Page 23 of 75 FirstFirst ... 131920212223242526273373 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Why stop there? Might as well get all the way down to "do you at least grow your own food and get water from your own well?"

It's weird you guys are totally fine with earth ruining pollution from giant mega polluting corporations
    That wouldn't be "at least". Not sure you understand how that works exactly.

GIANT MEGA POLLUTING CORPORATIONS!!!!

Like the chip manufacturers that make all the in your cars, cell phones and yes, your computer.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I use the Park & Ride for Spurs games since the parking situation has been horrible when I have driven to the games. Otherwise no, it's a piss poor ancient public transportation system.
    I wonder how much carbon emissions a single spurs game generates. Is it really necessary for you to participate in an unnecessary event that is contributing to the destruction of the planet?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Word. Good thing the left has had 15 of the past 25 years to fix it.
    Good thing the democrats started working on environmental issues long ago.

The Clean Air Act has a proven record of public health and environmental protection since 1970.

Progress Cleaning the Air and Improving People's Health

For more than forty-five years the Clean Air Act has cut pollution as the U.S. economy has grown.

-Experience with the Clean Air Act since 1970 has shown that protecting public health and building the economy can go hand in hand.

-Clean Air Act programs have lowered levels of six common pollutants -- particles, ozone, lead, carbon monoxide, nitrogen dioxide and sulfur dioxide -- as well as numerous toxic pollutants.
    Between 1970 and 2020, the combined emissions of the six common pollutants (PM2.5 and PM10, SO2, NOx, VOCs, CO and Pb) dropped by 78 percent. This progress occurred while U.S. economic indicators remain strong.

-The emissions reductions have led to dramatic improvements in the quality of the air that we breathe. Between 1990 and 2020, national concentrations of air pollutants improved 73 percent for carbon monoxide, 86 percent for lead (from 2010), 61 percent for annual nitrogen dioxide, 25 percent for ozone, 26 percent for 24-hour coarse particle concentrations, 41 percent for annual fine particles (from 2000), and 91 percent for sulfur dioxide. (For more trends information, see EPA's Air Trends site.)

-These air quality improvements have enabled many areas of the country to meet national air quality standards set to protect public health and the environment. For example, all of the 41 areas that had unhealthy levels of carbon monoxide in 1991 now have levels that meet the health-based national air quality standard. A key reason is that the motor vehicle fleet is much cleaner because of Clean Air Act emissions standards for new motor vehicles.

-Airborne lead pollution, a widespread health concern before EPA phased out lead in motor vehicle gasoline under Clean Air Act authority, now meets national air quality standards in most areas of the country.

-State emission control measures to implement the Act, as well as EPA's national emissions standards, have contributed to air quality improvements.

Because of the Act, Americans breathe less pollution and face lower risks of premature death and other serious health effects.

https://www.epa.gov/progress-cleanin...peoples-health

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Uhhh Richard Nixon was President in 1970.

faggy opinion + certainty Mark Celibate's Avatar
    My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    starting to cool off, you doomsday [email protected] be time to consider suicide as a viable option imo

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Clean Air Act was enacted in 1963.

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    starting to cool off, you doomsday [email protected] be time to consider suicide as a viable option imo
    August should be a blast

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    kinda sad you turned out to be a generic rightwing goober

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    KSAT said July tied August 2011 for highest average temperature in a month in San Antonio at 90.0 degrees. Looks like it just barely beat August 2011 for highest average daily high temperature ever recorded in a month here also at 101.548 vs 101.516.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Mostly you don't like to admit you're part of the problem. You support change, but won't change.
    You continue to not recognize the difference between individual action and public policy. You seem to think public policy happens when all the individuals coincidentally decide to do something at the same time

it’s your mo

You might respond saying “nuh uh that’s not what I’m saying” but it’s the logical conclusion of your commentary

adolis is altuve’s father monosylab1k's Avatar
    My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    at the three-way Trump circlejerk on a Sunday afternoon.

adolis is altuve’s father monosylab1k's Avatar
    My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    Nixon today would get roasted as a RINO who got cucked by China.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You continue to not recognize the difference between individual action and public policy. You seem to think public policy happens when all the individuals coincidentally decide to do something at the same time

it’s your mo

You might respond saying “nuh uh that’s not what I’m saying” but it’s the logical conclusion of your commentary
    the middle aged libertarian. The mindset most of us outgrew by our mid 20’s.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    KSAT said July tied August 2011 for highest average temperature in a month in San Antonio at 90.0 degrees. Looks like it just barely beat August 2011 for highest average daily high temperature ever recorded in a month here also at 101.548 vs 101.516.
    So it was this hot before basically
    It just barely beat it

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That wouldn't be "at least". Not sure you understand how that works exactly.

GIANT MEGA POLLUTING CORPORATIONS!!!!

Like the chip manufacturers that make all the in your cars, cell phones and yes, your computer.
    "Carpooling" isn't "at least" either unless you're just making rules up as you go.

But that's what you like to do to give yourself a pat on the back for not being a hypocrite and tell yourself how great you are at winning the internet.

