Page 109 of 134 FirstFirst ... 95999105106107108109110111112113119 ... LastLast
Results 2,701 to 2,725 of 3333
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    For once I'm glad someone sided with the coaches and GM. Durant is a very good player but he did sign a contract and he is not that young any more. His days of acting like a diva and bluffing ownership are almost over. Right now ownership is looking good and Durant is looking like a spoiled child throwing a loud tantrum . He may get his trade eventually, but this stain on his reputation may not go away easily or at all. He just shot himself in the foot and it doesn't look good.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    For once I'm glad someone sided with the coaches and GM. Durant is a very good player but he did sign a contract and he is not that young any more. His days of acting like a diva and bluffing ownership are almost over. Right now ownership is looking good and Durant is looking like a spoiled child throwing a loud tantrum . He may get his trade eventually, but this stain on his reputation may not go away easily or at all. He just shot himself in the foot and it doesn't look good.
    Tsai basically gave them the keys for a couple years, and they drove the car into a ditch. Now they're asking for an upgrade and Tsai doesn't seem to want to hear it.

We'll see if he sticks to his word. We've seen people make these kind of statements before and then cave...I wouldn't be surprised if Nash gets moved, but firing Marks would be a mistake.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs officially announced signing of Dieng. Wonder what took so long to make it official

Every game is game 1 Seventyniner's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs officially announced signing of Dieng. Wonder what took so long to make it official
    I believe Dieng agreed to a minimum contract, meaning the Spurs could potentially use up all their cap space first and then sign him. Signing him now takes his salary away from cap space (correct me if I'm wrong, anyone who knows more).

That means the Spurs most likely won't use all their cap space this summer, and would also explain why they waited so long to sign Dieng.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I believe Dieng agreed to a minimum contract, meaning the Spurs could potentially use up all their cap space first and then sign him. Signing him now takes his salary away from cap space (correct me if I'm wrong, anyone who knows more).

That means the Spurs most likely won't use all their cap space this summer, and would also explain why they waited so long to sign Dieng.
    Cap space, and also roster space.

Jones, Primo, Wesley
    Vassell, Richardson, Branham, Edwards
    McDermott, KBD, Langford, Hall,
    Johnson, Sochan, Roby
    Poeltl, Collins, Dieng, Barlow

They only have two spots left now without having to waive someone they at least intend on not cutting before camp.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Tsai basically gave them the keys for a couple years, and they drove the car into a ditch. Now they're asking for an upgrade and Tsai doesn't seem to want to hear it.

We'll see if he sticks to his word. We've seen people make these kind of statements before and then cave...I wouldn't be surprised if Nash gets moved, but firing Marks would be a mistake.
    You're right owners talk loudly but mostly cave in. I'm surprised that Nash has done as well as he has for a first time coach. Marks is a lot smarter than people give him him credit for. Tsai would be dumb to get rid of either just to please Durant. No matter how talented he is, Durant is still a crybaby diva in my eyes.

Every game is game 1 Seventyniner's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Cap space, and also roster space.

Jones, Primo, Wesley
    Vassell, Richardson, Branham, Edwards
    McDermott, KBD, Langford, Hall,
    Johnson, Sochan, Roby
    Poeltl, Collins, Dieng, Barlow

They only have two spots left now without having to waive someone they at least intend on not cutting before camp.
    The Spurs have the "depth" (they're still gonna really suck) to afford losing Poeltl and Richardson. I'd imagine the Spurs are still heavily shopping them, perhaps weighing offers right now, and I doubt they're looking for a player in return. One that they wouldn't immediately waive, that is.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Spurs have the "depth" (they're still gonna really suck) to afford losing Poeltl and Richardson. I'd imagine the Spurs are still heavily shopping them, perhaps weighing offers right now, and I doubt they're looking for a player in return. One that they wouldn't immediately waive, that is.
    timvp said something like they have at least one offer of picks, plural, but they were trying to work Jak into a larger deal for an unprotected pick. If that doesn't work out, it sounds like they have something that will. I don't expect him on the roster at the beginning of training camp. I think JRich will be traded before the deadline, probably to a contender, but I don't expect anything imminent on that front.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sure, but both players have salaries small enough that a team might want to stack a pick plus multiple small contracts to acquire. Jakob could be had with three min contracts; Richardson (and McDermott) could with four. Right now, the Spurs couldn't do a four-for-one trade without cutting Edwards or one of the other guys. I don't think this is a critical situation, as very few teams have that many min contracts they want to get rid of. But it's a bit less flexibility that was being saved by having that extra roster spot temporarily vacant.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Jakob is back in the US,before that he talked to Austrian media:“yes, i was surprised about the Murray trade. That’s the business. I am happy in SA,as far as I heard from the spurs:they count on me,they want me to stay & are planning the new start with me.“

