Page 81 of 87 FirstFirst ... 3171777879808182838485 ... LastLast
Results 2,001 to 2,025 of 2166
    Spurs fan at Princeton Ginobili2Duncan's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Durant would have left, anyways..he would have never won a le without joining a team that was already established as historic, he couldn't handle the pressure of being a leader..

Some people just don't have it in them, there's no shame in that..
    KD probably would've beat the Warriors that next year had he stayed not sure he beats LeBron tho.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    KD probably would've beat the Warriors that next year had he stayed not sure he beats LeBron tho.
    He couldn't handle the pressure..people have already forgotten that Durant was the media's golden boy prior to joining the Warriors..Westbrook took all the heat for him whenever they lost..

The ONE time Durant was criticized by the media, the local outlet was forced to apologize and redact the article that's unheard of for an NBA player..

Spurs fan at Princeton Ginobili2Duncan's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He couldn't handle the pressure..people have already forgotten that Durant was the media's golden boy prior to joining the Warriors..Westbrook took all the heat for him whenever they lost..

The ONE time Durant was criticized by the media, the local outlet was forced to apologize and redact the article that's unheard of for an NBA player..
    That's why I didn't understand why he left. Playing with Russ was the best thing that could've happened to KD in that respect. If anything, he's under more pressure now to win with GS. And even if he wins multiple rings he'll never get the credit that a LeBron James will get as a player, despite what s like Stephen A Smith try to say.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That's why I didn't understand why he left. Playing with Russ was the best thing that could've happened to KD in that respect. If anything, he's under more pressure now to win with GS. And even if he wins multiple rings he'll never get the credit that a LeBron James will get as a player, despite what s like Stephen A Smith try to say.
    That's true, but playing for OKC meant he needed to put in max effort just to have a shot at a le, just like every other player in NBA history..

Playing for the Warriors meant a 100% guaranteed le, last season..they went 15-1 in the playoffs with very few compe ive games

Whatever, though, he's en led to win however he wants to, even if nobody outside of Westbrook haters respect him..

My Team
    Houston Rockets
    Post Count
    Actually leaving and winning a ring was the best thing for him. Westbrook would have never gotten it done.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That's better than Pop's record without Kawhi
    Fail, technically.

1-4 this postseason
    1-3 last postseason (he played in the GS game 1 loss)

So 2-7, of which it’s 1-7 against the world champ Warriors and 1-0 against Houston.

Westbrook went 3-8 against the Rockets (who the Spurs beat without Kawhi) and Jazz (yuck).

Board Man Comes Home Clipper Nation's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Clippers
    Post Count
    Actually leaving and winning a ring was the best thing for him. Westbrook would have never gotten it done.
    Yeah, it's been great for him - as evident from the burner accounts on social media, nonstop insecure comments, and him finally admitting that his cheap ring didn't fill the void in his career after all.

My Team
    Houston Rockets
    Post Count
    Yeah, it's been great for him - as evident from the burner accounts on social media, nonstop insecure comments, and him finally admitting that his cheap ring didn't fill the void in his career after all.
    And Westbrook left behind getting eliminated in the first round year after year.

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    And for two straight years post-Durant, Oklahoma City's offense disintegrated with Westbrook on the bench. George couldn't reverse that trend. It says a lot about Westbrook's greatness, and the Thunder's shaky bench. It also stems from the Thunder's style: When one person is the system, the whole thing collapses when that person rests.
    http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/2...ty-thunder-nba

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    IMHO, Westbrook could be a top 3-4 player in this league
    IF.... IF he wasn't so stupid, selfish, and hard headed. He just doesn't give a crap about anyone other than himself. SMH. What a waste of talent

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Excuses, excuses......

Of course their bench sucks when they lack a consistent scorer & Abrines/Grant are the first two off the bench. Has nothing to do with the lack of a quality back up PG.

IF.... IF he wasn't so stupid, selfish, and hard headed. He just doesn't give a crap about anyone other than himself. SMH. What a waste of talent
    He could be the best player in the NBA and greatest PG ever, but his flaws are always gonna get in his way (especially his stubborness/"hard headedness").

He's the "greatest" low IQ player of all - time, so at least he has that.....

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    Fail, technically.

1-4 this postseason
    Fail, Poop didn't coach in the Gm 4 win.

1-3 last postseason (he played in the GS game 1 loss)
    Poop couldn't hold onto a 20 point lead for one & half quarters #fail

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    In other words..."If he wasn't who he is, he'd be someone he's not."

It's a tautology.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Cul called dat a long time ago... Russ is first and foremost a loser..

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

It's a tautology.
    eh.

it's also appreciating his talent and ability. not everybody has the potential to be a top 3-4 player in the league. westbrook does. but he isn't

MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Is tautology the most incorrectly used word on ST? rjv

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    eh.

it's also appreciating his talent and ability. not everybody has the potential to be a top 3-4 player in the league. westbrook does. but he isn't
    Talent is realized potential. RW never truly realized his. He remained stuck in "young player on bad team" mode.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Cul called dat a long time ago... Russ is first and foremost a loser..
    Cubby was originally on the Westbrook is a winner train. As recent as like 2014 or so I believe. He recanted that and called him a loser later, but not originally

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

It's a tautology.
    my point was that he has the physical ability... at udes can change, so it just illustrates his poor decision making and it’s impact on his status...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    https://nba.nbcsports.com/2018/09/12...st-four-weeks/

Yet another surgery on that same (right) knee. OKC = ed. His 5-yr/$205M extension doesn't even kick in until next summer. His 30th birthday is right around the corner....

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Westbrook is ed when his explosiveness goes.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Westbrook is ed when his explosiveness goes.
    Yeah, his game isn't going to age well.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah, his game isn't going to age well.
    He's going to have a rapid decline much like Parker did after '14 once his explosiveness was gone.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He's going to have a rapid decline much like Parker did after '14 once his explosiveness was gone.
    Parker had a longer career than most at any position. The amount of miles on that guy was amazing. I think it was the summer of 2013 that really did him in. Coming off a top 5 MVP caliber season and then going on to win the Euros that same summer. He came into 2014 3 years older. Still was able to help us win it all in 2014 and have a great playoffs in 2015. Incredible career which saw him adjust his game by staying in incredible shape throughout his career.

Westbrook is way more reliant on his speed and athleticism but pound for pound he is top 10 of all time so, his athleticism could take a hit and he would still be productive too. If he could only just make better decisions.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Parker had a longer career than most at any position. The amount of miles on that guy was amazing. I think it was the summer of 2013 that really did him in. Coming off a top 5 MVP caliber season and then going on to win the Euros that same summer. He came into 2014 3 years older. Still was able to help us win it all in 2014 and have a great playoffs in 2015. Incredible career which saw him adjust his game by staying in incredible shape throughout his career.

Westbrook is way more reliant on his speed and athleticism but pound for pound he is top 10 of all time so, his athleticism could take a hit and he would still be productive too. If he could only just make better decisions.
    Westbrook will be pretty ty without the athleticism since he doesn't have a jump shot. He's finished once his athleticism is gone.

Thread Information