Page 1 of 13 1234511 ... LastLast
    When I think of Mississippi I think of them old blues from the Delta and guys like Robert Johnson, Charley Patton, Son House and how Tommy Johnson sold his soul at them crossroads to the Haitian diety Legbu for guitar immortality. I don't think football.

Since 2004 Ole Miss has played in but four bowl games. MSU has played in five. Neither team has ever won more than nine games in a season.

If we think of "star" NFL players who came out of Miss schools...Brett Favre Southen Mississippi. Then Eli Manning Ole Miss. Who am I missing? Well .....Jerry Rice Mississippi Valley State and Walter Payton Jackson State.

Could 2014 be the year all that changes? I know, I know, way back when Ole Miss had a great team but that was back before the black athletes were the compe ion.

I also think of Marcus Dupree who came out of Philadelphia Miss.
    Last edited by Avante; 09-23-2014 at 03:40 AM.

Post Count
    Mississippi has always had alot of talent. The problem has been the educational system. Alot of these players don't qualify forcing them to go the junior colleges where the state has a ton of quality JC teams.

My Team
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    Post Count
    Mississippi has always had alot of talent. The problem has been the educational system.

Alleged Michigander ChumpDumper's Avatar
    My Team
    UTSA Roadrunners
    Post Count

Post Count
    Its true, players don't qualify out of high school so they have to go to junior colleges. Hurts Ole Miss and Mississippi State recruiting.

My Team
    Mississippi State Bulldogs
    Post Count
    Its true, players don't qualify out of high school so they have to go to junior colleges. Hurts Ole Miss and Mississippi State recruiting.
    That's exactly right...that's why Hinds Community College (Raymond campus) had a beast football team for a decade. One of the best community colleges (in terms of football) in the country....cause players couldn't qualify to play at a Div. I school.

But that isn't always the case....if you're extremely talented...like a 5star prospect...they'll fudge the numbers and get you in to a bigger school.

My Team
    Post Count
    Jerry Rice baby...best WR (maybe overall football player) of all time. Straight from the delta....one of Mississippi's best.

BTW...nobody here really claims Brett Favre. He played at Southern Miss..and most people who live in Mississippi either pull for Ole Miss or Miss. St. But we both hate Southern Miss. Southern fans think they are on the same level as Ole Miss and Miss. St...but they're not. They're more like Jackson State.

Mississippi has always had alot of talent. The problem has been the educational system. Alot of these players don't qualify forcing them to go the junior colleges where the state has a ton of quality JC teams.
    That makes no sense. How many schools only recruit players in state and if they do go that JC route how about the JC transfers?

That's exactly right...that's why Hinds Community College (Raymond campus) had a beast football team for a decade. One of the best community colleges (in terms of football) in the country....cause players couldn't qualify to play at a Div. I school.

But that isn't always the case....if you're extremely talented...like a 5star prospect...they'll fudge the numbers and get you in to a bigger school.
    There have been JC track programs like...

Taft
    Barton
    South Plains
    Blinn
    and Hinds

...that can hang with a lot of big schools.

Tyson Gay the American 100m record holder....Barton.

Footballers

O.J.Simpson SFCC.
    Joe "The Jet" Perry Compton JC
    Aaron Rodgers Butte
    Cam Newton Blinn
    Chad Jonson and Steve Smith on the same Santa Monica City team.
    Last edited by Avante; 09-23-2014 at 11:50 PM.

Jerry Rice baby...best WR (maybe overall football player) of all time. Straight from the delta....one of Mississippi's best.

BTW...nobody here really claims Brett Favre. He played at Southern Miss..and most people who live in Mississippi either pull for Ole Miss or Miss. St. But we both hate Southern Miss. Southern fans think they are on the same level as Ole Miss and Miss. St...but they're not. They're more like Jackson State.
    While So Miss has sucked recently they are still on a whole other level than those SWAC schools like Jackson St.

All Hail the Legatron The Reckoning's Avatar
    My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    CLANGCLANGCLANG

The All Misssissippi Schools Offense

QB...Brett Favre
    RB...Walter Payton
    RB...Marcus Dupree
    WR...Jerry Rice
    WR...Harold Jackson
    TE...hmmm?

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    The All Misssissippi Schools Offense

TE...hmmm?

Your wife, because hers has been all over Mississippi

My Team
    UTSA Roadrunners
    Post Count
    Avante has never been to Mississippi.

My Team
    Post Count
    Avante has never been to Mississippi.
    And don't come here....you're not missing much.

My Team
    Post Count
    While So Miss has sucked recently they are still on a whole other level than those SWAC schools like Jackson St.
    Maybe historically you're right....but right now....So Miss and Jackson St. are pretty much equal. I think Southern Miss won 1 game last year...and 0 games the year before.

My Team
    Ole Miss Rebels
    Post Count
    And don't come here....you're not missing much.
    You must have been in Starkville too long.

Your wife, because hers has been all over Mississippi
    If we were both 14 that sort of thing would be cute/funny...ok? I'm not 14 ok little man?

Maybe historically you're right....but right now....So Miss and Jackson St. are pretty much equal. I think Southern Miss won 1 game last year...and 0 games the year before.
    You must not know much about the SWAC. Trust me a whole other level of football being played there. There we see those players that...NOBODY...else wanted with a few exceptions.

Southern Miss would beat up on any SWAC team.

My Team
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    Post Count
    If we were both 14 that sort of thing would be cute/funny...ok? I'm not 14 ok little man?
    And you would know what 14 year olds think are cute

And you would know what 14 year olds think are cute
    Tell that to Elvis who was digging on Priscilla when she was 14..ok? Tell that to Mohammad who had a 9 year old wife.

Why tell me?

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count

you have to admit it was funny

you have to admit it was funny
    Why waste time on silly on that? It accomplishs what, yep...0. All that silliness does is make you look stupid and immature.

My Team
    UTSA Roadrunners
    Post Count
    Why waste time on silly on that? It accomplishs what, yep...0. All that silliness does is make you look stupid and immature.
    Almanac lists must be much better.

My Team
    Post Count
    You must not know much about the SWAC. Trust me a whole other level of football being played there. There we see those players that...NOBODY...else wanted with a few exceptions.

Southern Miss would beat up on any SWAC team.
    Week 2...Southern Miss vs. Alcorn State played in Hattiesburg. Southern Miss barely won 26-20. Trust me...If they played a full SWAC schedule they wouldn't go undefeated...Trust Me. They would of gotten the "L" that game if it was Jackson St.

And btw...do you live in Mississippi or the South?? Cause if you don't you've got some balls telling someone like me (a Mississippi native) that "you must not know much about the SWAC". Have you ever been to a SWAC game? Have you ever been to 20 SWAC games? Dude...I've probably forgotten more about the SWAC than you'll ever know. I know about the SWAC....you probably look this up on Google.

Thread Information