You morons are following the nothing we can do so let them do what they want playbook right to the letter

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So you say you want single payer universal healthcare yet i don’t see you paying for your neighbors medical bills. Weird.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So it was this hot before basically
    It just barely beat it
    July was way hotter than the previous hottest July ever seen in San Antonio.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I can accept that climate change is real and we will warm by an average of 1.1 degrees centigrade t wav now and 2300. However the heat wave if 2022 is ing hot, but in 2021 we only popped 100 maybe a couple of times. This is WEATHER. The climate didn't go completely to in one year. Im not a climate denier but fat sweaty Blake is not a climatologist either.
    Why would you think we're only going to warm by 1 degree at the end of the century? And why would you think that is going to be the same across the globe? We've warned about 1.25 deg C since 1900 and we're likely to add another 2 degrees C to that by the end of this century. We'll probably be at 1.5 total warming by the end of this decade. Places l

Yes, the heat wave is weather, but so what? Heat waves and all other weather happen in the context of a climate, and as the climate has warned these heat waves are much more likely now than they were before. The heat wave is 100% climate change in action. Every heat wave that happens now is. There's a reason we have accelerated in setting new record high temperatures but have really slowed down for record lows. Texas is probably not going to be as ed as a lot of places because there is still water in half the state and people are already used to being hot, and you can generate a lot of power via solar and wind but man there will come a time in my life when we see a summer with over 70 100 degree days which is still ing insane.

Also y'all are lucky AF the solar infrastructure in TX took a huge boost recently. For as much as dumb TX politicians talk about solar and wind, its currently saving your ass from grid failure. Better hope none of those ty power plants goes down because then people are realy gonna find out how ty heat waves are.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Why would you think we're only going to warm by 1 degree at the end of the century? And why would you think that is going to be the same across the globe? We've warned about 1.25 deg C since 1900 and we're likely to add another 2 degrees C to that by the end of this century. We'll probably be at 1.5 total warming by the end of this decade. Places l

Yes, the heat wave is weather, but so what? Heat waves and all other weather happen in the context of a climate, and as the climate has warned these heat waves are much more likely now than they were before. The heat wave is 100% climate change in action. Every heat wave that happens now is. There's a reason we have accelerated in setting new record high temperatures but have really slowed down for record lows. Texas is probably not going to be as ed as a lot of places because there is still water in half the state and people are already used to being hot, and you can generate a lot of power via solar and wind but man there will come a time in my life when we see a summer with over 70 100 degree days which is still ing insane.

Also y'all are lucky AF the solar infrastructure in TX took a huge boost recently. For as much as dumb TX politicians talk about solar and wind, its currently saving your ass from grid failure. Better hope none of those ty power plants goes down because then people are realy gonna find out how ty heat waves are.
    He's saying 1 degree by 2300

No clue what global warming denier he got that from. By 2300 I wonder how much of the Greenland ice sheet will even remain since last time we had this much CO2 in the air the sea levels were somewhere from 45 to 115 feet higher.

Also you sure you didn't mean 100 days over 100? We'll hit 70 days in mid August and I can't imagine finishing this year with any less than 85 barring a hurricane strike that drops 20 inches of rain on us.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Crap I mean we'll be at 70 days by late August

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He's saying 1 degree by 2300

No clue what global warming denier he got that from. By 2300 I wonder how much of the Greenland ice sheet will even remain since last time we had this much CO2 in the air the sea levels were somewhere from 45 to 115 feet higher.

Also you sure you didn't mean 100 days over 100? We'll hit 70 days in mid August and I can't imagine finishing this year with any less than 85 barring a hurricane strike that drops 20 inches of rain on us.
    The white ice sheet also reflects heat so as it melts that's just another avenue for higher global temps

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sure, Nixon deserves credit for creation of the EPA.

If we're still keeping score, partisan justices should get the credit for weakening the EPA's ability to do the job it was created to do, and any resulting deterioration in air quality.

Sound fair?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Most scenarios show us leveling off after this century because there's only so much CO2 stored in all fossil fuel stores and world population estimate also don't grow forever. I would be absolutely shocked if we're still using fossil fuels like this at the end of this century. Well I guess I'll be dead by then but yeah, that shouldn't be the case. The lionshare of warming will happen in our lifetimes although not all because the oceans take a long time to warm so there will always be long lag for a portion of it.

Still, 4 degrees C of total warming is an absolute insane amount since the heating is disproportionate over land and in the NH. Texas Summers may very well be 8-10 degrees F hotter on Average by the end of the century. Average high temps for San Antonio for August may end up over 100 in our lifetimes. That's pretty ing insane.

People on the whole really don't understand how bad things are going to be in the coming 20-30 years for this country. I have no ing clue on the West is going to have any water. We're going to see a TON of climate migration within our own nation and thats not to say what is going to happen with climate refugees. Things are on the verge of being dire right now for Vegas and that surrounding area but there is absolutely no relief in sight so I have no idea how they're going to handle it 10+ years from now other than people are going to have to move.

If people thought COVID was bad they're about to see things on a whole new level with climate change.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sure, Nixon deserves credit for creation of the EPA.

If we're still keeping score, partisan justices should get the credit for weakening the EPA's ability to do the job it was created to do, and any resulting deterioration in air quality.

Sound fair?
    Nixon and Reagan are probably two of the best presidents for environmental impact in our history. Every one that has come since is in the running for the worst. History is going to look back on the current GOP unkindly for a variety of reasons but I have a hard time believing that climate change won't ultimately be the worst.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This is about the time CC will come in and try to salvage face somehow

Thread Information