Interesting Messi interview, brings to light a lot of details:

My Team
    Real Madrid CF
    Post Count
    Tacos to burgers translation please

My Team
    Real Madrid CF
    Post Count
    Said Barça asked him to reduce 50% his salary and he accepted to stay. But as soon as he left, Laporta started talking to media he didn’t offer to play for free. Messi says Laporta is trying to blame him for the situation and didn’t talk to him again.

Said only played in 2 games in French League and needs more time. That la liga is much more technical, every team even the smallest know to play, but league 1 is much faster and many players are stronger. It’s difficult to adapt, because first was in hotel 1 month and half and kids starting driving nuts. Now that’s at his home is better but traffic is terrible, doesn’t have time to leave or pickup his kids. Prefers the clima of Barcelona.

When arrived, relation with MBappé was weird, because everyone thought he was a goner, but after improved a lot. Explained that MBappe is different center forward than prime Suárez. MBappé kills you with space and initially was extreme, till last season when switched to center forward. Suárez is a traditional center forward, positions higher on the pitch. Doesn’t know what trident is/was better Neymar, Suárez, Messi or Neymar, MBappé, Messi.

Said nowadays PSG is better than Barça and he came to “win things”. And will try to deliver a Champions league after many seasons being close.

Made a lot of emphasis how much it meant to win a Copa América with the NT after losing so many finals, because he wanted to deliver with Argentina, not just with Barcelona. People were unjust, because they gave it all.

In Barcelona still talks with the Kun Agüero and Jordi Alba, if I’m not mistaken. Said Barcelona could still do a good season with Agüero, Dembele and the youngsters. Was surprised how good is Gavi.

Downplayed the possibility of the 7th golden ball, said if he wins it great, but if not, won’t be sorry. Asked what will do with 35, said he never thought would play for PSG, and will take his decisions day by day.

Said a lot of other stuff. Reporters tried to shake him up, said he cries too much, made a torero joke that with age has became more sensible.

My Team
    Real Madrid CF
    Post Count
    Said Barça asked him to reduce 50% his salary and he accepted to stay. But as soon as he left, Laporta started talking to media he didn’t offer to play for free. Messi says Laporta is trying to blame him for the situation and didn’t talk to him again.

Said only played in 2 games in French League and needs more time. That la liga is much more technical, every team even the smallest know to play, but league 1 is much faster and many players are stronger. It’s difficult to adapt, because first was in hotel 1 month and half and kids starting driving nuts. Now that’s at his home is better but traffic is terrible, doesn’t have time to leave or pickup his kids. Prefers the clima of Barcelona.

When arrived, relation with MBappé was weird, because everyone thought he was a goner, but after improved a lot. Explained that MBappe is different center forward than prime Suárez. MBappé kills you with space and initially was extreme, till last season when switched to center forward. Suárez is a traditional center forward, positions higher on the pitch. Doesn’t know what trident is/was better Neymar, Suárez, Messi or Neymar, MBappé, Messi.

Said nowadays PSG is better than Barça and he came to “win things”. And will try to deliver a Champions league after many seasons being close.

Made a lot of emphasis how much it meant to win a Copa América with the NT after losing so many finals, because he wanted to deliver with Argentina, not just with Barcelona. People were unjust, because they gave it all.

In Barcelona still talks with the Kun Agüero and Jordi Alba, if I’m not mistaken. Said Barcelona could still do a good season with Agüero, Dembele and the youngsters. Was surprised how good is Gavi.

Downplayed the possibility of the 7th golden ball, said if he wins it great, but if not, won’t be sorry. Asked what will do with 35, said he never thought would play for PSG, and will take his decisions day by day.

Said a lot of other stuff. Reporters tried to shake him up, said he cries too much, made a torero joke that with age has became more sensible.
    Thank you

65 tons of American pride Canyonero's Avatar
    My Team
    CA River Plate
    Post Count
    Messi doesn't seem to give a about PSG and I love it

My Team
    Germany
    Post Count
    More tidbits from the interview:

"Es que no puedo competir con los granjeros"

"Ai dios mio, que me estoy sofocando, donde esta Di Maria"

Poor Harden He's going through it right now.
    Last edited by Bynumite; 11-13-2021 at 08:57 AM.

My Team
    France
    Post Count

thanks tbh...

My Team
    Real Madrid CF
    Post Count
    Neymar had to leave the game vs St Étienne, left the game with stretched ankle.

