Page 33 of 64 FirstFirst ... 2329303132333435363743 ... LastLast
    Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Try to blast through checkout as quick as you can. Like even have your CC security code copied so you can just paste it. Are you at least getting it in your cart every time?
    Nope. Cant get passed the can’t add to cart notice.

I deleted my dummy account along with my info. I’m just going to take it easy for now. Just going to do PS direct. I have had my best luck with them.

The bas s also have great shipment times. 3 day free shipping is not bad at all.

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    And now it shows out of stock.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Nope. Cant get passed the can’t add to cart notice.

I deleted my dummy account along with my info. I’m just going to take it easy for now. Just going to do PS direct. I have had my best luck with them.

The bas s also have great shipment times. 3 day free shipping is not bad at all.
    I got one in the cart every single time a few weeks ago but couldn't get through checkout until the last drop. It looks like the last drop today ended up being a big one. I have never seen the add to cart button on the product webpage but it was there a whole two minutes on this last drop.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    hope Joseph Kony got one on that last drop. Any luck, man?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    hope Joseph Kony got one on that last drop. Any luck, man?
    Hope our is not crying into a pillow.

If you go in with high expectations you will be crushed if you don’t get it. Go in expecting nothing and you just might luck out.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I mean just look at xevious. Guy tried it once and he was able to cart it only doing it once. I’ve waited weeks for Walmart to drop and wasnt off ven able to get off the main page. me

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Hope our is not crying into a pillow.

If you go in with high expectations you will be crushed if you don’t get it. Go in expecting nothing and you just might luck out.
    Yeah I wasn't expecting to be able to get , even made this post two minutes before actually being able to check out with one

I'll try one more time in 2 minutes and then when that fails go play Yakuza 4

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Though my most frustrating PS5 experience was with Best Buy where they kept a PS5 in my cart for 20 minutes but kept sending me 2FA codes that timed out by the time I got them.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    not that im interested, but how much are these things going for on the scalper market?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    not that im interested, but how much are these things going for on the scalper market?
    Between 800 and 900. I've seen it as high as 1200.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I saw them for $670 on StockX today.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I saw them for $670 on StockX today.
    How legit are these guys? I’ve seen some go for as low as 630 once. Weirdly enough, digital versions go for higher than discs more often than not. That screams red flags to me.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I see them locally in the $700 to $800 range on OfferUp around San Antonio. Ebay around $900 last I checked a few weeks ago. I wouldn't touch a scalped system with a ten foot pole since you're ed if you need to use warranty service then.

what uganda do about it? Joseph Kony's Avatar
    My Team
    Seattle Supersonics
    Post Count
    Didn't get y'all. I wasn't expecting anything and yet I still am disappointed

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Didn't get y'all. I wasn't expecting anything and yet I still am disappointed
    Oh well, unless you're dying to play Demon's Souls there isn't anything worth playing you can't play on PS4 or PC other than Astro's Playroom. Only games I have bought for this system are all PS4 games (namely, Miles Morales / Dragon Quest XI S / Yakuza Like a Dragon / Final Fantasy VII Remake).

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So is every console release from now on going to have this same artificial scarcity bullcrap marketing ploy applied to it?
    Can’t imagine it’s a marketing ploy. Last thing Sony wants to do is give people the incentive to get an Xbox

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So is every console release from now on going to have this same artificial scarcity bullcrap marketing ploy applied to it?
    There is no way they want these to be hard to get, they're losing their asses on the hardware and make their money off games and subscription services. They take a 30% cut on digital game sales and around a 10-15% cut on physical and the subscription services like PS Plus and PS Now are almost pure profit. But when scalpers have these systems they're obviously not buying games and if someone pays $800 or $900 for the system instead of $540 they're going to be buying less games most likely. And same for subscription. This is the exact opposite of what Sony wants with this launch. They want as many gamers to have these so can collect from those revenue streams that make the console space so lucrative for Sony.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This console release period is like a perfect storm of things making them hard to get:

1. Gaming demand is through the roof because COVID is keeping people inside

2. They're being sold online only to keep from having big lines at stores, so scalpers can use bots to snatch them up and deny them to regular buyers.

