Page 16 of 18 FirstFirst ... 612131415161718 LastLast
    Alleged Michigander ChumpDumper's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The President of the United States just gassed a peaceful protest so he could walk across the street they were on to have his picture taken and his supporters are completely fine with it.

He's going to be reelected.

Veteran
    My Team
    Denver Nuggets
    Post Count
    If it makes any difference, consider how much more annoying liberal media is during a Republican presidency vs. a Democrat Presidency.
    Lol....good point!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    could also just not tune into liberal commentators, or whatever news channel you didnt like to begin with

Still Hates Small Ball Spurminator's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If he actually means liberal media like say Kyle Kulinski, I imagine he'll hear a ton of anger against a President Biden.
    For sure, same with Glenn Greenwald. I don't think those are the types he's talking about though.

In all likelihood, I'd find most liberal pundits as annoying as conservatives do, I just choose to avoid them. Same with the iden y-obsessed types who are constantly debating gender pronouns.

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The President of the United States just gassed a peaceful protest so he could walk across the street they were on to have his picture taken and his supporters are completely fine with it.

I would have thought so until early March, but you think it's a foregone conclusion in a nation with 108k dead from a virus Trump ignored and a ~25% unemployment rate? Do you believe this was actually a strong economy prior to mid March when wages have been nearly flat for decades but necessities like housing, healthcare, and education have had costs spiraling out of control? I think it looks way more like a house of cards getting toppled by a system shock than just a system shock just putting a pause on the economy. The fact that middle class people with "good government jobs" were in food lines when Trump shut the government down for a month tells me this was never a strong economy, at least for the people.

Veteran
    My Team
    Denver Nuggets
    Post Count
    Feel like I should also clarify, I don’t trust any of our “leaders” in general and feel that most only have their interest in mind.

My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count
    I’m not sure how to put this other than saying, your posts and opinions aren’t wasted on me. When delivered in a normal tone (like yours above) and not some arrogant, slanted view the way the far left or far right do, I’m absolutely down for listening and considering the point.

I will also say that my political leanings are somewhat based on anecdotal information. For instance, I graduated college right after 9/11, found a job, eventually found a career, everything was pointed in a positive direction. When Obama was in office, Obamacare was passed and for the very first time in my life, money was suddenly taken from me in the ways of premium increases. I know that Republicans had a large hand in that occurring but the fact is, it was because Obama pushed that particular agenda. Prior to that, my disdain towards liberals was mostly in thanks to being annoyed by college professors, reading the internet and watching the news. Suddenly I was upset and it felt like tangible frustration. I was trying to get ahead and someone made it harder.

None of this is to say I’m not willing to listen....just explaining why I think the way I do. Also my dad was very successful and is ultra conservative so I grew up with it. Not saying I’m right, just saying why.
    Obamacare was an imperfect sandwich, no question about it. My only defense is that Obama/Pelosi got a plan with a public option through the house that wouldn’t have been the source of corporate welfare for insurance companies that Obamacare ended up being, but once it got to the senate McConnell and Hairy Reid chopped it up and turned it into Bob Dole’s private healthcare plan which is ultimately what Obamacare became.

More recently there was a proposal in congress that people laid off due ton COVID could temporarily go in Medicare but people from both parties were against it and instead suggested the government pay COBRA premiums for people unemployed due to COVID. The Medicare option would have been much better and cheaper, the only beneficiaries of the COBRA subsidy are health insurance companies , there’s basically bipartisan corruption on healthcare in this country.

My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count

You’d like to think at least a few of the cops throwing tear gas at peaceful protestors yesterday was saying to himself “What the are we doing out here” but yeah 40% of this country doesn’t seem to give a that it happened.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    could also just not tune into liberal commentators, or whatever news channel you didnt like to begin with
    OK thanks! Didn't know.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Obamacare was an imperfect sandwich, no question about it. My only defense is that Obama/Pelosi got a plan with a public option through the house that wouldn’t have been the source of corporate welfare for insurance companies that Obamacare ended up being, but once it got to the senate McConnell and Hairy Reid chopped it up and turned it into Bob Dole’s private healthcare plan which is ultimately what Obamacare became.