My Team
    Real Madrid CF
    Post Count
    PSG has weeks negotiating with Zidane. The hope is he may convince MBappé to re-sign, before January 1, 2022, when MBappé could sign a pre-contract with Real Madrid for next 22/23 season and on.

My Team
    Real Madrid CF
    Post Count
    Sergio Ramos played his only 7th game of 2021 and first for PSG, the impressions being very positive. He was very active on defense and and went forward for some headers, keeping the other team defense busy.

My Team
    France
    Post Count
    PSG is a mess tbh... Mbappe is carrying dat sinking ship for weeks now

My Team
    France
    Post Count
    PSG is a mess tbh... Mbappe is carrying dat sinking ship for weeks now
    15 mn after this post... Mbappe 2 Bruges 0

Realistic Spurs Fan Amuseddaysleeper's Avatar
    My Team
    FC Barcelona
    Post Count
    15 mn after this post... Mbappe 2 Bruges 0
    Poch needs to go, imo

My Team
    CA River Plate
    Post Count
    Nobody in Argentina knows how Pochetino got where he got. The dude has literally never won in his life as a coach. Every coach in the Argie league is better than this guy.

My Team
    FC Barcelona
    Post Count
    Nobody in Argentina knows how Pochetino got where he got. The dude has literally never won in his life as a coach. Every coach in the Argie league is better than this guy.
    Messi absolutely needs to play better in the league, but literally everyone on psg are playing worse.

My Team
    CA River Plate
    Post Count
    Messi absolutely needs to play better in the league, but literally everyone on psg are playing worse.
    Messi doesn't give a about the French league, he knows that is in the bag. He's saving himself for the CL and NT. It is vox populi in Argentina.

My Team
    FC Barcelona
    Post Count
    Messi doesn't give a about the French league, he knows that is in the bag. He's saving himself for the CL and NT. It is vox populi in Argentina.
    I mean, if I’m psg, I’d be pissed paying Messi when it’s obvious he doesn’t care outside the CL I think the NT is his top priority moving forward.

My Team
    CA River Plate
    Post Count
    I mean, if I’m psg, I’d be pissed paying Messi when it’s obvious he doesn’t care outside the CL I think the NT is his top priority moving forward.
    Meh, PSG fans and management also only give a about CL, tbh.

My Team
    CA River Plate
    Post Count

My Team
    FC Barcelona
    Post Count
    Yeah true. Although with the way they look right now, I’d be shocked if they even make the CL final.

My Team
    France
    Post Count
    Indeed. PSG does not need Messi to win French league, Messi is here to help the team win the CL. He has been pedestrian since his arrival but showed up for the CL. The thing is they need to play better including Messi in French league to gel together, they can't do that in CL.

My Team
    France
    Post Count
    Yeah true. Although with the way they look right now, I’d be shocked if they even make the CL final.
    Well if I am PSG compe ion I'd rather play them the soonest possible in the CL. If they stay healthy, the more they will play together the better. Mbappe is on a mission right now, Hakimi is great, Messi will do his things, Ramos back will help them to find some stability. Neymar is the biggest question mark but as we saw today Di Maria is still a force to be reckoned with.

My Team
    CA River Plate
    Post Count
    Indeed. PSG does not need Messi to win French league, Messi is here to help the team win the CL. He has been pedestrian since his arrival but showed up for the CL. The thing is they need to play better including Messi in French league to gel together, they can't do that in CL.
    Get a real coach son.

My Team
    FC Barcelona
    Post Count
    Well if I am PSG compe ion I'd rather play them the soonest possible in the CL. If they stay healthy, the more they will play together the better. Mbappe is on a mission right now, Hakimi is great, Messi will do his things, Ramos back will help them to find some stability. Neymar is the biggest question mark but as we saw today Di Maria is still a force to be reckoned with.
    They need to replace Poch. Sticking Messi way out on the sideline doesn’t make any sense.

But I agree, psg should get better with time

My Team
    France
    Post Count
    Get a real coach son.
    I'm gonna be honest here, I'm not following closely PSG just watched CL games and a couple of games in French league. I'm not super familiar with Poch either. I believe the main issue of PSG is not really the coaching, Truchel is obviously a great coach but has not been able to handle it. Too many egos, a structure that needs to become more professional, PSG is rather young with no winning culture, a lot of politics inside the locker room. Changing the coach every other year is not helping to create a stability. Maybe Zidane would be able to put the egos in check and get the offensive players to do the efforts when the team does not have the ball but I am not even sure.

Thread Information