Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Tim Duncan C-
    Boarded well and got to the line. Everything else was unsightly. O was a struggle, especially on the post. Individual D was scary bad.

Manu Ginobili D+
    Looked 35 going on 46. Slow and deliberate with movements. D was hindered by lack of speed. O was also shaky. Costly free throw miss.

Tony Parker B-
    Can't complain too much about his statistical production but his energy level was low and his defense could have been better.

Kawhi Leonard B
    Great at getting to the line, passed very well and was tenacious on D. Could have been more aggressive on O. Rebounding was MIA.

Danny Green B-
    I'm starting to hear circus music when he dribbles. Other than that, though, he was fine. Rebounded, hit shots and played attentive D.

Tiago Splitter C-
    Strength on the offensive glass negated by weakness on defensive glass. Wasn't physical enough on D. Not demonstrative enough on O.

DeJuan Blair A-
    His athleticism was iffy but he made up for it. Nimble touch around the rim. Exhibited patience on O. Boarded well but D was dubious.

Boris Diaw D+
    Non-existent in the paint. Didn't play tough enough. Didn't grab a single board. Made a few plays on O but was mostly quiet.

Stephen JacksonB
    Turned an ankle 8 minutes in. Played decently well up until that point. Good effort on the boards and helped the offensive flow.

Patrick Mills C+
    Got the first crack at backup PG role; didn't show much. Hustled and authored a few positive moments but was also shaky at times.

Nando De Colo C-
    He was the backup PG in the second half. Turnovers remain his bugaboo. Quick to loose balls but otherwise nondescript.

Pop C
    Rotations still random. In hindsight more minutes for Green probably would have helped. Playcalling was bland in overtime.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If Manu got a D+ and was actually the team leading scorer in the 4th quarter, despite the missed freebie, I can't even fathom how terrible the rest were during that time...

Manu Ginobili's bald spot chapnis's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This game was terrible, I'm going to pretend it never happened. It was a trap game and they fell right into it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Manu Ginobili D+
    Looked 35 going on 46. Slow and deliberate with movements. D was hindered by lack of speed. O was also shaky. Costly free throw miss.
    "Costly" in the sense that it lost the game. Pathetic. He shouldn't be on the floor in this condition.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Just an overall frustrating game TBH.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    i.e, burn the tape imo.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    non issue

pop just wanted that 18 game home winning streak to end

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    In whole, Tony relatively played the best among the big three. But he is our LeBron now(at least that's where the Spurs' hope is at), and he has to play at least B+ day in and day out unless the shooters are on fire for some nights.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If Manu got a D+ and was actually the team leading scorer in the 4th quarter, despite the missed freebie, I can't even fathom how terrible the rest were during that time...
    You. Are. A. ing. Idiot.

It pains me to say that, because I know you love the Spurs, but your takes are ing horrible.

Kiwi, Advanced Stat Fan
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It shouldn't come down to that FT shot. If you have the ball and a small lead(where the other team is going to foul) in the last 3-4 seconds, just toss it up in the air. The other team can't foul you, and it uses up the clock. When JR Smith is smart enough to do this(in the NY-GS game today) I wonder why the Spurs don't instruct their players to do so.

Manu just looks old.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We should've won this game.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm over it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs have shown progress in their defense recently, but this game was a step backwards and that's why it's a painful loss IMO. Plenty of blame to go around, but I reckon the chief culprit was Blair. You simply can't afford to let the opposing big man get into a rhythm. With Blair on the court, the Spurs are playing 4 on 5 every defensive possession, and the opponents know that. The guy is a cancer.

My Team
    Cleveland Cavaliers
    Post Count
    Two straight games the Spurs lose the game because Manu can't hit a pair of freethrows.. Anyone who says this team is better than last year's needs to have their head examined. I don't care how much the defense has improved, the offense is way to inconsistent to win a playoff series against the Clippers or Thunder. The Spurs are primarily a jumpshooting team and when the shots aren't falling, they look downright pathetic and it will undoubtedly will be their undoing in the playoffs.

Second chance points continue to plague the Spurs. The difference in offensive rebounding might not seem like a big deal, but when the Spurs get an O rebound, they kick it out. When a Spurs opponent gets an O rebound, they take it up stong for an automatic two. ADVANTAGE opponent.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Scoring only 1 point in Overtime sucks big time ... who said Manu not hitting his free throws was a non-issue

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs lost because they couldn't convert a basket in OT. That's a fluke so nothing to worry about. Go Spurs Go!

Born Slippy
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Was trying hard to figure what POP wanted out of this game , aside from the win. Rotations and subs didn't make sense.

Suns are soft in the paint, hardly went there using post offense with Tim. Tiago made mince out of scola last game, didn't see one post up this one.

Pretty much played into suns hands.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    SpursTalk meltdown in full swing. I bet most of those calling for Manu to retire were saying the same thing about Timmy a few years ago and wanted us to trade Parker in the summer.

Manu hasn't had consistent minutes for a while. We have nearly the whole month at home, enough time for him to get his rhythm back. He'll be fine.

Born Slippy
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Forgot to add, Oneal and suns got going with Diaw and Blair as Spurs bigs. They made a concerted effort to attack the paint. POP needs to go back to having atleast TIm or Tiago anchoring the middle.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Man, Ginobili you used to be my boy dude but you man. Ain't done since fouling Dirk in 2006.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Pop rounding into playoff form.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think this one is on Pop. The Suns comeback was all during De Colo's time on the floor. He had already sucked against them in the previous game yet he gave him the 2nd half backup PG duties.... lol Manu's score less than De Colo's

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Long road trip, trap game, and big home cooked meals after returning home. I'm going to bet things are cleaned up considerably next game

Tim needs to rest. Splitter and Baynes for a few games.

Tim's defense looked really bad, but part of that was the exceptional play of O'Neal. He gives TD problems.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You. Are. A. ing. Idiot.

It pains me to say that, because I know you love the Spurs, but your takes are ing horrible.
    nothing like attacking the messenger when your gets constantly pushed in... pretty telling you decided not to address the post at all...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Two straight games the Spurs lose the game because Manu can't hit a pair of freethrows.. Anyone who says this team is better than last year's needs to have their head examined. I don't care how much the defense has improved, the offense is way to inconsistent to win a playoff series against the Clippers or Thunder. The Spurs are primarily a jumpshooting team and when the shots aren't falling, they look downright pathetic and it will undoubtedly will be their undoing in the playoffs.

Second chance points continue to plague the Spurs. The difference in offensive rebounding might not seem like a big deal, but when the Spurs get an O rebound, they kick it out. When a Spurs opponent gets an O rebound, they take it up stong for an automatic two. ADVANTAGE opponent.
    This is a good post, but I'll point out that, historically, having a better defense is preferable to having a better offense, especially when the playoffs roll around. IMO, they're better than last season as a team overall. Even last night game, we could not put the ball in the basket for the entire OT, but we also held them scoreless for 4 out of the 5 OT minutes.

That doesn't mean this team has enough to win it all though....

Thread Information