3. Both the PS5 and XBox Series X are ridiculously good hardware for $500 and both Sony and Microsoft are selling them at a significant loss.

4. There is a shortage on silicon manufacturing thanks to COVID

5. There is an enormous demand for production at TSMC aside from the consoles, since AMD also has a new line of PC cpus and gpus that are hugely in demand. Plus demand at TSMC for Smartphone chips is really high too.

Just a perfect storm of sky high demand and lowered supply right now combined with middlemen leeches getting in the way. It's twice as bad if you're trying to build a gaming PC now since cryptocurrency is through the roof so China is buying a ton of PC gpus to mine ethereum with since their electricity costs are so low.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    DualSense definitely way better on battery life than the Dualshock 4. I have been playing Ghost of Tsushima pretty much all day today and controller is still at 2/3 bars. I'd have had to charge DS4 for sure by now.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Reck, Joseph Kony

https://www.techradar.com/news/exclu...restock-target

Exclusive: Target PS5 restock to happen this week – here's when it could be
    By Matt Swider 5 hours ago

Target PS5 restock is expected anywhere from now to Thursday. Here's how you'll be the first to know.

Tuesday update: The Target PS5 restock is this week, according to information sent to TechRadar by multiple Target employees who sent us tips on Twitter. The restock will likely launch in the morning as an online-exclusive order before Target stores open, and offer the option for in-store pickup.

We uploaded more photos of Target PS5 and Xbox restock being readied at stores around the US, both in the front (kiosks) and in the back (boxes in inventory). Be sure to follow our console restock Twitter tracker to get instant PS5 and Xbox stock alerts.

TechRadar can confirm that Target employees have been preparing for a PS5 restock for this week, and it could happen as soon as tomorrow. An Xbox Series X restock is also being prepped for the same online-only ordering process, employees tell us.

"We have roughly 8 Xbox consoles and 22 PS5 consoles," we were told in a direct message on Twitter by a Target employee who wishes to remain anonymous. Across three Target stores, employees told us that there are many more PS5 Disc Editions and very few to no PS5 Digital Editions for the impending Target restock.

Want to know when? Follow our PS5 restock Twitter tracker to receive alerts the minute the Target PS5 stock goes live. It's the fastest way to get real-time updates.
    Important: The Target employees stressed to not show up at stores to order either console. These are online-only orders with an in-store pickup option. We're hearing that the PS5 restock is "likely" be as soon as Monday morning from our sources. That leaves open the possibility it could be later in the week. We'll let you know as soon as it happens via Twitter.

Two things to keep in mind: It could be this morning, and we'll be awake to sound the alarm via Twitter as soon as orders go live. Or it could be another day this week. Target loves to surprise us with early morning consoles drops, but employees aren't always aware of when they happen. They just know when inventory peaks.

Notable streamer Cameron Ritz, or Killercam1020 on Twitch, suggests that it could be as late as Thursday. "One of the people who I’ve talked to about Target said that they typically go live 1.5 weeks after stores start seeing inventory," Ritz divulged. "I believe that was Monday this past week when they started getting inventory. Unless there’s some kinda delay my guess is Thursday."

Target PS5 inventory shows up in kiosks

Here's another tell that consoles are coming soon: Target customers nationwide found PS5 inventory show up in kiosks on Sunday night ahead of the expected sale. Twitch streamer MyGuyMcFly snapped and sent a photo to TechRadar, seen below, showing 18 PS5 consoles in stock at a local Target in Minnesota, suggesting they have at least some inventory.

Even more PS5 consoles are stockpiled at a Target in Austin, Texas, with customer Esteban reaching out to us on Twitter to share a photo in a direct message.

