Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast
    Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He's a superstar, he'll be the toast of any town, genius. And as much as hipster media slobber over them, things like national TV appearances, commercials, etc., are all easier to come by in a market like L.A. By the way, since he apparently wanted out over disagreement of diagnosis/treatment, why was it L.A. or the highway?

James has never played on a complete team and like most, has wanted general needs filled. This puke cherry picked the guy coming off a 3rd place MVP finish and said him or the highway and the team was good beforehand.

Nah, I'm pissed that he sent this franchise back years with his antics, Harlem. And I don't care about Pop's fake made for TV moment. That's what he does when he's embarrassed. The truth is, this organization hasn't gotten over it.
    Very obvious Kawhit storm is a Harlem alt.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Kawhitstorm trying to convince us (and himself) that gwhi leaving San Antonio and Toronto wasn't all about uncle wanting to go to LA to try and sell his unsellabale dumbass nephew.

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    He's a superstar, he'll be the toast of any town, genius. And as much as hipster media slobber over them, things like national TV appearances, commercials, etc., are all easier to come by in a market like L.A. By the way, since he apparently wanted out over disagreement of diagnosis/treatment, why was it L.A. or the highway?
    How is hard to understand that ONCE the disagreement with the team reached a point of no return that he requested to go back to HIS HOMETOWN as opposed to some random city he has no connection with whatsoever. If it was like the Carmelo situation then he would have signed with the Knicks instead of being a second class citizen with the Clippers. If anything, he should be commended for turning down the Lakers.

James has never played on a complete team and like most, has wanted general needs filled. This puke cherry picked the guy coming off a 3rd place MVP finish and said him or the highway and the team was good beforehand.
    It’s hilarious to me that folks consider the Clippers a “complete team” when they don’t have a legit point guard or center. Paul George finished 3rd in MVP but he’s barley a top 10 player on his best days & Clippers gave up Gallo/SGA who were key pieces to last years squad along with Tobias. Besides, Harrell/Lou are flawed players who can easily get exploited in the postseason. They would need someone like prime Horford to even be compared to the Heatles b/c Morris ain’t seeing Bosh. (Playoff P also can’t hold a candle to ‘10-‘12 Wade)
    Last edited by Kawhitstorm; 09-09-2020 at 10:25 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    How is hard to understand that ONCE the disagreement with the team reached a point of no return that he requested to go back to HIS HOMETOWN as opposed to some random city he has no connection with whatsoever. If it was like the Carmelo situation then he would have signed with the Knicks instead of being a second class citizen with the Clippers. If anything, he should be commended for turning down the Lakers.

It’s hilarious to me that folks consider the Clippers a “complete team” when they don’t have a legit point guard or center. Paul George finished 3rd in MVP but he’s barley a top 10 player on his best days & Clippers gave up Gallo/SGA who were key pieces to last years squad along with Tobias. Besides, Harrell/Lou are flawed players who can easily get exploited in the postseason. They would need someone like prime Horford to even be compared to the Heatles b/c Morris ain’t seeing Bosh. (Playoff P also can’t hold a candle to ‘10-‘12 Wade)
    And after spending a full year on Toronto with a franchise that did everything on their power to accomodate to his every demand and allowed him to ring, he didn't find it in him to stay? Stop trying to defend uncle's greedy ass son.

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    And after spending a full year on Toronto with a franchise that did everything on their power to accomodate to his every demand and allowed him to ring, he didn't find it in him to stay? Stop trying to defend uncle's greedy ass son.
    You mean the same franchise that dumped a loyal servant the minute they got an offer?

Kawhi popped an entire nation's cherry at the cost of DeFrozen's contract, what more was left for him to do? Lead Team Canada to a Gold medal? (Probably would have had a better shot than Missy)

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You mean the same franchise that dumped a loyal servant the minute they got an offer?

Kawhi popped an entire nation's cherry at the cost of DeFrozen's contract, what more was left for him to do? Lead Team Canada to a Gold medal? (Probably would have had a better shot than Missy)
    Damn son, that's some major semen shielding you doing here. There's an excuse for everything.

Choose your battles son. Kawhi is the best player in the World. He's primed to win his third finals MVP with a 3rd different team. There's a bunch of stuff you could be talking about. Trying to justify uncle's greedy backstabing ass is not one of them, tbh.

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    Damn son, that's some major semen shielding you doing here. There's an excuse for everything.

