Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He's pretty good when Spurs down by 20. Maybe he's the next Matt Bonner?
    He’s a good ball player; just need seasoning/confidence. Has a silent killer disposition .......

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I am really starting to think that White would be the best starting PG on the team. Can score from anywhere. Doesn't make mistakes. Can defend the position as well as switch. Can play on and off the ball. Doesn't need a cascade of lineup changes to fit into the starting unit.

Pronouns: Your/Dad TheGreatYacht's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Did that neckbeard dabom 's internet go out again? It always happens at times like these

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    White >>>>>>> Fatty

My Girl's a Hooper keithington1's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    White> Patty Paul Bryn

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I am really starting to think that White would be the best starting PG on the team. Can score from anywhere. Doesn't make mistakes. Can defend the position as well as switch. Can play on and off the ball. Doesn't need a cascade of lineup changes to fit into the starting unit.
    Well he is two and a half years older than Murray so I would expect him to be more NBA ready at this point. So consider we drafted him as a rookie it's a bit strange he isn't getting more a chance over Murray bc he's the less green prospect. He's a decent enough athlete and he's less wiry than Murray even though he's also less athletic. Still though there's not a lot of 6'4 PGs in the NBA that can shoot like White can. I'd consider giving him the starting job for the rest of the year. Murray can continue to play decent minutes and improve but we basically know what we have out of him at this point until he continues to improve.

Done with the NBA
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Would be nice to have someone that could switch on defense. Switch on Curry, Thompson, and Dray a lot better than any of the other options.

Apparently a 23yo with skill is less worthy of playing time than a 21yo with no skills.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Are we acknowledging that holding up Patty as a comp is a low standard or are we justifying paying White $50 mil in two years?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    probably best to let Murray try to fill the simmons roll of 6th man. Of course that's hoping green or someone close in talent is at the 2 (kawhi maybe?)

Done with the NBA
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Well he is two and a half years older than Murray so I would expect him to be more NBA ready at this point. So consider we drafted him as a rookie it's a bit strange he isn't getting more a chance over Murray bc he's the less green prospect. He's a decent enough athlete and he's less wiry than Murray even though he's also less athletic. Still though there's not a lot of 6'4 PGs in the NBA that can shoot like White can. I'd consider giving him the starting job for the rest of the year. Murray can continue to play decent minutes and improve but we basically know what we have out of him at this point until he continues to improve.

Pop isn't ending the Murray experiment even if he thinks White is significantly better. He'll wait till we are getting completely ing by ty pg play in the playoffs to even consider playing him. He did the same thing to Splitter in 2011. All of a sudden when Memphis had our big bent over grabbing their ankles Pop decides it's time to start Splitter.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Pop isn't ending the Murray experiment even if he thinks White is significantly better. He'll wait till we are getting completely ing by ty pg play in the playoffs to even consider playing him. He did the same thing to Splitter in 2011. All of a sudden when Memphis had our big bent over grabbing their ankles Pop decides it's time to start Splitter.
    Murray and White should be playing over Tony & Patty. Don't know why its a White or Murray thing. Should be a White or Patty thing tbh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I figure Pop is giving Dijon his chance this year. It's obvious Pop likes Dijon.
    Not much has been said on Whites behalf it's almost like he's been hidden away. But the Spurs can play them together and Manu will likely retire, and no one knows whether Danny comes back. They will have guard minutes available... The sad aspect is that White likely could have played more this year if Pop wasn't playing politics with the established vets. (Don't know if Forbes will come back either)

Done with the NBA
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Murray and White should be playing over Tony & Patty. Don't know why its a White or Murray thing. Should be a White or Patty thing tbh.
    Agreed. I just don't see much potential in Murray and recognize that 50Mills need to play so he can play himself into a trade with some idiot franchise.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Murray would take the ball out of White's hands more than I would like.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Murray would take the ball out of White's hands more than I would like.
    Only when numbers are there in transition. Murray has been off the ball more than w ball in halfcourt this year.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    My mucca.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Only when numbers are there in transition. Murray has been off the ball more than w ball in halfcourt this year.
    Huh? I don't know where to find the stat, but he plays on the ball more to my eyes, and when he is off the ball he is no threat.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm all for starting White over Murray. But DJ should be the backup.

Send the midgets to the doghouse. Start the modernball movement already.

White, Green, Kawhi, Bertans, Aldridge.

Murray, Manu, Gay, Anderson, Gasol.

All guys 6'5" or taller. Positionless basketball.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If a young Tony could play off Manu, there's no reason Murray can't pay off White.

Different players in their overall attributes, but Murray - like a young Parker - would be better off playing downhill in the halfcourt off of a better playmaker.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If a young Tony could play off Manu, there's no reason Murray can't pay off White.

Different players in their overall attributes, but Murray - like a young Parker - would be better off playing downhill in the halfcourt off of a better playmaker.
    One of those guys went to the bench.

Assuming Kawhi and LMA both return, I don't think I would like Murray and White both in the lineup, too - not if I wanted White to be a PG.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Assuming Kawhi and LMA both return, I don't think I would like Murray and White both in the lineup, too - not if I wanted White to be a PG.
    Not in a closing lineup.

It can be done.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    My mucca

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

That only happened because bench players dogged it to scam their way into the starting lineup. Hedo, Barry, Finley.

If any of them actually as hard off the bench like Manu then Pop never gets suckered into bringing Manu off the bench.

Manu had a great chance at finals MVP in 2005 as a starter. If not for the thigh bruise he probably wins it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That only happened because bench players dogged it to scam their way into the starting lineup. Hedo, Barry, Finley.

If any of them actually as hard off the bench like Manu then Pop never gets suckered into bringing Manu off the bench.

Manu had a great chance at finals MVP in 2005 as a starter. If not for the thigh bruise he probably wins it.
    Anyone who remembers that series knows Manu was the true FMVP

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    HE.ALREADY.IS

Thread Information