Page 251 of 376 FirstFirst ... 151201241247248249250251252253254255261301351 ... LastLast
Results 6,251 to 6,275 of 9385
    Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Cyberpunk is only worth it for free or when in a bin special for like 3 dollars.
    It looks alright on PC. I'd be pretty surprised if it ever got to being better than a 5/10 game on base last gen consoles though, CDPR really screwed the pooch the on them.

what uganda do about it? Joseph Kony's Avatar
    My Team
    Seattle Supersonics
    Post Count
    Curious, do you have a FreeSync or GSync monitor? Was kind of considering getting one since my cpu is a little weak for gaming right now (4C/8T Haswell chip, Xeon E3-1231v3 at 3.6 GHz) but was wondering if 40-50 fps on a FreeSync panels looks worth a . Because I know you weren't getting a steady 60 fps on Cypberpunk.
    Gsync monitor, though the main display i generally use for playing PC games is a 4k TV. Definitely was not getting a steady 60 fps, could hit it in areas on medium but not consistently. i was probably more in the 40-45 FPS range majority of the time. for the most part though.

i didnt experience too many bugs or crashes, except one that made me reload a quest checkpoint and of course the ty graphics cars/people that would take a few seconds to fully render. other than that it was pretty enjoyable. obviously not giving CDPR a pass because they ed up in a lot of aspects but I never expected this game to be on par with Witcher 3 so it wasnt a disappointment to me

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Gsync monitor, though the main display i generally use for playing PC games is a 4k TV. Definitely was not getting a steady 60 fps, could hit it in areas on medium but not consistently. i was probably more in the 40-45 FPS range majority of the time. for the most part though.

i didnt experience too many bugs or crashes, except one that made me reload a quest checkpoint and of course the ty graphics cars/people that would take a few seconds to fully render. other than that it was pretty enjoyable. obviously not giving CDPR a pass because they ed up in a lot of aspects but I never expected this game to be on par with Witcher 3 so it wasnt a disappointment to me
    What do you think of GSync when running 40 to 50 fps? I don't really want to pay for GSync since that requires a 144Hz panel and if you're chasing 144 fps these days you're going to be constantly upgrading not just gpu, but also cpu. But I'd like to get a 4k panel with FreeSync range in the 40-75 Hz range, or maybe 40-60 Hz range since I could play older games like Yakuza 0 at 4k and new games will still look good at 1080p since 4k is an integer scale of 1080p. Just wondering how much it smoothes out sub 60 fps gaming.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What do you think of GSync when running 40 to 50 fps? I don't really want to pay for GSync since that requires a 144Hz panel and if you're chasing 144 fps these days you're going to be constantly upgrading not just gpu, but also cpu. But I'd like to get a 4k panel with FreeSync range in the 40-75 Hz range, or maybe 40-60 Hz range since I could play older games like Yakuza 0 at 4k and new games will still look good at 1080p since 4k is an integer scale of 1080p. Just wondering how much it smoothes out sub 60 fps gaming.
    G-Sync definitely is not a magic fix for making sub 60 FPS gaming likable IMO. The second my frames are below 60 I can tell, even with my FPS counter off. It just really gets rid of all the hiccups and smoothens out the overall experience in your games. Eliminates microstutter and like that. I remember Linus Tech Tools making it seem like that ROG G-Sync Monitor that first came out was a magic fix for less than 60 FPS performance and it's definitely not.
    Last edited by DJR210; 01-05-2021 at 02:21 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    baseline bum

https://www.engadget.com/spotify-per...104349652.html

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    G-Sync definitely is not a magic fix for making sub 60 FPS gaming likable IMO. The second my frames are below 60 I can tell, even with my FPS counter off. It just really gets rid of all the hiccups and smoothens out the overall experience in your games. Eliminates microstutter and like that. I remember Linus Tech Tools making it seem like that ROG G-Sync Monitor that first came out was a magic fix for less than 60 FPS performance and it's definitely not.
    Crap. I don't want to pay for 144 Hz gaming, especially with got eth miners blowing prices up in the gpu market every two years.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    <b><a href="https://www.spurstalk.com/forums/member.php?u=131" target="_blank">baseline bum</a></b>

https://www.engadget.com/spotify-per...104349652.html

Since you're a Persona fan, tell if you can understand this English in the battle theme for Persona 1

