Page 164 of 474 FirstFirst ... 64114154160161162163164165166167168174214264 ... LastLast
Results 4,076 to 4,100 of 11850
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Cite me a single case that the 6th Amendment applies to an impeachment proceeding.

You can’t because it doesn’t.

Stop lying tweetie bird.
    I'll take the good Senator's word over an ambulance chaser's strawman.

Have a nice day.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What authority does the good senator cite that holds the confrontation clause applicable to an impeachment proceeding, my sweet little bird?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What authority does the good senator cite that holds the confrontation clause applicable to an impeachment proceeding, my sweet little bird?
    The authority of repeating a false thing over and over again until people think it true, aka, propaganda.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    6th amendment right to face your accuser sorry boots
    you're stupid

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The authority of repeating a false thing over and over again until people think it true, aka, propaganda.
    And predictably runs away with his feathers between his legs when asked to provide actual, legal support for the patent lies he's spreading

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Have a nice day.
    ad hominem

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's basically over in terms of making the case for "quid pro quo". Now impeachment is a strictly moral/political decision, not a decision based on the facts. We know the facts. Even Ambassador Sondland, who is not exactly a "Never Trumper", has essentially admitted it... in writing...and under oath.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    "Now impeachment is a strictly moral/political decision, not a decision based on the facts"

no.

Impeachment is political, not judicial, BUT is based on facts.

the Ukraine facts are clear, as are the fact of 9 obstructions in the Mueller report.

Pelosi thinks the Mueller report is "nothing", her.

She and the DNC would rather lose to Trash again, than win with Liz or Bernie, who would probably vote Pelosi out of the speakership

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    "Now impeachment is a strictly moral/political decision, not a decision based on the facts"

no.

Impeachment is political, not judicial, BUT is based on facts.

No.

I'm talking about the facts related to the allegations. Senators can choose to totally ignore the facts if they like and base their decision on politics, not facts.

That's the reality, like it or not.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Republicans Seek to Swamp Democratic Offices With Anti-Impeachment Calls

The Republican National Committee’s effort was

meant to tie up phone lines of congressional Democrats

as part of a broader plan to defend the president.

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/11/04/us/politics/impeachment-republican-national-committee.html?link_id=0&can_id=4217e8eb109c68bd0c 2e4143dd2d8c15&source=email-the-republicans-hit-a-new-low-please-read-2&email_referrer=email_656905&email_subject=the-republicans-hit-a-new-low-please-read

With the Repugs, politics has been for decades dirty tricks (Stone, A er, Ailes, The Plumbers), lies, slander, total bull in their total disregard for actually governing and then governing only for the oligarchy, not For The People.

In that sense, Trash is not an anomaly, simply an out-front, blatant culmination of decades of Repugs' degradation of themselves and America.

Last edited by boutons_deux; 11-06-2019 at 11:25 AM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's basically over in terms of making the case for "quid pro quo". Now impeachment is a strictly moral/political decision, not a decision based on the facts. We know the facts. Even Ambassador Sondland, who is not exactly a "Never Trumper", has essentially admitted it... in writing...and under oath.
    Sondland reminds me of the guy in Princess Bride with the gate key.

"Where is the gate key?" "I have no gate key." "ok, Fezzig, tear his arms off" "oh, you mean this gate key".

"was there a quid pro quo" "there was no quid pro quo" "everybody else says there was, and you knew about it, perjury carries jail time, you know" "oh you mean this quid pro quo"

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Adam Schiff Drops The Hammer On Trump With Public Impeachment Hearings

starts Nov 13

https://www.politicususa.com/2019/11/06/public-impeachment-hearings.html?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=fee d&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+politicususa%2FfJAl+%28Poli ticus+USA+%29

Expect Trash, Tom Hagen, and all Repugs, who are ALL bad faith, and right wing hate media to make lots of deflecting, distracting noise.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Have a nice day.
    Tell you what, buttercup. You come forward with a single case holding that the confrontation clause applies to impeachment proceedings and I'll never post here again. If you can't, you're gone.

This should be a no brainer if you take the good Senator's word over a strawman from an ambulance chaser.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Have a nice day.
    if you're going to assess the credibility of the argument based on the source, then even the ambulance chasing attorney would be a better source of authority than a congressman who never went to law school

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Those are all powerful witnesses.
    exactly, and probably more to come.

Repugs/Trash/Nunes/RPaul screaming about outing the whistleblower (to get him killed) is now, has been, a fool's errand.

Whistleblower won't even show up in Congress, no need.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    if you're going to assess the credibility of the argument based on the source, then even the ambulance chasing attorney would be a better source of authority than a congressman who never went to law school
    If he was anything other than a coward who hid behind tweets, he'd take me up on my wager.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You [to TSA] omitted the next sentence, where he clearly invites him to talk to his personal laywer, his attorney general, about the Bidden.

Because you didn't quote it doesn't mean I didn't post it or it didn't happen. People here can read all of our posts.
    Cherry picking.

He can't acknowledge the other part of what was being asked for. The omission was very deliberate, and obviously so.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's falling apart on them.

Week in review. It's bribery just wait until you see the transcript, oh well you have to read between the lines and a brief claim it cons uted a campaign finance violation. Then it was just wait until you see the whistle blower report but now that it's clear this person doesn't even qualify as a whistle blower they are moving onto the "cover up" angle. Let's see how long it takes to find out who the leaker is and if the rumors that Schiff was involved in writing the phony whistle blower report are true.
    Funny watching you guys saying "it is falling apart on them" as the evidence mounts. Multiple people with first hand knowledge all saying the same thing, i.e. that aid was conditioned on an investigation of a political opponent.

You never learn.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Average American citizen here....literally decided today to read about what’s going on with all this impeachment talk. So that may be your answer as to how much people care at this point.....if I’m truly average anyway.
    Based on what you read, what do you think?

Had a few weeks for this to percolate.

Seems pretty obvious that the fact is a sitting president used government resources to extort another country into investigating a political rival. Republicans not even trying to deny this anymore.

The question is, what do we collectively do about it?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Trump releases actual call from Whistleblower complaint, no threat made, no quid pro quo.
    ... and there it is.

TSA asserting there was no quid pro quo.

There was a quid pro quo, so what?
    Multiple witnesses of the process all said there was one.

Snakeboy, Darrin S and the other useful idiots all chiming in with the party line about "no direct knowledge" when the whistleblower first come out.

TSA himself is unable to answer the simple ing question as to if Ukraine aid was ever suspended and whose decision it was tell you all you need to know.

Straight up delusion. Trump derangement syndrome.

Thread Information