Enemy of the System Millennial_Messiah's Avatar
    Name
    Andrew
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    North Texas Mean Green
    update…I feel like total . No congestion, no fever, no sore throat, no coughing or lung . But the fatigue and brain fog are real. I was trying to get some work done and I could not figure out a formula on an spreadsheet that I created. Also took me forever to locate a file that I’ve accessed many times. I had to search by the name. I think I’d rather have all the other symptoms instead of what I’ve got.
    Pop an Excedrin first thing every morning. Excedrin kills brain fog.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    10671623[/URL]]Pop an Excedrin first thing every morning. Excedrin kills brain fog.
    dude…are you being serious? I can’t find anything that confirms that. If that’s true, I’ll give it a shot. If you’re ing with me, you’re an asshole. Because this is making me miserable.

Name
    Andrew
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    North Texas Mean Green
    dude…are you being serious? I can’t find anything that confirms that. If that’s true, I’ll give it a shot. If you’re ing with me, you’re an asshole. Because this is making me miserable.
    Legit 110 percent serious. One excedrin in the morning for me solved a lot of chronic problems... including chronic daytime sleepiness and oft-happening headaches. I literally never get headaches anymore, brain fog, or feel like I need a nap at 10:30am every morning and then another nap at 2pm. Symptoms that plagued me pretty much every day from 2015-2018 until I started taking an excedrin every morning first thing out of bed and a clonazepam 0.5mg every night after dinner.

You can even get the generic kind... Equate from Walmart, the one with the green cap that's like $4.97 for 300 caplets. That's the one I use and it's just as good as the name brand.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    10671658[/URL]]Legit 110 percent serious. One excedrin in the morning for me solved a lot of chronic problems... including chronic daytime sleepiness and oft-happening headaches. I literally never get headaches anymore, brain fog, or feel like I need a nap at 10:30am every morning and then another nap at 2pm. Symptoms that plagued me pretty much every day from 2015-2018 until I started taking an excedrin every morning first thing out of bed and a clonazepam 0.5mg every night after dinner.

You can even get the generic kind... Equate from Walmart, the one with the green cap that's like $4.97 for 300 caplets. That's the one I use and it's just as good as the name brand.
    thanks dude. I’ll give it a shot tomorrow. What do you think the main ingredient that makes it work? Iirc, Exedrin has a high caffeine content.

Name
    Andrew
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    North Texas Mean Green
    thanks dude. I’ll give it a shot tomorrow. What do you think the main ingredient that makes it work? Iirc, Exedrin has a high caffeine content.
    It's got just the right amount of caffeine to keep you going all day without providing the jitters and a sudden crash like a coffee, 5-hour-Energy, Red Bull or Monster would cause. Think of it as a controlled slow extended release version of caffeine. Excedrin does help you poop, fyi though it doesn't cause stomach cramps like a laxative. The other things it has are copious amounts of Acetaminophen and Aspirin which work together to stop your headache and inflammation affecting your head, brain and rest of your body. The brain fog is typically a symptom of inflamed brain/nervous tissue which the acetaminophen-aspirin combo works very well to quell.

my unders, my frgn whites pgardn's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    update…I feel like total . No congestion, no fever, no sore throat, no coughing or lung . But the fatigue and brain fog are real. I was trying to get some work done and I could not figure out a formula on an spreadsheet that I created. Also took me forever to locate a file that I’ve accessed many times. I had to search by the name. I think I’d rather have all the other symptoms instead of what I’ve got.
    You need to tell this to Darrin.
    His prognosis is that you should ONLY feel MILD cold symptoms.

Take care of yourself. I enjoy the movie analysis and toiletry banter.
    I would say stay very hydrated everyday you feel like this and make sure you pee a whole lot. Then go back to bed.
    You are not the only one who has had this, and some have come through very well doing the above.
    Last edited by pgardn; 01-21-2022 at 12:16 AM.

Name
    Andrew
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    North Texas Mean Green
    You need to tell this to Darrin.
    His prognosis is that you should ONLY feel MILD cold symptoms.

Take care of yourself. I enjoy the movie analysis and toiletry banter.
    I would say stay very hydrated everyday you feel like this and make sure you pee a whole lot. Then go back to bed.
    You are not the only one who has had this, and some have come through very well doing the above.
    that's literally what I do in the early stages of any cold, whether coronavirus, rhinovirus or whatever

The biggest problem with that is the sore throat. It's brutally hard to swallow anything including cold liquid on a sore throat.

The best thing I've discovered in such situations is drinking orange juice mixed with other tropical juices and a squeeze of lime or lemon juice and warm it to nearly room temperature so it goes down easier. The more Vitamin C the better. Drinking something like coke or sprite or even plain water is just useless on a upper respiratory infection. Yes it's better than nothing but it won't necessarily help your throat heal up faster. You've got to have copious amounts of Vitamin C.

DO NOT CONSUME

-honey
    -coffee
    -alcohol
    -milk/yogurt/dairy
    -tea
    -chocolate, or fried foods
    -antacids

on a sore throat. All of those contain fat, alkaline, and/or cholesterol molecules that enhance your mucus making your post nasal drip and thus sore throat and chest congestion worse. You need to eliminate these from your diet until your upper respiratory infection is over.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Def got it at the Cowboy game. Everyone in my truck tested positive this week and ive been sick. 2nd time ive got it in 1.5 years Happy i was vaxxed symptoms suck but not enough to keep me out of work. Im gonna give my joe rogan friends a treat & help them with their herd immunity at the bar later

I cannot grok its fullnes leemajors's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    it just has a lot of caffeine in addition to nsaid and acetaminophen. I just took generic sudafed and tylenol when i had it.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Pop an Excedrin first thing every morning. Excedrin kills brain fog.
    I'd read up on that before you start a daily regimen, especially if you consume alcohol regularly.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    You need to take motrin for the fever.
    Stay away from Motrin or anything else this moron recommends.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Had a hacking cough about 6 days ago, then a mild headache that lasted a couple of days and nausea for a day. Lost taste and sense of smell two days ago but it's returned. The most disconcerting aspect has been the "brain fog".
    Could be just flu but everyone in my house is sick with varying symptoms. Daughter went and got tested and it came up negative so IDK. She had the headache and was stopped up.