A neverending cycle Trainwreck2100's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    just finished cyberpunk but it wasn't on a peasant console so the bugs were minimal, worth the $60

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    just finished cyberpunk but it wasn't on a peasant console so the bugs were minimal, worth the $60
    Think I'm going to save it for PS5 since I don't have the cpu for 60 fps. Seems like you need R5 3600 or better for that.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Since you're a Persona fan, tell if you can understand this English in the battle theme for Persona 1

They really haven't changed their music since P1?

Although P5 is more jazzy than this hardcore metal-ish type music. I prefer the former.

My Team
    Chicago Bulls
    Post Count

what uganda do about it? Joseph Kony's Avatar
    My Team
    Seattle Supersonics
    Post Count
    pretty much what DJR said tbh

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    pretty much what DJR said tbh
    Ugh, now that consoles are good again I think I have no use for the money pit that is PC gaming.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Gears 5, mainly to test out my Atmos set up.

Atmos isn't as big a step up going from stereo to 5.1, but it's still a trip hearing a waterfall above you and how the sounds kind of "float" around in space since Atmos is object based vs. channel based. At times, it seems a character is right next to me talking.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Just playing tekken 7 now. Trying to finish dishonored 2.

I would say tekken 7 is the most skill reliant video game of all time. The difference between tekken and smah brohters in terms of skill requirement is mental.

No wonder fighting games are so niche. Its way too hard and tekken takes it even a step further. You’re practiclly a noob after a year of playing and thousands of hours played because everyone has legacy experience and has played for 20 years.

Every damn player is 30-40 years old

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Gears 5, mainly to test out my Atmos set up.

Atmos isn't as big a step up going from stereo to 5.1, but it's still a trip hearing a waterfall above you and how the sounds kind of "float" around in space since Atmos is object based vs. channel based. At times, it seems a character is right next to me talking.
    Gears 5 was solid, I never really played the other les so had no basis of comparison but i enjoyed the combat and story was decent. there are a couple sandbox areas that are just dumb though. overall a decent third person shooter

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Just playing tekken 7 now. Trying to finish dishonored 2.

I would say tekken 7 is the most skill reliant video game of all time. The difference between tekken and smah brohters in terms of skill requirement is mental.

No wonder fighting games are so niche. Its way too hard and tekken takes it even a step further. You’re practiclly a noob after a year of playing and thousands of hours played because everyone has legacy experience and has played for 20 years.

Every damn player is 30-40 years old
    i used to play tekken in like PS1-PS2 days

im not that big into fighting games, but dont most serious players think Street Fighter > Tekken? mostly because in Tekken attacks just do too much damage. one combo string does like 45% damage.

my favorites back then were Tekken 3 and Tag
    Last edited by spurraider21; 01-08-2021 at 04:42 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    i used to play tekken in like PS1-PS2 days

im not that big into fighting games, but dont most serious players think Street Fighter > Tekken?
    I don't believe so. Tekken is serious business and the esport scene was booming last year. They have also have a bigger playerbase.

mostly because in Tekken attacks just do too much damage. one combo string does like 45% damage.
    It's an issue in lower-intermediate players for sure. High ranks tend to be Poking mostly.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Wonder if it loses anything playing it now, being pretty early gen. DJR210, Cry Havoc, and I were nuts over that game when it came out, but that was nearly 6 years ago I think. Graphics were really impressive for early 2015 though and I had just built a pretty nice gaming PC a few months before. I loved the sheer violence of it, chopping heads off and cutting down limbs in slow motion sequences with bad B-movie music playing. And then the most predictable plot ever that made it seem like a shout out to low budget gore movies.

