Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The gloves are off. ESPN and now TWC is ethering Kobe like never before. Kobe is one tough SOB tbh. The nerve to shoot and isolate every player on the team despite the backlash is incredible. I don't think even MJ had the balls to do that. His Wizards days were far better than what we're seeing in Kobe btw.

Long live the Brick King.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Kobe is a first ballot HOFer and will be remembered as an all time great. The Lakers ARE GARBAGE. Switch Kobe with any player in the league and they're still 1-9. Awful ownership, management, coaches and players. Only people who are butthurt about Kobe are the "hardcore" bias fans who hate the Lakers.
    All of that is true, but Kobe is the only superstar in recent memory to have so many feuds with teammates. Shaq didn't like playing with him, Dwight Howard didn't like him, Pau left, and no players of note would sign with the lakers this off season. And now, ten games into the season, he seems to have completely alienated Boozer, Lin, and Nash. Other great players have had egos and intensity, but Kobe's extremism in this regard seems to have doomed him to a very sad and inglorious end to his career.

My Team
    Houston Rockets
    Post Count
    The gloves are off. ESPN and now TWC is ethering Kobe like never before. Kobe is one tough SOB tbh. The nerve to shoot and isolate every player on the team despite the backlash is incredible. I don't think even MJ had the balls to do that. His Wizards days were far better than what we're seeing in Kobe btw.

Long live the Brick King.
    my thoughts exactly, that was a cringeworthy performance...never have I seen 40+ points as a bad thing. Being able to shoot your team out of games and show that much selfishness openly garnered him some respect in my eyes.

My Team
    Houston Rockets
    Post Count
    All of that is true, but Kobe is the only superstar in recent memory to have so many feuds with teammates. Shaq didn't like playing with him, Dwight Howard didn't like him, Pau left, and no players of note would sign with the lakers this off season. And now, ten games into the season, he seems to have completely alienated Boozer, Lin, and Nash. Other great players have had egos and intensity, but Kobe's extremism in this regard seems to have doomed him to a very sad and inglorious end to his career.
    But Howard bad cancer

lol at all the heads here that still don't get it. You really have to feel for Dwight being demonized in that situation.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I love these threads that expose Kirby for what he is.

Also, can we get a 'chop of a dead parrot with a colostomy bag?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    God damn.

Believe..I'l Have another Biernutz's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    But Howard bad cancer

lol at all the heads here that still don't get it. You really have to feel for
    Dwight being demonized in that situation.
    Howard kept hinting that he wanted to go to Houston. The Lakers traded for him
    anyway with the thinking that why would you want to play anywhere else but here
    thinking. The coach and the team was not set up for Howard's game it was for Kobe.
    Howard did not want to be a bit player in the Kobe show.

notthewordsofonewhokneels Thread's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Don't forget that Steve Nash is still a Laker. Yet he literally chose not to play, then hasn't been on the bench "in support" of K. Bryant's Laker team all year. I think Nash's sentiment about Bryant is very clear by now.

And also don't forget that Bryant, who missed over 70 games last year, was on the bench in support of his Laker teammates for what, two games?
    & don't forget Amy absconded with the goods in the middle of the Finals leaving Tim to fend for himself against the likes of Bats.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ESPN: Lakers Go From Bad To Toxic -- >>

In their locker room after, frustration boiled over more than at any point this season -- and it was quite clear which direction most of it was aimed.

Said Carlos Boozer: "A lot of times we run a set, but Kobe is extremely aggressive. And then we try to hit the glass, get it off the glass. We've got to find a balance. It can't be lopsided. We've got to find a balance."

Said Jeremy Lin: "The game of basketball is ... we've got to do it together. It can't be ... if I go into a game concerned about myself, then in some ways that's detrimental to the team."

Lin later added, "There's so many things wrong right now. At the top of the list, I would say communication, trust and effort."

Bryant defended his volume shooting, using metaphors about crime.

"Obviously I'd rather get guys involved early, but if a purse gets stolen in front of you, how many blocks are you going to let the guy run?" he asked

-- more -->

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If Kobe played in a different era, all we would hear about is his points scored..efficiency wasn't a talking point in NBA media until just a few years ago, you ing moron..

Dad Killer with the Wizards wasn't much different, he was an inefficient chucker that shot too much and didn't play defense..the difference was mostly media coverage..we didn't have advanced stats in 2002/2003, Twitter wasn't around, forums weren't as prominent, etc..it was also an era where ISO offense was king, obviously..
    Stop making up. People were talking about iverson Marbury Francis and their chucking ways in the 00s and appalled by their shot selection.

They were talking about how efficient Stockton was and amazed at his efficiency in the 90s.