More recently there was a proposal in congress that people laid off due ton COVID could temporarily go in Medicare but people from both parties were against it and instead suggested the government pay COBRA premiums for people unemployed due to COVID. The Medicare option would have been much better and cheaper, the only beneficiaries of the COBRA subsidy are health insurance companies , there’s basically bipartisan corruption on healthcare in this country.
    Due to bipartisan stock ownership in those companies.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I would have thought so until early March, but you think it's a foregone conclusion in a nation with 108k dead from a virus Trump ignored and a ~25% unemployment rate? Do you believe this was actually a strong economy prior to mid March when wages have been nearly flat for decades but necessities like housing, healthcare, and education have had costs spiraling out of control? I think it looks way more like a house of cards getting toppled by a system shock than just a system shock just putting a pause on the economy. The fact that middle class people with "good government jobs" were in food lines when Trump shut the government down for a month tells me this was never a strong economy, at least for the people.
    I hope you're right. The evidence to the contrary is on this board. Look at all the backflips Trump supporters are doing to make themselves believe voting for Trump again is a good idea. All your arguments are well taken and logical. These guys are simply nurturing their emotions that will lead them to voting for Trump. It's harder work than any campaign worker could accomplish.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You’d like to think at least a few of the cops throwing tear gas at peaceful protestors yesterday was saying to himself “What the are we doing out here” but yeah 40% of this country doesn’t seem to give a that it happened.
    It's completely insane but his supporters are just shrugging it off and activating their whatabout machines.

My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count
    A lot of the companies with PPP loans are going to have their moratorium on layoffs lifted this month, it’ll be interesting to see what happens to Trump’s approval rating then. If the unemployment rate gets up to 30% (and it very well might) I don’t think he’ll get re-elected.

Its going to get a lot uglier between now and November. Landlords will start evicting residents en mass once the courts open back up and mortgage holders will start foreclosure proceedings. At some point the rabid Trump supporters who get put out on their ass due to the COVID pandemic won’t like him anymore.

My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count
    Due to bipartisan stock ownership in those companies.
    More like bipartisan lobbying and campaign financing from those companies.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    More like bipartisan lobbying and campaign financing from those companies.
    Both. Money is money.

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's completely insane but his supporters are just shrugging it off and activating their whatabout machines.
    He could literally shoot someone in Times Square and not lose his 30%. Not sure why you found that so surprising.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Biden is already out-Presidenting PVL so-called President Trash

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I hope you're right. The evidence to the contrary is on this board. Look at all the backflips Trump supporters are doing to make themselves believe voting for Trump again is a good idea. All your arguments are well taken and logical. These guys are simply nurturing their emotions that will lead them to voting for Trump. It's harder work than any campaign worker could accomplish.
    trump has hobbit swords he's got your vote

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He could literally shoot someone in Times Square and not lose his 30%. Not sure why you found that so surprising.
    Talking about his supporters here. Not a peep from them about it -- even the ones "considering other choices."

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Talking about his supporters here. Not a peep from them about it -- even the ones "considering other choices."
    There's only one candidate with hobbit swords

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Because it's not your business. Why can't you wrap your head around that?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Because it's not your business. Why can't you wrap your head around that?
    You express your opinion on all manner of issues and people here. You said you supported Trump and thought he did a good job with the pandemic. Now you have selected a set of your opinions about or related to Trump that must never be discussed ever. You're free to say you just don't want to talk about it, that's fine and something I've come to expect from a lot of people here who get uncomfortable for whatever reason. johnsmith wasn't afraid to state why he's probably still going to vote for Trump while saying all the things he doesn't like about him. It wasn't difficult for him.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You express your opinion on all manner of issues and people here. You said you supported Trump and thought he did a good job with the pandemic. Now you have selected a set of your opinions about or related to Trump that must never be discussed ever. You're free to say you just don't want to talk about it, that's fine and something I've come to expect from a lot of people here who get uncomfortable for whatever reason. johnsmith wasn't afraid to state why he's probably still going to vote for Trump while saying all the things he doesn't like about him. It wasn't difficult for him.
    Lol wrong

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    More narrative commandeering and flat out lying from you. I said it's not your business, but you're certainly free to discuss it. Just don't expect to get anything back.

you're the Gladys Kravitz of the ST political forum.

Now Chumpbot.exe will call me Gladys Kravitz.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    More narrative commandeering and flat out lying from you. I said it's not your business, but you're certainly free to discuss it. Just don't expect to get anything back.
    I never expect anything but fence sitting and personal attacks from you when you're uncomfortable. It's OK that you're uncomfortable. It's actually a faintly positive sign.

Thread Information