Page 12 of 171 FirstFirst ... 289101112131415162262112 ... LastLast
    Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah I think if we can fall at 8 or 9 we will be able to draft any of the following players:
    1. Giddey
    2. Sengun
    3. Karl Franz Wagner *
    4. Moody

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Can Spurs draft a coach?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Can Spurs draft a coach?
    Lol maybe a GM with our second round pick.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We'll get the scraps at the 9th or 10th spot, hopefully Wagner.

Honestly don't want to speak like it's done. This team could win some and we end up with 11th or 12th.
    I'm good with the scraps if it turns out like I suggested because my personal top 10 looks like this:

1. Cade
    2. Kuminga
    3. Mobley
    4. Suggs
    5. Wagner
    6. Green
    7. Mitc
    8. Barnes
    9. Jalen Johnson
    10. Giddey

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    How is his D?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I hope he can shoot better (and more enthusiastically) than Simmons

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not a lockdown defender, gets weakside blocks, pokes the ball free sometimes so he's got good hands. Full games are on Twitch.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ...Pistons are curbstomping the Kings. It looks like it's going to take alot of luck to crack 9-10th slots, tbh. I thought the Kings would be better than this down the stretch of the season.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Honestly if it's really worth it I'd package White and our pick to move up in this draft
    Not sure that moves you up much. Not sure if White is just not healthy or what but he's not driving like he did last year when he earned his extension. And he's become a turnover machine. And to make it all the worse, his defense appears to have slipped a bit.

So I'm not sure how much you move up.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I would almost bet he is having foot issues again but he is just playing through the pain

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    My current semi-realistic options for the Spurs if we assume they'll pick somewhere between 10 and 14 :

-Jalen Johnson - personality red flags obviously but very talented and a position of need. Doesn't seem like the type of player the Spurs would pick but if they actually do, I'd be confident they've done their due diligence on his character.
    -Franz Wagner - many projectable skills and a seamless fit on the court, especially if he develops his 3 point shot further. Might not be an all star but very close to a sure thing.
    -Moses Moody - a good scorer, who has the physical presence and defense to be a contributor right away despite of being young. If he could improve his ball handling and finishing in traffic he could be fantastic. High floor.

Other players I like :

-Jaden Springer - a bit of Lowry in him, not sure all of his skills would translate and would likely need a couple of years before he could contribute but intriguing talent if you believe in his shot.
    -Ziaire Williams - just for the upside, currently looks terrible admittedly.
    -Alperen Sengun - a lot to like about his game, but it's difficult for me to project what would translate to the NBA and what wouldn't. Certainly very advanced for his age but if he ends up being a 2020s Kanter I wouldn't value that too much.
    -James Bouknight - probably a lock to be a good NBA scorer, but not sure he could add anything else and not exactly a clean fit on the current Spurs.
    -Josh Giddey - barely seen him except for highlights. His shot looks suspect to me but so did Lamelo's. Scouts will have their hands full comparing them and projecting Giddey's stock. I could definitely see a team falling in love and taking him in the 7-10 range.
    -Usman Garuba - his defense is legit and a sure thing. The main issue would be if he'd develop enough offensively to play the 4. If he's going to be an undersized center his value plummets.
    -Josh Christopher - has a lot of skills and I'm not sure he was in a great position to show them and develop in college. Seems one of these guys who are going to be better in the NBA than NCAA.

Players I've soured on : Greg Brown, Kai Jones - can't see either being a meaningful contributor in the next couple of years. G league bound.

Players I like for the second round :
    -Joel Ayayi - shades of Jrue, advanced, team first, probably going to end up in the 1st round though, or early second.
    -Bennedict Mathurin - young and already an efficient scorer. Sign me up.
    -Roko Prkacin - very young and has good experience already. Likely going early in the 2nd.
    -Jeremiah Robinson-Earl - not too exciting but dude just knows how to play. I wouldn't be surprised if some team takes him way earlier.
    -Isaiah Todd - liked what he showed in the g-league. A good project if you believe in his shot.
    -Oscar da Silva - again, he knows how to play basketball.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He's not going to get drafted, but I would love the Spurs to take a chance on him as an undrafted FA (for the G League).
    22y, 6'10'', 245 lbs forward, who brings a ton of energy. Fan favourite in Illinois. Could have started for the majority of college teams, but had to back up Kofi burn this season.

