Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Where's Dr.tholdren?

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    i would like the season to resume in august but i think it's gonna get cancelled...

>what happens if it resumes in august and then someone tests positive? then it'd get cancelled for sure after that.

maybe they start again in jan 2020, some weird hybrid season combining this season + the next. teams keep their standing, 40 games, and then the playoffs or something?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    i would like the season to resume in august but i think it's gonna get cancelled...

>what happens if it resumes in august and then someone tests positive? then it'd get cancelled for sure after that.

maybe they start again in jan 2020, some weird hybrid season combining this season + the next. teams keep their standing, 40 games, and then the playoffs or something?

Waaaay to soon to tell gambino

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think the barrier to completing the season is 30 June, the end of the league year. How can players be expected to play past the end of their contracts?

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The NBPA and NBA could just agree to extend when contracts would end. From my understanding the NBAPA could do this for all players. Most players may rather play the games then lose the money for being short games.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The NBPA and NBA could just agree to extend when contracts would end. From my understanding the NBAPA could do this for all players. Most players may rather play the games then lose the money for being short games.
    And then what? Resume the season in August or September? That has consequences for NEXT season. Why up two seasons, when you can just write off one?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    SpurPadre

its good you are getting better.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    There's no way this is over by June. It's taken China three months to get it under control and their government has had a much stronger and intelligent response (albeit draconian) than our federal government has as of yet.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    And then what? Resume the season in August or September? That has consequences for NEXT season. Why up two seasons, when you can just write off one?
    Yes there has been talk about moving the start of the season to December (maybe Christmas). this has even talked about as a permanent change. This would mean they would not need to compete with Football as much. The one Drawback they have on this is they are worried about the Championship/Playoffs being played during the Summer season as ratings drop. Some say the ratings would not be effected by moving to the the Summer.

My Team
    Chicago Bulls
    Post Count
    For the NBA if they can't start playing by June than it would be a good idea to cancel the season. If they start up again in June the NBA finals would likely be in September. If they play again this season shorten the next NBA season like they did in the NBA lockout year so preseason starts in middle of December, regular season January. So they either cancel this season or shorten the next season to salvage this one. If the NBA season is cancelled than no team made the playoffs and it's in the history books with an asterisk and cancelled over covid-19 pandemic. I do hope they find a way to salvage the season though, even if it means to play without fans in attendance.

@SpurPadre, get better!
    Last edited by Chillen; 03-28-2020 at 10:13 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Hope everyone is healthy. Wouldn't mind watching Game 5 2014 on NBATV. It's on at 3:00 so I'll be like Bill Mc staying up until dawn.

However I don't have that channel and past experiences with them it's been hard to cancel after you sign up.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Terrifying. I wonder if they can get ill again or just spread it.

______

Mystery In Wuhan: Recovered Coronavirus Patients Test Negative ... Then Positive

March 27, 20209:28 AM ET - EMILY FENG / AMY CHENG

A spate of mysterious second-time infections is calling into question the accuracy of COVID-19 diagnostic tools even as China prepares to lift quarantine measures to allow residents to leave the epicenter of its outbreak next month. It's also raising concerns of a possible second wave of cases.

From March 18-22, the Chinese city of Wuhan reported no new cases of the virus through domestic transmission — that is, infection passed on from one person to another. The achievement was seen as a turning point in efforts to contain the virus, which has infected more than 80,000 people in China. Wuhan was particularly hard-hit, with more than half of all confirmed cases in the country.

But some Wuhan residents who had tested positive earlier and then recovered from the disease are testing positive for the virus a second time. Based on data from several quarantine facilities in the city, which house patients for further observation after their discharge from hospitals, about 5%-10% of patients pronounced "recovered" have tested positive again.

