Page 22 of 27 FirstFirst ... 12181920212223242526 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I guess I'll be rooting for you kid!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This means Primo can't be traded for 30 days. It's possible the Simmons stuff isn't resolved by then -- and SA doesn't have to make any roster moves until after camp. But had he remained unsigned, he had a better chance to being dealt.

Though maybe his salary is needed for matching.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't get why people feel the need to continue the schtick that Primo is 6'6".... he was literally measured a month and a half ago at the NBA combine and was 6'4" in bare feet and 6'5" in shoes. If he grows another inch or two, that would be great... but repeating info that we know is fabricated to bolster an argument is silly.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't get why people feel the need to continue the schtick that Primo is 6'6".... he was literally measured a month and a half ago at the NBA combine and was 6'4" in bare feet and 6'5" in shoes. If he grows another inch or two, that would be great... but repeating info that we know is fabricated to bolster an argument is silly.
    because it sounds cooler being 6'6 then 6'4

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    193 or 198 cm
    Sounds even more impressive

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    193 or 198 cm
    Sounds even more impressive

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I guess I'll be rooting for you kid!
    Interesting, he shoots right handed but signs his contract with left.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Noticed this too. Already smarter than Ben Simmons.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I read somewhere that he’s ambidextrous? He does everything with left hand but his dad taught him to shoot with his right

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

SPURS SIGN 2021 FIRST ROUND PICK JOSH PRIMO

SAN ANTONIO (August 11, 2021) – The San Antonio Spurs today announced that they have signed guard Josh Primo. Per team policy, terms of the contract were not announced.
    Have you ever seen a gm so high on. CREAM?

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Left-handed? Interesting, because he's shooting with his right.

Hopefully he's ambidextrous and it helps him with handles and finishing around the rim.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    if this guy becomes as good as he's projected, Murray's non shooting azz is gone..

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's not too bad, I see in other places where people are so confident that he will be 6'8" in a year or 2. When I asked them how many people they knew grew 2 inches after 18 years old no one answered me.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's not too bad, I see in other places where people are so confident that he will be 6'8" in a year or 2. When I asked them how many people they knew grew 2 inches after 18 years old no one answered me.
    Isn’t DJ 6’5, and was drafted at that height? He hasn’t grown. It is possible though. Iirc, Dorell Wright when he was with the Heat I think grew from 6’7 to 6’10. But definitely not a certainty.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    David Robinson. 7” after his sop re year in college. Frank Ntilikina was allegedly measured at 6’6” at a FIBA event in 2019 after being drafted at 6’4” when he was 19.

I would say the chances are much higher than average for Primo since his growth plates are still open.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Isn’t DJ 6’5, and was drafted at that height? He hasn’t grown. It is possible though. Iirc, Dorell Wright when he was with the Heat I think grew from 6’7 to 6’10. But definitely not a certainty.
    Josh already has good size as a guard. If he grew some, it would be a bonus. What I notice, besides what they indicated him having big hands, is the kid has big thighs . That only helps his center of gravity. I don’t doubt that he’s going to be another big body, who can backdown smaller defenders. It’s a stretch, but I always like MJ posting, and with his big hands, just waves the ball around like a grapefruit . If he comes close, I’d name my next kid Brian.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Nothing to do with anything but man, Brian Wright has some really hairy arms.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Damn he really is ambidextrous, writing with his left hand cool stuff.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So a lefty, with advanced dribbling ISO moves, prominent perimeter shooter with a great stroke from 3, not really athletic by NBA standards but has the ability to play at his own pace undisrupted, is also a crafty passer, and has good size and build for a shooting guard, and projects to be a score-first player.....

Hmm, I'm really struggling to find a comp for him, tbh. Hope the Spurs don't cheap out on his future contracts

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Durant, George and Giannis all also grew during their NBA careers. Another two inches, and he's a PF candidate.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    LeBron writes with his left and does everything with his left except shoot a basketball. Good sign for Primo

Buuuuuuuuuuuuuuuut ... Ben Simmons writes with his right and does everything with his right except he shoots with his left hand. Yeah, not as good of a sign, tbh

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    LeBron writes with his left and does everything with his left except shoot a basketball. Good sign for Primo

Buuuuuuuuuuuuuuuut ... Ben Simmons writes with his right and does everything with his right except he shoots with his left hand. Yeah, not as good of a sign, tbh
    Simmons isn't doing it the right way

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Simons doesnt shoot so not true

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Brian Wrights answers are very concerning:

i generally agree with the second half of that. a bad team should just stockpile the most talent it can, instead of worrying about plugging short term holes at the right positions.

but i think its really dumb to keep picking guys that you believe will be multi-year projects (Luka, Primo). and then to sandwich that with a guy who's ceiling is role player like Vassell

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    i generally agree with the second half of that. a bad team should just stockpile the most talent it can, instead of worrying about plugging short term holes at the right positions.

but i think its really dumb to keep picking guys that you believe will be multi-year projects (Luka, Primo). and then to sandwich that with a guy who's ceiling is role player like Vassell
    I think the obvious answer to this, especially given the role they've been having Vassell play at in SL (whether he's excelling on it or not is a different topic ), is that they don't see Vassell's ceiling as a role playing 3&D. They definitely have hopes he develops into a more versatile scorer, and have been (trying to) developing him as such. I don't trust it all that much, but it's not a wacky theory, especially given Devin's college game and tape.

Thread Information