Last edited by ragas; 04-09-2021 at 07:12 AM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I would be stunned if the Spurs selected Jalen Johnson. The talent is definitely there, but when he left Duke, his family released a statement about it being a family/group decision, and I don’t see PATFO being down with more of that after Uncle Dennis. Sacto is going through it right now, with Bagley, also coincidentally from Duke, and his dad is all over Twitter demanding trades.

If I were a hiring manager, and was interviewing a candidate who had a parent come with them to the interview, I’d never hire that candidate. This is the NBA equivalent.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I would be stunned if the Spurs selected Jalen Johnson. The talent is definitely there, but when he left Duke, his family released a statement about it being a family/group decision, and I don’t see PATFO being down with more of that after Uncle Dennis. Sacto is going through it right now, with Bagley, also coincidentally from Duke, and his dad is all over Twitter demanding trades.

If I were a hiring manager, and was interviewing a candidate who had a parent come with them to the interview, I’d never hire that candidate. This is the NBA equivalent.
    The sad thing is, the Kings will probably target the same type of player the Spurs need and avoid these malcontents because of Bagley. All assuming they don't pass up the Spurs, which is looking more likely.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Thunder are signing two Euroleague players (Gabriel Deck and someone else) for multiple seasons. I wouldn't be surprised if they draft Alperen Sengun with their high lottery pick. They look like they're going all-international.
    Last edited by Dejounte; 04-09-2021 at 07:38 AM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Thunder are signing two Euroleague players (Gabriel Deck and someone else) for next season. I wouldn't be surprised if they draft Alperen Sengun with their high lottery pick. They look like they're going all-international.
    Don’t understand them at all. They have like 15 first round picks in the next 5 drafts. Each of those must be offered a guaranteed contract. They also have some good players now, like SGA. There are only 15 NBA roster spot per team. Is anyone else seeing a numbers crunch coming? Why on earth are they signing rando euros? Why on earth are they signing ANYONE?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Would not be shocked now if the Thunder go for Patty also:

SGA/ Maledon
    Vasili/ Mills
    Dort/ Deck/ Svi Mykhail
    Poku/ Bazley
    Sengun/ Moses Brown

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Don’t understand them at all. They have like 15 first round picks in the next 5 drafts. Each of those must be offered a guaranteed contract. They also have some good players now, like SGA. There are only 15 NBA roster spot per team. Is anyone else seeing a numbers crunch coming? Why on earth are they signing rando euros? Why on earth are they signing ANYONE?
    They probably will consolidate Dort + Roby + Bazley + picks into a big player. Not sure whom.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Would do whatever trade it takes to get Mobley. Think he’s going to be a really good player in the league for a while. He reminds of a defensive minded Chris Bosh. Bosh was probably a better outside shooter but Mobley is a better defender. But their frame, athletic ability, and coordination are comparable.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    you can extend your market by going international. Not sure how much more money they'd make by doing so.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    you can extend your market by going international. Not sure how much more money they'd make by doing so.
    There's also a greater chance they stay after their contract is up. Part of the reason I hope the Spurs go international also with FA/ draft. Either that or country boys like Keldon. Less Hollywood personalities, please.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    There's also a greater chance they stay after their contract is up. Part of the reason I hope the Spurs go international also with FA/ draft. Either that or country boys like Keldon. Less Hollywood personalities, please.
    Agreed. Having foreign stars is the best way to go for small markets. There is a much higher chance they will stay since they are just thankful to be in the US. It's one of the reasons I hope the next Spur superstar is a foreigner.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Agreed. Having foreign stars is the best way to go for small markets. There is a much higher chance they will stay since they are just thankful to be in the US. It's one of the reasons I hope the next Spur superstar is a foreigner.
    Foreigners in the draft:

Kuminga
    Sengun
    Franz
    Giddey
    Garuba
    Petrusev
    Hukporti
    da Silva

Small town/ Country boys:
    Cade
    Scottie Barnes
    Keon Johnson
    Moses Moody
    ... there's quite a bit, I'll leave it to others to add if they wish

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Dang DJ you always on point gotta love that.

Thread Information