Some of those who retested positive appear to be asymptomatic carriers — those who carry the virus and are possibly infectious but do not exhibit any of the illness's associated symptoms — suggesting that the outbreak in Wuhan is not close to being over.

http://www.npr.org/sections/goatsand...then-positive?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    More like China rushed everyone out so they could inflate their numbers and show a flatline. Don't believe a ing word out of that government.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Hey guys. Thanks for the well wishes! I'm doing better now but I've been under self quarantine while I'm waiting to get tested. My employers want me back at work soon and I'm a county worker considered "essential" so I will be tested a couple days before they want me back. Never mind that all my symptoms are gone (except for a sore throat) after having some bad symptoms for a few days straight. I likely had norovirus along with a bad cold at the same time according to my doctor but it would've been nice to remove all doubt before. Last Sunday, I had a particularly bad night with a high fever and chills and kept throwing up but had to bear it without medical attention. Fortunately, I've been healthy most of my life with no preexisting conditions so I've been able to fight off whatever I've had. Even though it's not believed I had or have COVID-19, I will still get tested for it since symptoms were similar and I'm slated to go back to work. I've been using paid sick leave but my employer won't let me continue using it if I test negative for COVID-19. Crazy times.
    I hope you come out negative, bro.

I work in healthcare, and I’ve been around a fair share of presumptive cases. I’ve worn the proper PPE since the beginning of March. Practiced good infection control. I’m starting to have symptoms now. Gonna get tested tmw.

Unfortunately my area seems not to be taken it seriously. An ER colleague of mine told me today there are 30+ cases at a local hospital, while the local news media is only reporting what the county has confirmed so far. It’s become a grim scene at the hospital. Multiple people intubated yesterday. The high risk population living in my area is about to take a hit, sadly.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    More like China rushed everyone out so they could inflate their numbers and show a flatline. Don't believe a ing word out of that government.
    Yeah, them.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

I work in healthcare, and I’ve been around a fair share of presumptive cases. I’ve worn the proper PPE since the beginning of March. Practiced good infection control. I’m starting to have symptoms now. Gonna get tested tmw.

Unfortunately my area seems not to be taken it seriously. An ER colleague of mine told me today there are 30+ cases at a local hospital, while the local news media is only reporting what the county has confirmed so far. It’s become a grim scene at the hospital. Multiple people intubated yesterday. The high risk population living in my area is about to take a hit, sadly.

Keep us updated te,and well wishes

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    New York City EMS received 6,406 medical 911 calls yesterday. It was the highest volume ever recorded in the city, surpassing the record that had been set on Sept. 11, 2001.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Assuming this guy isn't faking his results,

https://techstartups.com/2020/03/27/...ignificant-dr/

good news...

That's his second study showing that Hydroxychloroquine and Azithromycin works as a tail, the first with 25 patients, this one with 80 patients. I understand there's a trial going on in NYC as well. If that comes back positive we can all quit kissing our asses goodbye.

PS. An old quote "“God has a special providence for fools, drunkards, and the United States of America.” - Otto von Bismarck

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

good news...

That's his second study showing that Hydroxychloroquine and Azithromycin works as a tail, the first with 25 patients, this one with 80 patients. I understand there's a trial going on in NYC as well. If that comes back positive we can all quit kissing our asses goodbye.

PS. An old quote "“God has a special providence for fools, drunkards, and the United States of America.” - Otto von Bismarck

That damn dr. is touching his face!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Thanks. Hope you come out negative too.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

James Dolas is banned from Madison Square Garden.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

James Dolas is banned from Madison Square Garden.
    Gonna have to cancel my tickets to see JD & The Straight Shot now.

Alleged Michigander ChumpDumper's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

good news...

No control group unfortunately.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

No vale verga bro. People here are ing re ed, no joke. Where are you going to get tested? I heard UTRGV is doing drive through testing tmrw. And yeah, I'm 99% sure my father had/has the virus. He had all the signs and symptoms and tested negative for flu and almost every other test they could think of. He was in quarantine for about a week in the hospital and never got a test, it's ing ridiculous. He's just now starting to recover from a terrible cough. Stay safe out there man, hopefully you'll test negative.

Thread Information