Page 11 of 164 FirstFirst ... 7891011121314152161111 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ing Pacers need to win a game. On a related note, Houston is in a close game with SAC. Hopefully they can win that and get the Spurs closer to a top-three slot.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Much like Primo (and Lonnie before him), Ivey has the look and body language of a star. Would not be opposed to a 1-2-3 punch of Murray/Ivey/Primo and surround those three with a Toni Kukoc forward and a garbage man center.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    One of the reason I like Ivey is that I think he would work great with Murray it gives them a great one two punch. Both can handle the fast breaks and on defense Murray can handle guarding SG while Ivey can lock down the PG. Also, I like Ivey 3 ball potential and he is just a dog he gets after it and we desperately need more players with this type of DNA.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Man if Shaedon Sharpe decides to come out early it’s going to have a big impact on draft from 4 to 11.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Paolo standing around and begging for the ball in the mid post for multiple possessions today was NOT a good look. Spurs don’t usually go for those types of players.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Going up my board
    Chet Holmgreen - , if the Spurs see something there and he can form a 1-2 punch with Murray. Go for it. His body is alarming, but whatever. The advanced metrics look good.
    Tari Eason - I was worried he was too much like KBD, but he’s a little more fluid than him and it doesn’t hurt to go for more players with length. He’s a little like Nephew in that he’s not flashy or super athletic, but the handles are there to give him upside on offense.

going down:
    Paolo Banchero - for reasons stated above
    Kendall Brown - people actually like this guy? Come on. 2 points. 5 points. 4 points. In the last three games. Do we need another non scorer?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

No past “sure thing” prospect played like a role player in college.
    i haven’t checked before responding but your above statement is false. Especially when you look at the university of Kentucky. Bam and Booker both were role players on those Kentucky teams.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    i haven’t checked before responding but your above statement is false. Especially when you look at the university of Kentucky. Bam and Booker both were role players on those Kentucky teams.
    Uhh it’s easy to say that after the fact. But my whole premise is that they weren’t sure thing prospects, not that there’s no chance for them to become stars. Bam and Book were not sure fire stars coming out of the draft. Especially Bam.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Jaden Ivey is really athletic and has alpha scorer mentality. A rare talent to come out of Purdue.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Banchero, Ivey, Smith, and Baldwin Jr are the only potential franchise players in this draft imo, so its imperative the Spurs get themselves a top four pick.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Going up my board
    Chet Holmgreen - , if the Spurs see something there and he can form a 1-2 punch with Murray. Go for it. His body is alarming, but whatever. The advanced metrics look good.
    Tari Eason - I was worried he was too much like KBD, but he’s a little more fluid than him and it doesn’t hurt to go for more players with length. He’s a little like Nephew in that he’s not flashy or super athletic, but the handles are there to give him upside on offense.

going down:
    Paolo Banchero - for reasons stated above
    Kendall Brown - people actually like this guy? Come on. 2 points. 5 points. 4 points. In the last three games. Do we need another non scorer?
    Sometimes we need to see other things than just the numbers, imo Brown ( who's not that good the past few games) is totally hidden by baylor's system, i said that after watching some of their games. He got some legit tools, i'll consider him late lottery.

For Banchero, i agree about the style of play, he's a post player who needs touches but he can shoot, he's a good passer, not a bad defender so i still have him high. You said the spurs don't need non-scorer, i also think they need some scoring and paolo could be a very good option in that way.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Banchero, Ivey, Smith, and Baldwin Jr are the only potential franchise players in this draft imo, so its imperative the Spurs get themselves a top four pick.
    I would also include Shaedon Sharpe if he comes out as most mocks have him a top 3 in 2023.

