Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Banned
    My Team
    Phoenix Suns
    Post Count
    I was defending Obama's actions. Since there was little in that thread pertaining to Republican senators. Lrn2contextualize, shortbus.
    So like I said you were never critical of Republican senators who voted against Sandy relief on this message board.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    Where's the thread about Republican senators who voted against Sandy relief? I'm not finding any, other than this one, which I've already spanked the senators in question.

Affirm the Consequent much?

Banned
    My Team
    Phoenix Suns
    Post Count
    Oh, the humanity! fixing roads in a less developed area and putting roofs on houses THAT WERE DAMAGED BY THE ING HURRICANE.

I called it, Republicans would start splitting hairs about why Tornado relief is more justified than Hurricane relief

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Beginning to suspect this Durant82 is not really a Thunder fan..fishiness afoot..

Banned
    My Team
    Phoenix Suns
    Post Count
    Where's the thread about Republican senators who voted against Sandy relief? I'm not finding any, other than this one, which I've already spanked the senators in question.

You didn't spank the senators in question. You never touched the topic. Commending Obama =/= criticizing the senators.

Given how much of an issue you're taking with Durant82 and I politicizing this issue, why didn't you make a thread about the Republican senators politicizing the issue? Methinks two random message board trolls probably isn't as big a deal as 30+ senators.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count

Oh, here's one. But the OP was so ing re ed it didn't even warrant a resopnse after CC destroyed it.

http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/show...urricane+sandy

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    You didn't spank the senators in question. You never touched the topic. Commending Obama =/= criticizing the senators.

Given how much of an issue you're taking with Durant82 and I politicizing this issue, why didn't you make a thread about the Republican senators politicizing the issue? Methinks two random message board trolls probably isn't as big a deal as 30+ senators.
    Why don't you go climb a wall of s instead of obsessing over me not posting to your particular specs?

The Tautology Club meets two doors down the hall. have fun.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    lol at issue.

Banned
    My Team
    Phoenix Suns
    Post Count
    Yeah CC destroyed it by using the vague description "pork!" like every other right wing hack has done so far to justify why Republicans decided to rewrite the rules of disaster relief when a disaster hit a blue state.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    lol blue state.

Banned
    My Team
    Phoenix Suns
    Post Count
    Why don't you go climb a wall of s instead of obsessing over me not posting to your particular specs?

The Tautology Club meets two doors down the hall. have fun.
    I'm pointing out you're a sanctimonious hypocrite who only whines about natural disasters being politicized when Liberals do it.

lol pulling the obsessed card

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    lol.

Keep posting, shortbus.

My Team
    Oklahoma City Thunder
    Post Count
    Why don't you go climb a wall of s
    lol 3rd grade insult
    lol shortbus

My Team
    Oklahoma City Thunder
    Post Count
    Yeah CC destroyed it by using the vague description "pork!" like every other right wing hack has done so far to justify why Republicans decided to rewrite the rules of disaster relief when a disaster hit a blue state.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    lol 3rd grade insult
    lol shortbus
    I never heard that in 3rd grade!

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    I'm pointing out you're a sanctimonious hypocrite who only whines about natural disasters being politicized when Liberals do it.

lol pulling the obsessed card
    I'm sure you also notice, since you seem to have taken an interest in my posting history, that I don't smack around blue senators. Instead, I just like to dogpile ideologues and work in coffee talk where possible. Character flaw.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    and the odd automotive post as well.

Rising above the Fray spursncowboys's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Oh, the humanity! fixing roads in a less developed area and putting roofs on houses THAT WERE DAMAGED BY THE ING HURRICANE.
    The roofs were for NASA I believe. The majority of the funding was pork.

Rising above the Fray spursncowboys's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    TB is as much a right winger as I'm a statist

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Excellent debate

Alleged Michigander ChumpDumper's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The roofs were for NASA I believe. The majority of the funding was pork.
    Well, list the finding in the bill to prove it.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Coburn: Disaster victims getting federal aid think they ‘don’t have to be responsible’

Oklahoma Sen. Tom Coburn (R) on Sunday said that the federal government had “created kind of a predicate, that you don’t have to be responsible for what goes on in your state” by providing aid after disasters like the tornado that hit the Oklahoma City area last week.

Less than a week after the monster tornado did billions of dollars worth of damage to his state, CBS News host Bob Schieffer asked Coburn if now was the time to reform the way the federal government budgeted for disaster aid.

“I really do,” the Oklahoma Republican agreed. “We ought to have priorities about how we fund it instead of borrowing the money, and we ought to make sure the money is actually for the emergency at hand, not for four or five years later. And not allow to bill to be actually loaded up with things that have nothing to do with the emergency at hand.”

Coburn asserted that federal disaster aid should only kick in when local resources were overwhelmed, and he said that the “vast majority” of disasters did not meet that requirement.

“So, we’ve kind of transferred the responsibility for storms and damage to the federal government, instead of to the state government.” he insisted. “We’ve created kind of a predicate, that you don’t
    have to be responsible for what goes on in your state.”

Just hours after the tornado hit last week, Coburn told CQ.com that he would “absolutely” demand that aid be offset by spending cuts.

http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2013/05/2...e+Raw+Story%29

So where is Coburn's $10Bs rainy-day/tornado fund?

Veteran
    My Team
    Houston Rockets
    Post Count
    From what I saw it looked like most of the damage was in residential neighborhoods.

Homeowners insurance is going to pay for a lot if not most of those damages. (Unless it's allstate. they never pay out, them)

the government gives out LOANS (that have to be paid back) for the rest.

Only the super poor will get grants.

The common city infrastructure is what is the biggest concern.

on instagram, str8 flexin DUNCANownsKOBE's Avatar
    My Team
    Phoenix Suns
    Post Count
    It's Oklahoma so chances are the infrastructure sucked before the Tornado

Thread Information