez, but yet played by Ben Affleck. You talk like a pussy and you are an ignorant moron to try and act like Latinos aren't ignored by Hollywood. Lupe gave 35 years of her life acting in film, you little . Showing her pic for 2 seconds wouldn't have hurt .

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Why do mexicans give a if other mexicans are cast in movies or recognized by Hollywood? they are in the midst of a mass exodus from their own people. them.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    She was a personal friend of mine you stupid sellout . Stop trying to act like you understand the situation. I like how you ignored the fact that I also mentioned Argo's lead was supposed to be Latino, Antonio Mendez, but yet played by Ben Affleck. You talk like a pussy and you are an ignorant moron to try and act like Latinos aren't ignored by Hollywood. Lupe gave 35 years of her life acting in film, you little . Showing her pic for 2 seconds wouldn't have hurt .
    Let some mexican make a movie and cast who they want. Talk to mouse, he's a filmmaker.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Bob kickin' knowledge..

A neverending cycle Trainwreck2100's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    Are we sure she wasn't killed by a drone?

Thread Information