My Team
    Houston Rockets
    Post Count

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    huh 4 more ft for the lakers? this isnt a +20 advantage that OKC clearly had

My Team
    Houston Rockets
    Post Count
    The no calls on D-Will and Boozer down the stretch that were OBVIOUS calls

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    There are numerous plays today where the Jazz players clearly got fouled, but there were no calls... 4 more free throw attempts for the Lakers is not indicative of how many fouls that are actually committed...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    LOL KOBE committing an offensive foul than getting two shots at the free throw line after having a molecule touch him.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Don't forget Milsap. They showed replays of a huge amount of contact on every play before and after the shot with no call.

Lakers needing the refs to bail them out.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    The charge call on Fisher at the end of the game was an obvious bad call at a very critical time.

Bad calls go both ways in the course of a game. The problem is when the team that is inferior is getting a lot more FT than the better team.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    LOL KOBE committing an offensive foul than getting two shots at the free throw line after having a molecule touch him.
    If you're talking about Miles flopping and then trying to redeem himself by pushing Kobe from the floor while Kobe banged a jumper... ummm, I'm gonna say I have to disagree with you. Refs called that one perfectly.

There were some missed calls -- as always, no game is perfect -- but overall I thought they did a good job, especially with the charge/no-charge calls. Fisher barreling into a big on the fastbreak a lot of times goes to the guard and they didn't fall for it. Kobe's (third?) offensive foul, the hook, was the right call, too.

Ref whining is unbecoming, especially after a game like that. I'd say the same thing if Utah would've held on to win.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    The charge call on Fisher at the end of the game was an obvious bad call at a very critical time.
    No way, perfect call IMO... Fisher just put his shoulder into the chest of the big hard. He's such a terrible finisher, he was just wishcasting for a bailout foul call there knowing he's shooting around 30% at the rim.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    There are numerous plays today where the Jazz players clearly got fouled, but there were no calls...
    ...And?

This is true of every game. There were also plays where Jazz players "got away" with contact. It works both ways.

If you want to make a serious argument, go through and find all the bad calls... forget who's wearing what laundry, just find all the bad calls. There will almost always be a small disparity because that's just how small sample sizes work. And yes, when a game is as close as it is today, that small disparity can be crucial. But the alternative is a lot of intrusive video replay.

I do agree that refs can get caught up in home crowd momentum, but I just didn't see it today. Good game by the officials.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    And of course 4 of those were intentional fouls committed by the Jazz in the final seconds, so FTs were basically at parity today.

Not that that proves anything, refs aren't supposed to keep FTs "even," they're supposed to make the right calls, period.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    No way, perfect call IMO... Fisher just put his shoulder into the chest of the big hard. He's such a terrible finisher, he was just wishcasting for a bailout foul call there knowing he's shooting around 30% at the rim.
    Nope. The defender was not in position AT ALL on that play. Fisher does barrel into players going to the rim and deservedly gets some charge calls but that play was absolutely not a charge.

Thread Information