Page 26 of 32 FirstFirst ... 16222324252627282930 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Seems apparent the Spurs were working on that. What exactly should he have done differently?
    I mean the minimum would have been make it lottery protected instead of Top 20, or 2.5mil instead of the entire bill....

I don't care about the money but damn......complete fleecing by the Raptors.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Zach Lowe
    ZachLowe_NBA
    3m
    League's trade memo on Kawhi has been sent to teams. Includes one final tidbit: the Spurs are sending Toronto $5M in cash (almost the maximum they can send for the year) as part of the deal. Meant to cover tax hit linked to Kawhi's trade kicker, but still...

Christ it keeps getting worse...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    RC couldn't shed any of the garbage contracts, didn't really get a prospect back in return (Jakob is a role player), couldn't get an unprotected pick, traded away a nice trading chip in Danny's contract...

And still had to foot the bill.....

Philly stills needs a GM tbh

Kori's nightmare SpurOutofTownFan's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Uncle Dennis took a in tyFO's mouth
    I know you are a Kawhi mental but you are completely off. This trade has all the signs that the SpursFO actually ed Kawhi and Lakers both, not the other way around.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I mean the minimum would have been make it lottery protected instead of Top 20, or 2.5mil instead of the entire bill....

Either that or its a good thing to pay someone to take Kawhi and his group.

Kori's nightmare SpurOutofTownFan's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The losers after this trade are Boston and Philly after seeing what Toronto had to give up...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

2+2 says they said no. This was literally the best available deal thanks to Uncle Dumb and Nephew Klitoris or whatever. On to basketball.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They really need to make another move for another good-ish player to make this trade even somewhat digestible.

If this is it, then holy crap what a horrible trade. Might have been better than what was out there (if you're looking to stay "compe ive") but it sure as isn't better than just keeping Leonard and letting him walk next season for nothing tbh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They really need to make another move for another good-ish player to make this trade even somewhat digestible.

If this is it, then holy crap what a horrible trade. Might have been better than what was out there (if you're looking to stay "compe ive") but it sure as isn't better than just keeping Leonard and letting him walk next season for nothing tbh.
    Ya it is. They can move DeRozan if they want and basically get something vs just letting Kawhi walk. There is upside here even if TOR got over on SA

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Who wasn't going to 'get over' on the Spurs in this scenario?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs got an actual top 20 player back for Leonard, when the best player who had been offered by any other team was who? Dario Saric?

Get out of denial. It is what it is.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Who wasn't going to 'get over' on the Spurs in this scenario?
    True. It turns out Masai was the only GM who was ever serious about getting Nephew. Every other team was scared off.

Masai was ballsy enough to take a good gamble on his end. The Spurs got a very good player, a young prospect and a low pick.

Sucks but them the cards that were dealt.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

I believe PATFO values DeRozan more than fans do. People bring up the Clippers and how they were offering Harris and picks 12 and 13, however, Harris is an UFA next offseason and may command more than DeRozan’s contract at that point. Picks 12 and 13 are not sure fire players either. Poeltl is solid and will benefit learning from Pau. It’s clear garbage was being offered and Toronto probably said, “Hey, this offer is only good for 24 hours.”

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs got an actual top 20 player back for Leonard, when the best player who had been offered by any other team was who? Dario Saric?

+1

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    True. It turns out Masai was the only GM who was ever serious about getting Nephew. Every other team was scared off.

Masai was ballsy enough to take a good gamble on his end. The Spurs got a very good player, a young prospect and a low pick.

There has to be more to the story, from both sides. The immediate rush to a trade demand, the extended rehab period and shenanigans, and then the Spurs actually biting the bullet and pulling the trigger. The conflict always can be traced back to the injury. It seems rather telling that the Sixers didn't up the ante - even a 1 year rental would put them in position to solidify an ECF berth and Finals run. They had to have good intel on Leonard including on the medical side (HIPAA regardless). I guess we'll find out in time.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count

If he really is top 20 he should have no problem making the Western Conference all star team, no?

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Yall PAID to get rid of him?

And got NO lotto picks in return? DeFrozen better average 35/8/8 to justify that buffoonery! Spurs PATF

David Beat Me Up :(
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I know a lot of fans argued to keep him and just let him walk next season but that really wasn’t feasible. You could tell all the drama was wearing on the players and coaches. It would have been a season long distraction and really wouldn’t have been fair to the team. I was fed up with the drama and leaks just since the season ended. Imagine another full season of it.

As for suspending him, sitting him out or him getting another “injury” with the spurs next season, if you were ownership would you want to pay another $20 million for another year for a malcontent player who isn’t going to give you anything in return?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Peeps forget the Spurs saved $80+ million long term, tbh.... when you look at it like that, $5m is chump change

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Don't confuse three years ago Danny with current Danny. His defense took a step back, as did his 3 point shooting.
    He was still much above league average in defense. I dare say he deserved all defense second team consideration.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

DeRozan's not a Top 20 player though, tbh. He's somewhere between 25-30.

But yea, we were getting ed in this deal either way.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If he really is top 20 he should have no problem making the Western Conference all star team, no?
    Well the top 20 kinda all play in the West.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

ditto
    Top 20 player spurs wanted

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    DeRozan's not a Top 20 player though, tbh. He's somewhere between 25-30.

But yea, we were getting ed in this deal either way.
    He finished 8 in mvp voting

Thread Information