Choose your battles son. Kawhi is the best player in the World. He's primed to win his third finals MVP with a 3rd different team. There's a bunch of stuff you could be talking about. Trying to justify uncle's greedy backstabing ass is not one of them, tbh.
    I truly don't understand folks frowning about FREE AGENT Kawhi choosing to play in his hometown AFTER delivering a championship for a team that wasn't even built around him in the first place unlike LeBrat & the Heatles/Cavs. Literally, the cost of acquiring Kawhi was dumping DeFrozen's contract which by itself was a win for Masai. (Mavs didn't even offer Chandler a contract after he delivered a chip in a similar situation but free agent players supposedly "owe" their team)

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I truly don't understand folks frowning about FREE AGENT Kawhi choosing to play in his hometown AFTER delivering a championship for a team that wasn't even built around him in the first place unlike LeBrat & the Heatles/Cavs. Literally, the cost of acquiring Kawhi was dumping DeFrozen's contract which by itself was a win for Masai. (Mavs didn't even offer Chandler a contract after he delivered a chip in a similar situation but free agent players supposedly "owe" their team)
    You can bet your ass Kawhi wouldn't have felt homesick if his home town was Charlotte, tbh.

" trade me to the Hornets and only the Hornets. I wanna be Home "

Yeah, right.

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    You can bet your ass Kawhi wouldn't have felt homesick if his home town was Charlotte, tbh.

" trade me to the Hornets and only the Hornets. I wanna be Home "

Yeah, right.
    If he can have his cake & eat it too then why not?

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

You don't know that and people with proven connections have said he'd wanted to go back to L.A. for a while, before the disagreement. That was just the excuse that he could sell to the public because he couldn't sell winning or lack thereof, nor not being the face of the franchise, etc. Why would he have chosen the Lakers, where'd he'd have been buried in James' shadow and gotten no credit for them and Davis running roughshod over the league?

You don't need a "legit PG" when you have S bag, George and Williams to primarily handle the ball, you need 3 and D Beverley. Zubac/Harrell/Green (small ball) haven proven sufficient C's for this team/era. So their 2nd best player is "only" a top 10-15 player at his best? Yeah, you're right, I feel real sorry for him.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You don't know that and people with proven connections have said he'd wanted to go back to L.A. for a while, before the disagreement. That was just the excuse that he could sell to the public because he couldn't sell winning or lack thereof, nor not being the face of the franchise, etc. Why would he have chosen the Lakers, where'd he'd have been buried in James' shadow and gotten no credit for them and Davis running roughshod over the league?

You don't need a "legit PG" when you have S bag, George and Williams to primarily handle the ball, you need 3 and D Beverley. Zubac/Harrell/Green (small ball) haven proven sufficient C's for this team/era. So their 2nd best player is "only" a top 10-15 player at his best? Yeah, you're right, I feel real sorry for him.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    So their 2nd best player is "only" a top 10-15 player at his best? Yeah, you're right, I feel real sorry for him.
    So, the likes of Lemon Pepper Lou/Harrell/Shamet make up for the fact that LeBrat on the Heatles had TWO wingmen as good or better than Playoff P + an all-time postseason performer in Ray Allen + vets like Battier/Harlem/Miller?
    Last edited by Kawhitstorm; 09-13-2020 at 09:26 AM.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So, the likes of Lemon Pepper Lou/Harrell/Shamet make up for the fact that LeBrat on the Heatles had TWO wingmen as good or better than Playoff P + an all-time postseason performer in Ray Allen + vets like Battier/Harlem/Miller?
    The difference is, the Clippers pieces fit much better than the Heat's ever did (mainly James/Wade) and they have significantly better depth. The Heat also had no credible center back when that still mattered.

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    The difference is, the Clippers pieces fit much better than the Heat's ever did (mainly James/Wade) and they have significantly better depth. The Heat also had no credible center back when that still mattered.
    -Yeah, the Lou/Harrell being the defacto 3rd wheel & the backbone of the "depth" is optimal
    -Wade/LeBrat didn't perfectly "fit" b/c the Kang couldn't play off the ball

-They literally killed teams with Bosh playing center but somehow didn't have a "credible" center.........I guess he same was true for the Duds

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    -Yeah, the Lou/Harrell being the defacto 3rd wheel & the backbone of the "depth" is optimal
    -Wade/LeBrat didn't perfectly "fit" b/c the Kang couldn't play off the ball

-They literally killed teams with Bosh playing center but somehow didn't have a "credible" center.........I guess he same was true for the Duds
    No basic reading comprehension, just constant spin and deflection.

