Page 13 of 22 FirstFirst ... 391011121314151617 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Feels like he has thrown in the towel. I think reality has set in it’s a tough road ahead for him here.
    Nah. I don’t think he's a quitter. He’s a survivor all his life. He is “too nice” to a fault. The win over OKC, he didn’t have to assert himself and get in the way of Murray and Co. He did have 2 steals and a block. I think Pop would say he had a good game despite scoring 5 points. But that at ude carries over to the next game when some of the guys were not playing as well. But he cannot just switch it on. Unlike Ginobili taking over despite coming from the bench, and ready to close the game. Lonnie, I don’t know if he’s capable of switching it on and off, or just be the #1 option all the time. Because when he is, he explodes to 25 or 21 like the win over Dubs. I’m sure you put him in GLeague, he would dominate. Playing along side Murray or Vassell, he defers. Pity because I really like the guy, and he maybe running out of time with trading deadline fast approaching. Or he could finally find himself in another team where he could finally be the guy.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Vassell is getting more play calls than walker. Walkers shot is so bad right now, I don't blame pop not calling walker's number to get a basket. But then he struggles to make the right decisions when his number isn't called.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lonnie buying a house is definitely odd. I know he loves the city, so he could live here after his playing days are over or in the offseason. Imo Lonnie is the odd man out when it comes to guard rotation with White, DV, Murray and Primo. Primo is still another year from getting consistent minutes though. It’s going to be an interesting offseason.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Really frustrating player given the natural talent. They shouldn’t bring him back

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Vassell is getting more play calls than walker. Walkers shot is so bad right now, I don't blame pop not calling walker's number to get a basket. But then he struggles to make the right decisions when his number isn't called.
    When Devin’s number is called, he accepts the challenge. When Lonnie’s is called, he often passes the ball right back to the PG. I’ve seen that dozens of times.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    When Devin’s number is called, he accepts the challenge. When Lonnie’s is called, he often passes the ball right back to the PG. I’ve seen that dozens of times.
    Him rim running just to stop at the arch to pass, mind boggling.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Immense physical talents hasn't translated to winning basketball plays unfortunately and he doesn't have a good feel for the game, although love his shooting form and brief flashes of elite play making. He'll find a home with a team hoping he puts it together on a cheap deal. Both sides benefit from moving on. Vassell has already surpassed him as a player and in the rotation, and Primo should be getting his 15-20 minutes next season.

His trade value is just his expiring deal at this point so I don't think SA could get anything unless they package him with Thad's expiring contract + picks. I wish the Spurs would do this to bolster their 4 position.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I like this kid but I have the feeling last game against Houston showed that Pop has given up on him. He even took him out during the garbage time, and it made sense cause he was the worst spur on the floor. Such a waste of talent…

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I like this kid but I have the feeling last game against Houston showed that Pop has given up on him. He even took him out during the garbage time, and it made sense cause he was the worst spur on the floor. Such a waste of talent…
    Time to move on. Something isn't clocking here and if I’m him I jump at another opportunity if it presents himself this summer. Someone will give him a look.

Next up D White

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Send him to Philly he’ll be good there, just sa isn’t the place for him unfortunately

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Send him to Philly he’ll be good there, just sa isn’t the place for him unfortunately
    He has little to no trade value outside of being an expiring contract. Most teams that are interested can have him this summer as he won’t get more than part of the bi-annual exception to tax payer mid-level exception so basically <5mm.
    Last edited by KingKev; 01-26-2022 at 12:19 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    With Morey’s love of advanced stats, he wouldn’t touch him with the proverbial ten foot pole.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Nothing of real substance here but he's on the list.

https://sports.yahoo.com/nba-trade-d...195420101.html

Other names to watch

Haven't gotten your fill of the trade rumor mill? Here are 10 more trade possibilities to consider:

• The entire Portland Trail Blazers roster
    • Bojan Bogdanovic, Utah Jazz
    • Spencer Dinwiddie, Washington Wizards
    • Eric Gordon, Houston Rockets
    • Gordon Hayward, Charlotte Hornets
    • Al Horford, Boston Celtics
    • Lonnie Walker IV, San Antonio Spurs
    • Patrick Williams, Chicago Bulls
    • James Wiseman, Golden State Warriors
    • Christian Wood, Houston Rockets

Every game is game 1 Seventyniner's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It makes sense. Lonnie clearly isn't in the team's medium-term plans but another team might be willing to take a flier and get his Bird rights to boot. I wouldn't expect major value for him, but his age and athletic profile make him a marginally positive asset imo. Maybe enough to sweeten a multi-player deal into happening.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Walker has 0 trade value. Less value than most NBA twitter pundits.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What's up with his shot? It's flat and shooting percentage has tanked. His minutes are lower. His D is better but still average.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I wonder if Spurs can get Patrick Williams because bulls are in win now mode.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I wonder if Spurs can get Patrick Williams because bulls are in win now mode.
    Nah they really like him. The pundits seem to think that if he does get moved its to DET for Grant.

Forum Official Personal Life Coach BacktoBasics's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Nah they really like him. The pundits seem to think that if he does get moved its to DET for Grant.
    In our wildest wet dream

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    In our wildest wet dream
    He is talking about Patrick Williams

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lonnie would give it away on a TO then hit a big 3. I mean it’s Jekyll and Hyde the way he plays. I don’t think the game has slowed down on him yet. Because I think he coukd be a very special player, and he might be with another team.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lonnie would give it away on a TO then hit a big 3. I mean it’s Jekyll and Hyde the way he plays. I don’t think the game has slowed down on him yet. Because I think he coukd be a very special player, and he might be with another team.
    Those TO were awful too. If he didn't hit those shots, he was getting benched. I like how he had turned into a dependable defender now. That's good. If he only kept his 3 point shooting up, he would have more minutes and more stats. But his shooting looks flatter.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    His body language is just awful.

I just don’t see a path where he even gets a QO, because giving one ($11+M) would be offering him an amount for 1 year that he should be offered for 4 years. He’d probably take it, and that would be a disaster.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    His body language is just awful.

I just don’t see a path where he even gets a QO, because giving one ($11+M) would be offering him an amount for 1 year that he should be offered for 4 years. He’d probably take it, and that would be a disaster.
    His QO is 6mm. Cap hold is 13.4mm.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    His QO is 6mm. Cap hold is 13.4mm.
    Dammit, I did it again…

Thread Information