Believe.
    My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    Actually, Byron Scott might break his own record for the longest losing streak. He set it at 26 with the Cavs back in 2011. This guy is like a tanker's pros ute.

my unders, my frgn whites pgardn's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Kobe is a first ballot HOFer and will be remembered as an all time great. The Lakers ARE GARBAGE. Switch Kobe with any player in the league and they're still 1-9. Awful ownership, management, coaches and players. Only people who are butthurt about Kobe are the "hardcore" bias fans who hate the Lakers.
    So how is it that the Lakers find themselves with such a sorry team surrounding a superstar team oriented player?

SA fan since 03 playoffs spursparker9's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    lol whats the difference even with new lineup ? tbh

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Kobe pissed in the water so sure, if you switched out bathers, the water would still be just as yellow.

No one wants to play alongside Kobe. Taking half the cap space didn't help either, but people used to line up and take huge pay cuts to play in LA. They run like a mother er now. Lebron going to Cleveland and Miami is evidence that Kobe is a cancer out in LA. Can't keep Dwight Howard or a washed up Steve Nash, Shaq left, Bynum left... Pau left... Kobe cannot keep decent teammates because he's not a decent teammate.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    FYI, these three players shot over 50% for their careers. Okay? For their careers. George Gervin, David Thompson, and Julius Erving.

K. Bryant has never shot higher than 46.9% in any one season.

So there's a reason the media didn't talk about efficiency as much "back in the day." It's because if guys shot as low a percentage as Bryant does back in those days, they wouldn't get more shots. Period. Nobody has even told Bryant not to shoot so much - not even now, when he's an embarrassment to the game.

What Bryant is...a guy who has always had a green light, and for 70% of his career, an all-star big man to protect him. Still, with Shaquille, Pau, and Bynum in the paint, the fool can't even sniff 50% from the field.
    Bryant is the clown the LA fans pay to see, so if the owners tell him to pass the ball, he's going to sulk like he did in the Phoenix game and do the passive aggressive thing. He's basically a with a ty hair cut.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    it's 9 in the morning and the thread has 25 Viewers

I still maintain Lin should come off as a bench player. He cant even run plays when Kobe's on the floor . I don't understand why Scott would start him, they have no offensive plan to begin with. What Kobe needs is another guard who A. Hustles and plays defense. B. Doesn't require a lot of touches and C. Doesn't mind being a spot up shooter. it's the Derek Fisher role, all which Ronnie Price can do.

During preseason, the Lakers strongest lineup has always been the second unit ( led by Lin, Davis, Randle). Randle is out, but Lin, Randle and Young could at least give the Laker fans something to look forward to when Kobe is on the bench.

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    getting called out by a that paints hair on his scalp..smh..
    tbh

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Does anyone on the Lakers have the balls to tell sidekick he's killing their team? Honestly?

my unders, my frgn whites pgardn's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    At this stage Kobe is still a great player. But a great player as a piece, not THE SHOW. He put the Lakers in the position of surrounding HIM with this crap by handcuffing them. And not only with money, with the personality.

And thus his he is surrounded by a hodgepodge of guys that MUST rely on him to obtain even 1 win.

But Lakerfan has never minded just watching Kobe. And now Kobe does not mind just being Kobe. Remember when he forced the Lakers to deftly acquire Gasol? He can't use that card; 48.5, you owe ME. AND, players want to play with me? That card does not exist anymore.

And this is the Fkn situation... You know this Lakerfan, you will tune in every night to watch this perversion of basketball.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He was always just a piece. The times he was the show he led them to missing the playoffs and losing in the first round.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Holy ESPN going in RAW on good ole boy Kirbs. Just read that article Capt Bringdown linked to.

And I love this ing crime analogy

Bryant defended his volume shooting, using metaphors about crime.

"Obviously I'd rather get guys involved early, but if a purse gets stolen in front of you, how many blocks are you going to let the guy run?" he asked.

"You going to chase him down and keep him in sight yourself or just wait for the authorities to get there, or decide to let him run and wait for the authorities to get there? It's a tough thing."

The Lakers' backcourt scored 44 points -- that's 44 for Bryant and zero for Lin, who went 0-for-2 from the field in 23 minutes.
    And can we start a tally for all of the euphemisms the Lakers are going to use for Kirby going MONSTER CHUCK? Just from last night:

Boozer: "Kobe is extremely aggressive", "find balance", "lopsided"
    Rin: "concerned about myself", "communication", "trust"
    Scott: "double-edged sword", "happy medium"

And best of all was Speights trolling Kirbs: "We look up there, and we see that we're winning by 30, 40 points, that 44 is really irrelevant"

please Kirby do not get injured. Set the record for most losses ever in a season while leading the league in scoring. PLEASE?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Man you know youre bad when a guy named marreesse can troll ya.
    Thread come here we checkin assholes

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What lineup options does he really have lol.

notthewordsofonewhokneels Thread's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    I'm a trend setter.

I set trends.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm a trend setter.

I set trends.
    Dont pull this on me ol sport. Act like a 16 time champ, christ!

Thread Information