Nah, they didn't fit because Wade couldn't shoot 3s.

Offensively, but the most important job of a center will always be defensive anchor and Bosh was not that. He was a good p-n-r defender, but was poor in the post/defensive glass and mediocre protecting the rim.

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count

Offensive but the most important job of a center will always be defensive anchor and Bosh was not that. He was a good p-n-r defender, but was poor in the post/defensive glass and mediocre protecting the rim.

Bosh was the best PnR defender at the center position which more valuable than having a DPOY rim protector like Gobert who got played off the court in multiple series.

Besides, Wade was an elite cutter & midrange shooter which is why they were able to co-exist once LeBrat became for defacto point guard.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Bosh was the best PnR defender at the center position which more valuable than having a DPOY rim protector like Gobert who got played off the court in multiple series.

Besides, Wade was an elite cutter & midrange shooter which is why they were able to co-exist once LeBrat became for defacto point guard.
    Not back then it wasn't.

He was an elite cutter but the reason they co-existed was overwhelming talent/basketball IQ.

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    Not back then it wasn't.

He was an elite cutter but the reason they co-existed was overwhelming talent/basketball IQ.
    Yeah, the needed Diop to check Perkins/Noah on the block

Heat played switching/blitizing defense which was only made possible due to Bosh’s mobility.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah, the needed Diop to check Perkins/Noah on the block

Heat played switching/blitizing defense which was only made possible due to Bosh’s mobility.
    Nah, but they sure could have used someone like that in the back half of the '13 Finals, when 37 year old, one legged Duncan was destroying Bosh.

I realize that, but that was to leverage their athleticism and attempt to cover up the fact that they didn't have a rim protector by trying to keep the ball away from the rim as much as possible. If they had one, they wouldn't have had to resort to such a taxing style.

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    Nah, but they sure could have used someone like that in the back half of the '13 Finals, when 37 year old, one legged Duncan was destroying Bosh.

I realize that, but that was to leverage their athleticism and attempt to cover up the fact that they didn't have a rim protector by trying to keep the ball away from the rim as much as possible. If they had one, they wouldn't have had to resort to such a taxing style.
    Duh, they played blitzing defense to force turnovers & use their athleticism to feast in transition (Bulls did the same to great success). Tim had Dragic run circles around him in ‘10 & literally got benched for Splitter in ‘13 against the Duds b/c he couldn’t cover high PnRs. He also got benched in the infamous Gm 6 due to the same reason when none other than Bosh got the rebound.

Among versatile centers of that era, besides prime Wallace/KG/Dwight even Chandler/Noah used to get worked in the post by Hibbert/Nene. We all know what happened to DeAndre when he was being touted as Bill Russell in the same series Choke-P picked on Timmay for the biggest shot of his career.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Duh, they played blitzing defense to force turnovers & use their athleticism to feast in transition (Bulls did the same to great success). Tim had Dragic run circles around him in ‘10 & literally got benched for Splitter in ‘13 against the Duds b/c he couldn’t cover high PnRs. He also got benched in the infamous Gm 6 due to the same reason when none other than Bosh got the rebound.

Among versatile centers of that era, besides prime Wallace/KG/Dwight even Chandler/Noah used to get worked in the post by Hibbert/Nene. We all know what happened to DeAndre when he was being touted as Bill Russell in the same series Choke-P picked on Timmay for the biggest shot of his career.
    He was old, on one leg and none of that has to do with what we were discussing. More spin/deflection. Bottom line: Your boy, with his pristine roster, is wetting the bed and on the verge of a colossal collapse.

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    He was old, on one leg and none of that has to do with what we were discussing. More spin/deflection. Bottom line: Your boy, with his pristine roster, is wetting the bed and on the verge of a colossal collapse.
    So “pristine”, the 6MoY duo is boarderline unplayable (Can’t forget scout Landry “Ray Allen” Shamet)

Btw, I agree that the Heatles should have replaced Bosh with ‘94 Hakeem.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So “pristine”, the 6MoY duo is boarderline unplayable (Can’t forget scout Landry “Ray Allen” Shamet)

Btw, I agree that the Heatles should have replaced Bosh with ‘94 Hakeem.
    Say what you want about Jackson, but to put their depth in perspective, he'd be the third option on the Lakers . . . he's a fringe-non rotation player on the Clippers.

Yeah, that's exactly what I said.

Thread Information