His last measurements I saw was Height: 6’6 with a 6’11 wing span?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Been a Chet fan since day one. I think he still has the most highest ceiling in the draft. I can see a bit of the KG comparisons defensively. Some of Durant offensively and some of Poku his floor. I have been falling in love with Jabari recently reading everyone’s scouting report’s on him. I would be happy with either as both will be franchise bigs.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Been a Chet fan since day one. I think he still has the most highest ceiling in the draft. I can see a bit of the KG comparisons defensively. Some of Durant offensively and some of Poku his floor. I have been falling in love with Jabari recently reading everyone’s scouting report’s on him. I would be happy with either as both will be franchise bigs.
    Pokusevski is a terrible player. I can't think of wasting a high draft pick on a guy whose floor is that terrible.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Pokusevski is a terrible player. I can't think of wasting a high draft pick on a guy whose floor is that terrible.

Holmgren is nowhere near or comparable to Poku in term of Basketball skills imo.

The frame is concerning but the guy is very good. Will change the defense.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Uhh it’s easy to say that after the fact. But my whole premise is that they weren’t sure thing prospects, not that there’s no chance for them to become stars. Bam and Book were not sure fire stars coming out of the draft. Especially Bam.
    Oh, I misunderstood what your premise was then. I agree that neither Bam or Booker were sure fire stars coming into the draft.

honestly though the draft is a crap shoot and I know you understand that. I just hope we get a quality player

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Holmgren is nowhere near or comparable to Poku in term of Basketball skills imo.

The frame is concerning but the guy is very good. Will change the defense.
    His body is concerning and raises question for me about whether his D will translate to the NBA, but his handle and fluidity on offense is pretty amazing for a guy that tall. Had some early early KD flashbacks.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Will be interesting to see how Pop (if he is still coaching) decides the development path of what is likely a top 5 pick.

If we were kucky enough to come away with someone like Smith there is no reason for him to be playing behind anyone on this roster from day one.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    His body is concerning and raises question for me about whether his D will translate to the NBA, but his handle and fluidity on offense is pretty amazing for a guy that tall. Had some early early KD flashbacks.

I really think the concerns with him are mostly his body, about the defense i agree about the low post but not totally, he still can block shots and for the perimeter he shows that he can slide on smaller players.

Defense starts at 4 min mark

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Jabari Smith’s closest matches: Rudy Gay, Patrick Williams, Kyle Kuzma, Brandon Ingram. Stats back it up— Jabari prefers contested mid range 2’s and shoots them average-to-poor, just like these guys.

Not the type of guys I think you could win with with them as your #1 or #2 guy. Waste of a top 5 pick, IMO.
    Last edited by Dejounte; 01-23-2022 at 09:01 AM.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Jabari Smith’s closest matches: Rudy Gay, Patrick Williams, Kyle Kuzma, Brandon Ingram

Not the type of guys I think you could win with with them as your #1 or #2 guy. Waste of a top 5 pick, IMO.

You see him as a 3/4 ? i see him more as a 4/5. I will compare him to Jaren Jackson jr ( better shooter but weaker shotblocker).

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You see him as a 3/4 ? i see him more as a 4/5. I will compare him to Jaren Jackson jr ( better shooter but weaker shotblocker).
    Full time 4. A 3 for (very) short stretches. Doesn’t have the body for a 5 unless the team he’s playing against is playing small.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Full time 4. A 3 for (very) short stretches. Doesn’t have the body for a 5 unless the team he’s playing against is playing small.
    Agreed, he's a full time 4 for me. Reminds me a lot of JJJ.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    IMO, Jabari is an okay pick if you think everyone else in that range doesn’t have impressive upside.

i think this is all moot point anyway since I don’t think he’ll be a real target since he doesn’t appear to have your typical Spurs qualities: team-first, professional, humble, intelligence or curiosity. This guy sounds dumb as bricks.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    IMO, Jabari is an okay pick if you think everyone else in that range doesn’t have impressive upside.

i think this is all moot point anyway since I don’t think he’ll be a real target since he doesn’t appear to have your typical Spurs qualities: team-first, professional, humble, intelligence or curiosity. This guy sounds dumb as bricks.
    You may be right but at some point we need to loosen this criteria in the pursuit of talent. Some of those wualities you mentioned above come with maturity and can be bred. Pure talent can’t.

Thread Information