Page 670 of 745 FirstFirst ... 170570620660666667668669670671672673674680720 ... LastLast
Results 16,726 to 16,750 of 18607
    Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That sounds like the offers are better than the narrative the press has been pushing.
    Yup. And from SA point of view, why wouldn’t you just wait until USA camp or even training camp so that teams can have some of their questions about health answered?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The question is if the Spurs try to force him to play. He has to play and play well. If he chooses not to show up or fake an injury to sit the year, he won’t get a max offer from anyone after being away from the game for 2 seasons.
    I don’t know...I bet there are teams that would take that chance. LAL would.

Had this thought: if Pop et al were calling out Kawhi in the media, maybe it’s bc they can’t get a conversation with him personally. Maybe all those conversations that Kawhi said were on going were only with Dennis? It would explain some of the things Pop said. He may have been forced to talk to Kawhi through the media bc he didn’t know if Dennis was even relaying what the Spurs were saying in those conversations.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If Hart + Lakers first or Covington + Saric + Miami Pick is considered "aggressively", then....GTFO tbh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Seems a lot of this was about getting a better shoe deal, which they have totally destroyed. To sell shoes you have to be a salesman. He just wants to sign the contract and get 20 mil a year. If anything, his antics will lower his value in merchandising. He really needs a good PR manager badly.

Isn't this what uncle Dennis's wife does?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don’t buy for a second that the Spurs had a trade lined up with Toronto, but the Raps suddenly pulled out last minute because of health concerns. They would have had the same exact health concerns the entire time. As if they just forgot that he was injured? Or suddenly it mattered?
    Yeah that story doesn't make sense. Nothing new has happened to give Toronto any concerns they didn't already know about and any trade is going to require a physical.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Quote from Chris Sheridan@sheridanhoops:

I have more intel on what @kawhileonard was doing in NY last winter than I am willing to publicly disclose.
    But you will publicly disclose -- the sooner the better . . .

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Quote from Chris Sheridan@sheridanhoops:

But you will publicly disclose -- the sooner the better . . .
    Why not say it, you ?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Why not say it, you ?
    Because he has nothing.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I thought fat antonio fans were saying he'd be losing 80 million? Doesn't seem like it if he plays it right. Tbh

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This is a somewhat helpful chart, but it's based on the assumption that Kawhi could earn multiple max contracts for the next six years. I don't think that's a given at all. Long-term contracts exist for a reason

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Because he has nothing.
    Exactly

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This is a somewhat helpful chart, but it's based on the assumption that Kawhi could earn multiple max contracts for the next six years. I don't think that's a given at all. Long-term contracts exist for a reason
    If he leaves where ever he is traded to, then the max contract he can sign for next offseason is for 4 years. The chart does not include key factors like that. Re-signing with the Spurs clearly allows Kawhi to earn the most money as well as stability since he could technically sign the supermax as early as tomorrow. Given Kawhi’s injury history I doubt he does the 1+1 method like KD and LeBron have regularly done. As convinced as everyone is that he’ll be traded i would be surprised if Kawhi turned down the supermax if the Spurs offered it. At this point I doubt the Spurs offer that unless they have some assurances from Kawhi and his group.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's dumb and intentionally misleading. Part of the big deal with the supermax is the fifth year and how reluctant teams are to give it. With his health issues, there's no reason to assume he'd be a max player after a 4 year free agent deal when he's 32.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

A best case scenario index given the possibilities. He stands to lose a LOT of money by following uncle Dennis' advice.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    I don’t buy anything Sheridan says, but figured I’d post it

I mentioned Knicks as a partner last week. One injured franchise guy for an injured potential franchise guy. But Spurs ask for Knox too who looks promising. Porzy probably doesn't give you much this year but Knox has Ingram like upside and is more of a playmaker than even Jaylen Brown was as a young guy.
    That would be better than letting him walk for NADA which I still don't get...

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Nah man, it's to the point where you just tell him to report to camp. I'm pissed this got killed the Toronto trade with his press release crap. It's time to just suspend him for the season if he shows and if he doesn't force him into retirement for the year.
    They can do better than suspend him after camp if he wants to play Team USA to start growing his brand I think ...

Don't players have to get medically cleared and given releases by their team to play? I say they should make him turn up to see the Spurs doctors to get clearance. Then he can miss team USA and fall behind everyone else lining up for money.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He was busy meeting with other teams' execs (aka tampering). Same as when he met with Magic in LA when he attended that Dodgers game

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I mentioned Knicks as a partner last week. One injured franchise guy for an injured potential franchise guy. But Spurs ask for Knox too who looks promising. Porzy probably doesn't give you much this year but Knox has Ingram like upside and is more of a playmaker than even Jaylen Brown was as a young guy.
    That would be better than letting him walk for NADA which I still don't get...
    We wouldn't get Porzy. And if the Spurs asked for both Porzy and Knox they're beyond stupid. At this point the best they will get is a 3rd tier player (DeRozan or worse) and *maybe* a 2nd rounder.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I thought fat antonio fans were saying he'd be losing 80 million? Doesn't seem like it if he plays it right. Tbh
    We are the only team that can offer him the super-max guaranteed. This chart is all speculation and best case scenarios. Assuming he'll be offered almost 50 million six years from now is way different than guaranteed.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He was busy meeting with other teams' execs (aka tampering). Same as when he met with Magic in LA when he attended that Dodgers game
    If Sheridan has evidence of tampering - and I don't doubt there was tampering here - he needs to spill.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Is a guy with questionable health and questionable representation really going to
    sign a series of 1+1 deals? The figures we ran were based on signing for max guaranteed money and years.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If he leaves where ever he is traded to, then the max contract he can sign for next offseason is for 4 years. The chart does not include key factors like that. Re-signing with the Spurs clearly allows Kawhi to earn the most money as well as stability since he could technically sign the supermax as early as tomorrow. Given Kawhi’s injury history I doubt he does the 1+1 method like KD and LeBron have regularly done. As convinced as everyone is that he’ll be traded i would be surprised if Kawhi turned down the supermax if the Spurs offered it. At this point I doubt the Spurs offer that unless they have some assurances from Kawhi and his group.
    The Spurs should consider a SuperMax as long as it does not include a "no trade" clause.

If the Spurs give him a no trade, they might as well disband.

Thread Information