I think if I listed my top 10 games of last generation I'd go

1. Bloodborne
    2. NieR Automata
    3. Persona 5 Royal
    4. Dying Light
    5. Super Mario Odyssey
    6. God of War
    7. Yakuza 0
    8. Red Dead Redemption 2
    9. Horizon Zero Dawn
    10. The Witcher 3

with apologies to Ghost of Tsushima and The Last of Us, Part II, which I'm waiting to play on PS5. Pretty ridiculous generation it was, especially to not even have a game as good as Zelda Breath of the Wild in it, which was a game I put at least 150 hours into.
    My top 10 of the last 10 years, off the top of my head:

1. Witcher 3

2. Rocket League

3. Borderlands 2

4. anfall 2

5. Dark Souls III

6. Elite Dangerous (VR)

7. Wolfenstein: The New Order

8. Dying Light

9. Subnautica

10. Bastion

Might be forgetting a couple of games in there.

Games I've rediscovered in the past few years:

Company of Heroes
    M&B Warband (seriously one of the best modding communities in gaming history)
    New Vegas -- Got about 1/3rd of the way into it last time and my save file corrupted, then I built a new rig and lost my saves the next time through, so I'm just now playing through it xD

Current games I'm really enjoying:
    Hades
    HL Alyx
    Thrill of the Fight
    Deep Rock Galactic
    Doom (2016)
    Cyberpunk 2077
    Apex
    Heroes of Hammerwatch
    COD Warzone
    Last edited by Cry Havoc; 01-09-2021 at 10:34 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    5. Dark Souls III
    Man I gotta play that. Have had it on PC for a few years but backlog is ing huge. Dude if you ever get a PS5, make sure to pick up Bloodborne and its DLC. Think Dark Souls but if you had to play it much more aggressively and fight in a phone booth. For instance, there are no shields in Bloodborne. There is no ranged combat, guns are only used for parrying. When you get hit you absolutely need to attack back since it leeches back some health. Also you can't do a tank build, armor is pretty much all cosmetic. Technically not impressive at all on graphics, but the setting is first rate and the art style is awesome. Plus it has two fights I'd consider way better than Ornstein & Smough in Dark Souls 1.

Do you have the DLC for New Vegas? Old World Blues is one of the best DLC I have ever played in a game, right up there with The Old Hunters in Bloodborne and Blood and Wine in Witcher 3. The Honest Hearts and Lonesome Road DLC are pretty high quality too. I absolutely hated the Dead Money DLC though, worst DLC I have ever played in a good game. Also if you like New Vegas you should give Fallout 1 & 2 a try, as Obsidian hired a lot of the people behind those original Fallout games before selling the license to Bethesda. They're on sale all the time for like $3 each and Fallout 2 is number 2 on my all time turn based RPG list, behind Shin Megami Tensei Nocturne (PS2 game with a remake coming to Switch and PC in a couple of months) but over other turn based games I have loved like Persona 5 Royal, Persona 4 Golden, Shin Megami Tensei IV, Digital Devil Saga Avatar Tuner 1, Final Fantasy IV and VI, Chrono Trigger, etc.

Also I remember you were hyped when it sounded like Persona 5 was coming to Switch. If so, gotta check out Persona 4 Golden on Steam. So great to finally have this amazing game off the Vita. Atlus is hinting we might see more of their catalog ported to PC after P4G sold insanely well, and they're hinting related to Persona's 25th anniversary this year.