Should be getting my in home test tomorrow. But with all the reports of false negatives, I don't have much confidence in it.

It's not been terrible other than not being able to think clearly.
    My gf had the brain fog symptom too.. I had to flat out ask her if he memory was ok and the next day came the rest of the symptoms

In my experience I had to take 800 MG of ibuprofen to get any results.. the first time i had COVID I also noticed that ibuprofen wasn't very effective for lowering my fever even though I always rely on it for fever. I was alternating between Dayquil severe and 800 mg of ibuprofen to get by

notthewordsofonewhokneels Thread's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    My gf had the brain fog symptom too.. I had to flat out ask her if he memory was ok and the next day came the rest of the symptoms

In my experience I had to take 800 MG of ibuprofen to get any results.. the first time i had COVID I also noticed that ibuprofen wasn't very effective for lowering my fever even though I always rely on it for fever. I was alternating between Dayquil severe and 800 mg of ibuprofen to get by
    Sick or not, "800 MG of ibuprofen" is a Godsend. An absolute wonderment.

Name
    Andrew
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    North Texas Mean Green
    I'd read up on that before you start a daily regimen, especially if you consume alcohol regularly.
    Yes, don't take acetaminophen (specifically acetaminophen... Aspirin is OK) and alcohol together, ever. It is generally okay to take acetaminophen in the morning if you only drink alcohol at night and only a reasonable amount, say 1-2 drinks per night and nothing more on the weekends.

The acetaminophen and alcohol combination can be a deadly pairing, leading to acute cirrhosis and potentially death if untreated. I don't drink, well except maybe 3-4 nights worth of beer per full year (when I'm visiting my best friend in Fort Worth... literally that's it... I never drink alone) so I don't worry about it.

Name
    Andrew
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    North Texas Mean Green

In my experience ibuprofen is pretty mediocre and the least effective by far of the NSAIDs. I would take Aleve (naproxen) before ibuprofen any time, it's more expensive but it's much more effective and you only need it once a day, at night. Aspirin is both the cheapest and safest of the NSAIDs and it works better than ibuprofen IMO and not as well as naproxen but it is a very good backup pain reliever and very safe as well as long as you're not a small child.

Name
    Andrew
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    North Texas Mean Green
    Def got it at the Cowboy game. Everyone in my truck tested positive this week and ive been sick. 2nd time ive got it in 1.5 years Happy i was vaxxed symptoms suck but not enough to keep me out of work. Im gonna give my joe rogan friends a treat & help them with their herd immunity at the bar later
    All of that only to lose in possibly the most re ed way in NFL playoff history.

Believe.
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    OP

you do NOT have covid

you will KNOW when you do have it - that is no joke

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UTSA Roadrunners
    Sounds like brain cancer, imo.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Had a hacking cough about 6 days ago, then a mild headache that lasted a couple of days and nausea for a day. Lost taste and sense of smell two days ago but it's returned. The most disconcerting aspect has been the "brain fog".
    Could be just flu but everyone in my house is sick with varying symptoms. Daughter went and got tested and it came up negative so IDK. She had the headache and was stopped up.

Should be getting my in home test tomorrow. But with all the reports of false negatives, I don't have much confidence in it.

It's not been terrible other than not being able to think clearly.
    U will be fine

Covid is just the sniffles now.

Cheers

faggy opinion + certainty Mark Celibate's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    College
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    Legit 110 percent serious. One excedrin in the morning for me solved a lot of chronic problems... including chronic daytime sleepiness and oft-happening headaches. I literally never get headaches anymore, brain fog, or feel like I need a nap at 10:30am every morning and then another nap at 2pm. Symptoms that plagued me pretty much every day from 2015-2018 until I started taking an excedrin every morning first thing out of bed and a clonazepam 0.5mg every night after dinner.

wtf, you take a benzo every evening??

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    College
    Maryland Terrapins
    Not vaccinated tbh. I’ve got a stupid auto-immune thing.
    GBS?

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs

Name
    Andrew
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    North Texas Mean Green
    wtf, you take a benzo every evening??
    0.5mg is next to nothing. I know people who are fully functional and take 3-4mg every night before bed along with hitting the bong and a joint or two. Wicked insomnia is a real problem.

faggy opinion + certainty Mark Celibate's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    College
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    0.5mg is next to nothing. I know people who are fully functional and take 3-4mg every night before bed along with hitting the bong and a joint or two. Wicked insomnia is a real problem.
    but they're not fully functional if they're addicted to something that will literally kill them if they quit cold turkey. Benzos are nothing to mess with imo. Atleast try exercising before bed or something before going that route. Not gonna judge someone who has legit insomnia but I try to go as drug free as possible tbh. I've had weeks where the sleep just isn't coming for whatever reason but my body eventually adjusts naturally and catches up on it later

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    That’s what you get for ing Andy’s mom tbh. I told you that had the rona.
    Too bad you don't have the rona tbh. The delta varient that is or better yet the that made Chinese people faceplant in the streets. Bummer...

Thread Information