Post Count
    The Spurs should just move on

First things first,

WHO SHOULD BE THE NEXT HEAD COACH?????

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Here's my take on the story ...

From what I understand (and I'm not saying this is fact, just what I was told), Kawhi got his feelings hurt because someone in the organization (not a player, not Pop) said in not-so-kind words that he was being a wimp about the injury. Kawhi wasn't that riled up about it, but was offended. Mentioned it to his Uncle, and Kawhi's group then got Kawhi really riled up about it (saying he was being disrespected, not appreciated, Spurs were too controlling, Kawhi wasn't having input on player signings, etc.) Side note: I believe that Kawhi really only cares about playing basketball, but he trusts his advisors completely, when maybe they are just looking out for their own best interest not necessarily his.

At that point, anything the Spurs did or said to Kawhi was met with resistance by the group and blown out of proportion by the media. (For example, when Tony talked about Kawhi's injury, that was actually a comment in support of Kawhi -- go watch the video again. "Worse" things were said by other players privately, but none of them were trying to slight Kawhi - they were just confused/frustrated by the lack of communication. Kawhi was just trying to rehab and had turned over most communication to his group.) Kawhi was never pissed off at any of his teammates or even really with Pop. He thought he was physically not able to play at that point, and he had become convinced that the grass was greener elsewhere. And he was right... he just won a Championship.

I think that communication could have been a lot better on both sides, and I think Kawhi could have done a lot more to improve that communication. I also think he could have played more than those 9 games, and if he really couldn't, he should have been sitting behind the bench in support of his teammates. But I'm not one of the many doctors he consulted, so what do I know?

Do I think he will stay in Toronto? Probably not. He's probably very happy there (especially right now), but again, "coming home" to California is a big appeal to him and the group.

Disclaimer: There's more to the story but this is the beginning of it, and timvp has some insight on that info that he may or may not ever share.
    Thanks for sharing, Kori. And I agree; my gut feeling is that Uncle Dennis and the fam may have brainwashed their ca$h cow-- ehrrmm, I mean Kawhi just a liiittle bit, unfortunately.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    My guess -- Mrs. Holt.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Well Kawhi praised Chip yesterday quite a bit and he was really happy to see Ime during the return game. So I doubt it was either of those 2.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    A member of the silver dancers...and you see how they were dealt with..
    From what I heard the removal of the Silver Dancers was not approved by everyone and is something that might comeback next season.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't even want a player that doesn't really want to be here.

Timmy,Manu,Tony,Pop - set the standard.

If you need to be begged - you aren't really a Spur.

If you are a man - and the only way for you to get a woman is to beg her or convince her that she should choose you -

or

you are a woman and the only way for you to get a man is to beg him or convince him to choose you -

you don't really have anything good.

Sooner or later - this person will be tempted and will cheat anyway and will leave you and betray you the minute that this cheater finds someone or something that is "more beneficial" for them -

instead of staying with someone whom they had to be convinced or had to be begged into staying with in the first place.

In other words - they never really wanted to be with you in the first place - they just got convinced to try you out for a bit.

Kawhitter never really bled Silver and black and now I actually hate giving up Georgie Hill for this piece of quitter.

If the proud Spurs franchise and its (formerly) great fans weren't enough for you to proudly play here, be loyal, weather the ups and downs, get along great with teammates, and give your body and soul to the franchise -

then GTFO - we don't want you.

If wearing the Spurs uniform for life and fighting back through injuries and at the very least - sitting with your teammates on the bench while THEY go out and battle -is too much of a burden for you -

then GTFO.

I don't give a about Kawhitter and am glad he is gone - I cannot even believe this is an issue and cannot believe REAL spurs fans are whining and crying and ing and moaning about a quitter -

who never really wanted to be a SPUR.

Have some ing pride and represent this proud franchise and at least be a respectable fan if you want a respectable team

or

GTFO and go fellate your quitter hero.

3 stars and a sun
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    From what I heard the removal of the Silver Dancers was not approved by everyone and is something that might comeback next season.
    Powergrab!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It was Bill Land and Sean Elliott tbh.......

3 stars and a sun
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    "Make a run for the border" is their slogan, right? Who knew all this time they meant the Canadian border!
    Instead of Wingstop, Kawhi now has Tacos in the North. With cheese.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I haven’t heard anything earth shattering or different from what’s already been speculated at length about the Kawhi fiasco. Further, I don’t really understand all this secrecy given it’s only basketball but if it makes you feel important, so be it. As a fan, I just want some accountability and maybe a little closure on the most controversy story in Spurs history. I don’t expect anything from a Pop even though he’s on record for saying that the Spurs answers to the fans.

Nevertheless, it seems clear that Kawhi’s uncle made the relationship with Kawhi tough to manage. The “injury” was just a microcosm of the pettiness surrounding the 2 parties. No matter if the Spurs were in the right and KL’s family were acting like prima donnas, Pop overplayed his hand and cost us superstar. You don’t call out your best player in public especially when you preach keeping things within the program.

So, now we are year removed from this nonsense with no definitive answer as to why and the people that know are worried about being blackballed. Could this get any more comical. Oh wait.. Kawhi won the championship. Karma is dead.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I’m sure it mostly involves not kissing his ass enough..

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I just hope Tim wasn't involved..it's bad enough that we can never look at Parker the same way again, it would be much worse if TD played a part..
    If Tim told this soft clown to “Man the up”

He is even more of a legend..

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Best news in last 2 months.......lol.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't even want a player that doesn't really want to be here.

Timmy,Manu,Tony,Pop - set the standard.

If you need to be begged - you aren't really a Spur.

