Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    As I've been saying for years, he's the most overrated NFL player I've ever seen, tbh..a product of marketing, minimal impact on the field..

Houston should cut his ass and spend money on an offense, tbh..

Board Man Comes Home Clipper Nation's Avatar
    Post Count
    Watt is no Joey Bosa, that's for sure.

Watt is no Joey Bosa, that's for sure.
    Bosa's legit, already looks much better than Watt and the 2nd most overrated defender, Khalil Mack..

Post Count
    Bosa's legit, already looks much better than Watt and the 2nd most overrated defender, Khalil Mack..
    Best pass rusher in the division, tbh.

My Team
    Oakland Raiders
    Post Count
    Didn't OP call demaryius Thomas and Julius Thomas the best players at their positions?

Didn't OP call demaryius Thomas and Julius Thomas the best players at their positions?
    Everybody is a homer sometimes..has nothing to do with this thread, though, and the fact that the Texans' defense has been great all year and potentially advancing to round 2 without the great JJ Watt..some impact..

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    OP is absolutely right. Watt's stats have been empty, tbh.. Watt never comes up with timely plays. Compare that to Von Miller for example. That's the type of clutch impact you want from your best defenders.

Houston needs to trade Watt while they can.

My Team
    Houston Texans
    Post Count
    if Watt is overrated what does that make Miller?

Post Count
    if Watt is overrated what does that make Miller?
    Von Piller, as roided-up as he is, is a champion and Super Bowl MVP who has shown up in the playoffs - unlike Watt.

My Team
    Houston Texans
    Post Count
    OP is absolutely right. Watt's stats have been empty, tbh.. Watt never comes up with timely plays. Compare that to Von Miller for example. That's the type of clutch impact you want from your best defenders.

Houston needs to trade Watt while they can.
    dumbest ever

My Team
    Houston Texans
    Post Count
    Von Piller, as roided-up as he is, is a champion and Super Bowl MVP who has shown up in the playoffs - unlike Watt.
    credit the broncs secondary

Post Count
    Von was the best player on the field in both the AFC le game and the Super Bowl. When has Watt ever done that? Last time Houston even made it past Round 1, Watt was invisible and his defense gave up 41 points.

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    You know I'm right. #1 Defense in the league sans Watt.

He had a couple of cute TDs and whatnot last year but they didn't have an impact outside of entertainment value, tbh..

My Team
    Houston Texans
    Post Count
    Von was the best player on the field in both the AFC le game and the Super Bowl. When has Watt ever done that? Last time Houston even made it past Round 1, Watt was invisible and his defense gave up 41 points.
    I didn't know von miller played defensive back, running back, kicker, etc...

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    You can have six Deon Sanders in the secondary and it wouldn't matter if you give a competent NFL QB all day to throw.

Why do you think pass rushers command the highest salaries next to QBs?

My Team
    Houston Texans
    Post Count
    You know I'm right. #1 Defense in the league sans Watt.

He had a couple of cute TDs and whatnot last year but they didn't have an impact outside of entertainment value, tbh..
    Last year that defense was hit by major injuries on defense, more so than this year. Watt was getting triple teamed regularly and no one outside of Mercilus (when playing) provided any pressure. I'm not claiming Watt as the greatest defensive player but to say he is overrated is ignorant.

Post Count
    I didn't know von miller played defensive back, running back, kicker, etc...
    Can't blame the defensive backs, running backs, kicker, etc. for Watt's balls shriveling up against New England. Only one solo tackle all game, no sacks, totally schemed out of the game. Sad!

My Team
    Houston Texans
    Post Count
    Can't blame the defensive backs, running backs, kicker, etc. for Watt's balls shriveling up against New England. Only one solo tackle all game, no TFLs, no sacks, totally schemed out of the game. Sad!
    That's what NE does...takes your best player out of the game. Can't tackle if they're going away from you..

Post Count
    That's what NE does...takes your best player out of the game. Can't tackle if they're going away from you..
    Von had 4 solo tackles, 2.5 sacks and an interception against New England in the playoffs last year. Watt shriveled up against them. It is what it is.

My Team
    Houston Texans
    Post Count
    Can't blame the defensive backs, running backs, kicker, etc. for Watt's balls shriveling up against New England. Only one solo tackle all game, no TFLs, no sacks, totally schemed out of the game. Sad!
    You are really going to blame Watt for playing when he was rushed back to play? Funny, because the offense scored zero points on NE as well.

Watt makes Osweiller's contract look like great value, tbh

Also, is it a coincidence that Watt desperately rushed back to play, this season, when he shouldn't have even been allowed to step on the field? no, my man was frightened for the world to see how the Texans wouldn't miss him, at all..

My Team
    Houston Texans
    Post Count
    Von had 4 solo tackles, 2.5 sacks and an interception against New England in the playoffs last year. Watt shriveled up against them. It is what it is.
    Von is a LB. Watt is a lineman. If the gameplan is to runaway from a LB or a lineman, which one is easier?

My Team
    Houston Texans
    Post Count
    If you're referencing Watt's performance from earlier this year, he was playing injured. Can't fault a guy for going out there and trying when he's not playing full speed.

My Team
    Houston Texans
    Post Count
    Watt makes Osweiller's contract look like great value, tbh
    Did Watt plow the dump you were spat out of? If it wasn't Watt it was probably Bird

Congrats to Texans fans for having Clowney and Mercilus, though..monsters,tbh..

Thread Information