I think if we were going top games of the last ten years so I could add 360/Vita/3DS gen I'd rank them

1. Bloodborne
    2. NieR Automata
    3. Skyrim
    4. Persona 5 Royal
    5. Persona 4 Golden
    6. Dying Light
    7. Super Mario Odyssey
    8. God of War
    9. Zelda: A Link Between Worlds
    10. Shin Megami Tensei IV

Can't wait for Shin Megami Tensei V this fall on Switch.
    Last edited by baseline bum; 01-09-2021 at 11:06 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    i dont see witcher 3 as game of a generation. will say though that not only is it massive, but unlike other massive games like AC Odyssey, the writing isn't diluted at all. monster contracts and side quests all had interesting stories to them.

i enjoyed AC Odyssey's combat more, but the side quests were like "there are some soldiers over there, can you please kill them"

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    i dont see witcher 3 as game of a generation. will say though that not only is it massive, but unlike other massive games like AC Odyssey, the writing isn't diluted at all. monster contracts and side quests all had interesting stories to them.

i enjoyed AC Odyssey's combat more, but the side quests were like "there are some soldiers over there, can you please kill them"
    Witcher 3 is wildly popular with PC gamers because it's one of the few games that made really good use of gpu effects that were too expensive computationally to use on last gen consoles, as the game was developed for PC gamers first and then cut down for consoles while usually games are designed with console limitations guiding them and then they get better textures and draw distances and other small things when ported to more powerful PCs. I think it's a really good game independent of the graphics, but for a lot of PC gamers that was the game that made building a higher end system worth it. For me Witcher 3 was a 9.5/10 game since I played it on a relatively high end PC for the time, but I imagine it would probably be an 8.5/10 if I played on PS4 with the graphics and framerate cut down. Especially since PS4 got a worse port than XBox One. But still, 8.5/10 is a really good game IMO. But yeah, not game of the generation for me, even though I played the best version of the game with minimal compromise. My game of the generation was Bloodborne on PoorStation 4 with all the horrific frame pacing. God if that would have ever gotten a 60 fps PC port or even a PS5 performance patch.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Witcher 3 is wildly popular with PC gamers because it's one of the few games that made really good use of gpu effects that were too expensive computationally to use on last gen consoles, as the game was developed for PC gamers first and then cut down for consoles while usually games are designed with console limitations guiding them and then they get better textures and draw distances and other small things when ported to more powerful PCs. I think it's a really good game independent of the graphics, but for a lot of PC gamers that was the game that made building a higher end system worth it. For me Witcher 3 was a 9.5/10 game since I played it on a relatively high end PC for the time, but I imagine it would probably be an 8.5/10 if I played on PS4 with the graphics and framerate cut down. Especially since PS4 got a worse port than XBox One. But still, 8.5/10 is a really good game IMO. But yeah, not game of the generation for me, even though I played the best version of the game with minimal compromise. My game of the generation was Bloodborne on PoorStation 4 with all the horrific frame pacing. God if that would have ever gotten a 60 fps PC port or even a PS5 performance patch.
    none of my beef with Witcher 3 was related to visuals tbh

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I had no beefs with the Witcher 3. Best game I've ever played tbh. I suppose if I played it 5 years post release some of the gameplay would be slightly dated but its still my favorite game of all time. And I played it on PS4 before PC

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    the missions in The Following are much better than the main campaign tbh (love the tension of clearing out volatile nests)... but i hate the layout and having to use the buggy. freerunning was much more enjoyable, and not a big fan of the way the buggy drives.
    finished this the other day. Dying Light was pretty fun. would recommend. DLC had good missions but i didnt love the buggy. ending disappointed narratively (in the DLC. i liked the base ending)

gonna play Guacamelee next (per bb's recommendation)... followed by one of Rise of the Tomb Raider or Bioshock 2. probably dark souls 2 after that.

backlog is still daunting after that ... dark souls 3, Yakuza 0, days gone, Nioh, metal gear solid V, skyrim, fallout 4, shadow of the tomb raider. and having a kid in 6 months. probably wont need to buy a ps5 until 2022 black friday at the earliest
    Last edited by spurraider21; 01-11-2021 at 05:28 PM.

Thread Information