If you are a man - and the only way for you to get a woman is to beg her or convince her that she should choose you -

or

you are a woman and the only way for you to get a man is to beg him or convince him to choose you -

you don't really have anything good.

Sooner or later - this person will be tempted and will cheat anyway and will leave you and betray you the minute that this cheater finds someone or something that is "more beneficial" for them -

instead of staying with someone whom they had to be convinced or had to be begged into staying with in the first place.

In other words - they never really wanted to be with you in the first place - they just got convinced to try you out for a bit.

Kawhitter never really bled Silver and black and now I actually hate giving up Georgie Hill for this piece of quitter.

If the proud Spurs franchise and its (formerly) great fans weren't enough for you to proudly play here, be loyal, weather the ups and downs, get along great with teammates, and give your body and soul to the franchise -

then GTFO - we don't want you.

If wearing the Spurs uniform for life and fighting back through injuries and at the very least - sitting with your teammates on the bench while THEY go out and battle -is too much of a burden for you -

then GTFO.

I don't give a about Kawhitter and am glad he is gone - I cannot even believe this is an issue and cannot believe REAL spurs fans are whining and crying and ing and moaning about a quitter -

who never really wanted to be a SPUR.

Have some ing pride and represent this proud franchise and at least be a respectable fan if you want a respectable team

or

GTFO and go fellate your quitter hero.
    what a load of bs, then why did pop went and begged lma when he wasnt happy about his touches

kawhi no involve in player signings when his the main guy to be build around, yet patfo continue to overpay vets with loyalty contracts, with younger players leaving elsewhere after 1-2 years in the system and climatizing around kawhi...yet u go get new players in and restart the 1yr program again b4 they understand the system plays...

remember when parker sign that 3yr extension same time around kawhi up for extension his last contract, he shouldve talked to patfo istead of allowing them to chuck 45/3 to parker who looked like he was on his way to the knicks

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Nephew: I want extra cheese on my nachos.

Guy: Screw you wuss, get out and play. Until then you get as much cheese as anyone else.

Nephew: And I want my uncle to have a role in the organization.

Guy: No nachos for you! 1 Year!

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    what a load of bs, then why did pop went and begged lma when he wasnt happy about his touches

kawhi no involve in player signings when his the main guy to be build around, yet patfo continue to overpay vets with loyalty contracts, with younger players leaving elsewhere after 1-2 years in the system and climatizing around kawhi...yet u go get new players in and restart the 1yr program again b4 they understand the system plays...

remember when parker sign that 3yr extension same time around kawhi up for extension his last contract, he shouldve talked to patfo istead of allowing them to chuck 45/3 to parker who looked like he was on his way to the knicks
    Aldridge had the balls to discuss his role with Pop - Pop agreed that he himself had not utilized LMA properly -

both were honest enough to work it out - it wasn't about "touches" - it was about being a Spur and maximizing his strengths to help the spurs win and to maximize his talent -

Kawhi not involved in player siginings? GTFO of here with that

When Kawhitter retires and becomes a GM or buys into his own team - he can participate in all the signings he wants to -

Pop doesn't need to cater to players who want to run teams -

Look at Magic Johnson - great player - ty talent scout.

Pop went to meet Kawhitter because Pop had been shielded from Kawhitter by his uncle and they hid him in a closet when Spurs personnel went to the east to check on kawhitter -

that mute re cancer piece of -

Pop respected him enough to fly out and give it one more honest try -

the piece of quitter could have had the decency to man up and tell pop he had acted like a prima donna and worked things out - for the betterment of the team that turned him into a great player in the first place.

that piece of .

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I am mostly getting tired of the people that are not fans of the team just using this as an excuse to on the entire organization. If they made some mistakes OK fine. It happens. Let it go and move on. Leonard Is not the first superstar player in his prime to ask to be traded or leave in free agency. It does happen.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Try reading the thread.
    I did. it's just certain people saying random / not knowing , and an accusation. That's it. No real revelation.

Plus other things we already knew like other teams were set up better to win.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Well what we know for sure is that:
    Even though he was only 20 when he got to SA, Pop limited his minutes. ...
    As I look at the game logs for 2011-12 I don't see that.

Minutes Played
    0-9 -- 4 games
    10-19 -- 19 games
    20-29 -- 24
    30-39 -- 16
    40+ --- 1

So Leonard's typical game his rookie season was 20 to 29 minutes, and 17 times he played more than 30 minutes. That does not look like any minutes restriction. And it's way more than you'd expect for a rookie playing for Pop.

(That was a short season, with a CBA dispute, and the lockout.)

Leonard went over 30 minutes in his 9th NBA game, 34:06 against OKC. Then he went over 30 minutes in the next 5 games as well.

At the midpoint game of that season, game 33, he played 43 minutes against Portland.

In the last playoff series for the Spurs that season, against OKC, he played over 30 minutes in 4 of the 7 games. His high was 40:43 in game 7 (which the Spurs lost.)

From beginning of season, to middle, to end, he played high minutes.

The idea of that minutes limit, during Leonard's rookie season, is a Spurstalk myth. It is not there in the actual numbers. For a rookie, Pop played him huge minutes, just like a veteran.

Believe.
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Initial rumor was that it started with a personal insult (N-word?) uttered by someone connected to ownership. Maybe drunk and not in full control of themselves at the time, and was prior to injury. Everything snowballed after injury.

No idea if it's true.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So not RC.

According to Kori’s source, not Pop or the players either.

According to MoSpur02’s source, not Holt too.

Who else?

Omg I think I know who it was ...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If Becky is the one that called him a pussy, that would be classic. D-Rob honorable mention.
    If it was Becky, she earned more of my respect

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If Tim told this soft clown to “Man the up”

He is even more of a legend..

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Bring back Melissa or don't bother!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Thread Information