"I went to my local Target a few minutes ago and they have some in stock," he told us. The screen shows 25+ PS5 consoles on hand and 41 in the back. None were being sold just yet. He noted, "For PS5 Digital Edition, they only have 6, so I’m most likely aiming for the Disc version."

We're likely to see more photos of inventory from Target employees and customers as the restock date approaches, if it's not in fact Monday morning.

So when will Target restock PS5 and Xbox?

Because the the three Target employees who talked to us and the customers who sent us kiosk photos are from different parts of the US, there's a good chance this is a nationwide restock – whenever it happens.

We saw something similar two weeks ago when both the PS5 and Xbox Series X were sold online for in-store pickup. The consoles only lasted a few minutes before Target completely ran out of stock. The good news is it wasn't as hard to get ahold of either console compared what people went through during the Walmart and Best Buy restocks late last week.

Pro tip: Target does online-only orders, but allows for in-store pickup. This means some stores, especially those in big cities, will run out more quickly. Try to adjust your pickup location if your nearest store runs out.

TechRadar went to visit the Herald Square store in Manhattan, and employees there said they don't often carry the PlayStation 5. So it may be available on a store-by-store basis. The next closest Target with likely inventory was their larger Harlem store, which didn't return our phone calls. The first thing their automated message machine insists is they they don't give out PS5 and Xbox restock information.

Last time there was a major Target PS5 restock, it happened at 8am EST, so it's best to be prepared to wake up early, even if you're on the West Coast. However, there are no guarantees that Target will launch orders a 8AM EST on Monday. It could be earlier (Target has done that before), it could be later, or it could be as later this week.

TechRadar also has several photos of boxes in the Target backroom showing Xbox Series X and PS5 inventory. We initially withheld those pictures until we could ensure there were no markings that could be traced back to our sources.

You can do two things today. Check the stores below and receive alerts from our PS5 restock Twitter tracker.

1. Get alerted: Follow our PS5 restock Twitter tracker

2. Check for PS5 restock yourself – these are the 12 trusted stores
    Check these stores for PS5
    Amazon: PS5 | PS5 Digital Edition – always check for surprise stock
    GameStop: PS5 | PS5 Digital Edition – great source due to affordable bundles that stay in stock longer
    Walmart: PS5 | PS5 Digital Edition – just went out of stock Thursday
    Sony Direct: PS5 | PS5 Digital Edition
    Target: PS5 |PS5 Digital Edition
    Best Buy: PS5 | PS5 Digital Edition – in stock Friday
    B&H Photo: PS5 |PS5 Digital Edition
    Sam's Club: PS5 | PS5 Digital Edition
    Newegg: PS5 | PS5 Digital Edition
    Costco: PS5
    Adorama: PS5
    Antonline: PS5
    PS5 has been nearly impossible to find in stock for more than a few minutes every time stores restock the Sony console. We're finding the same can be said about the Xbox Series X. Both Sony and Microsoft launches their respective consoles in November 2020 and haven't been able to manufacturer enough to meet demand.

Stores like Target, Walmart and Best Buy routinely add new stock to their stores and the crush of people coming to their sites often crashes the pages. Four months after the initial launches, it's still a burden to buy a next-gen console, even after months of customers constantly trying their luck.

Follow our PS5 restock Twitter tracker

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Here is their restock tracker (didn't want to go embed the link over and over from the article)

https://twitter.com/mattswider

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Just missed the Costco restock by 15 mins

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    24 units? maybe 3 of them will get bought by actual people. The rest go to the bots.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not sure how that guy knows Thursday specifically will be the day PlayStation Direct will go live. There is no rhyme or reason to their schedule other than they usually go from 4-5PM Eastern time on any given day.

They have been quiet for 2 weeks+ now. Perhaps they’re stock piling them.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    baseline bum I was able to get a Gamestop bundle in my cart and checkout and it actually gave me the option to place the order but didn't go thorough with t because lol 2 games, 2 controllers is not really my thing.

Leetonidas
    go get it. They're still in stock.

Thread Information