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Has there been any indication how the Miles Bridges situation is effecting Charlotte's plans heading into the offseason? Have they cooled on wanting to unload GH?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You're right owners talk loudly but mostly cave in. I'm surprised that Nash has done as well as he has for a first time coach. Marks is a lot smarter than people give him him credit for. Tsai would be dumb to get rid of either just to please Durant. No matter how talented he is, Durant is still a crybaby diva in my eyes.
    I can't really speak much for Nash....he chose a ty situation to start his career. He was brought in to be a "yes man" to Durant, then got hit with Kyrie missing half a season and Harden coming in out of shape then demanding a trade. The Nets barely made the playoffs even with Durant.

That said...KD obviously played a part in getting Atkinson fired, then had nothing but praise for the signing of Nash. It's funny how quickly his story has changed.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I can't really speak much for Nash....he chose a ty situation to start his career. He was brought in to be a "yes man" to Durant, then got hit with Kyrie missing half a season and Harden coming in out of shape then demanding a trade. The Nets barely made the playoffs even with Durant.

That said...KD obviously played a part in getting Atkinson fired, then had nothing but praise for the signing of Nash. It's funny how quickly his story has changed.
    Nash probably thought he was walking into a Kerr/GSW situation and everything just went sideways.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Kevin Durant is a great example of what not to do decision making wise apart from his riches. He's no longer the player that makes your team an immediate contender for a 'ship. He's only succeeded when he joined the team that beat him and few were impressed. A great player of course, but bad choices.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Would it have looked any better for him if he came to the Spurs and teamed up with Kawhi and LA? Apparently the Spurs were his second choice when he was asked about it during his first or second season at GSW (not sure if he was bull ting or not about that).

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    https://www.nba.com/spurs/news/spurs...8cm1y4-5FvR1so

SAN ANTONIO (Aug. 11, 2022) – The San Antonio Spurs today announced that they have signed forward Jordan Hall to a two-way contract. Per team policy, terms of the contract were not announced.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Another locked down roster spot. Signaling they're making the turn into getting ready for camp.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Key losses:
    Murray (arguably net zero when it comes to wins)
    Lonnie (net negative)
    Landale (net zero)

Key additions:
    Wesley (provides athleticism)
    Sochan (provides much needed length and defense in the front court)
    Branham (provides ISO scoring)

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs are in deep this season

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Key losses:
    Lonnie (net negative)
    Landale (net zero)

Key additions:
    cope

we're tanking

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    never gets old when folks pay more attention to your take than you do for theirs

let me have mine and you have yours tbh neither of us or anyone have ever been 100% right so why try to ridicule others? It’s a child’s game…

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Key losses:
    Lonnie (net negative)
    Landale (net zero)

Key additions:
    The only guy one our roster to make an all defensive team and an all star team is a "net zero"

Primo and Devin can't even get invites to the rookie vs sop res all star weekend game

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The only guy one our roster to make an all defensive team and an all star team is a "net zero"

Primo and Devin can't even get invites to the rookie vs sop res all star weekend game
    And how are these two points related?

Still Sporting Ben Davis Allan Rowe vs Wade's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    dejounte was easily our best player but let's not pretend he was a *real* all star

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Wasn't DJ a technicality all star anyway? Injury replacement for Draymond Green

Thread Information