Millennial Messiah UNT Eagles 2016's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We beat the defending champs both times this year, both of them fully healthy and not resting anybody. This time a in' beatdown by 30, shutting them completely out on defense, and scoring over 100 ourselves.

4-0 now against the two media darlings of the league.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'd still give the edge to the opener - an absolute beat down on the road and killing Durant's debut.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'd still give the edge to the opener - an absolute beat down on the road and killing Durant's debut.
    The issue there was that it was just that, the opener. It's very common, almost expected for newly formed superteams to lose their first game (or at least their first "hard" game). Not in midseason form, no time to gel, etc.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If we win tomorrow night, we're only 1 game behind first overall seed and we've already clinched the tiebreaker. That will make us perfect vs. the two butt-buddies of the league. I'd love that

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The issue there was that it was just that, the opener. It's very common, almost expected for newly formed superteams to lose their first game (or at least their first "hard" game). Not in midseason form, no time to gel, etc.
    Road game against a well-rested team, with no injuries as opposed to a battered, slumping Cavs team. I'll stay with my opinion.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Road game against a well-rested team, with no injuries as opposed to a battered, slumping Cavs team. I'll stay with my opinion.
    Gotta agree. Cavs are a shadow of the championship team. In the opener, the Spurs said, "Okay, we don't have Duncan; okay, the Dubs have Durant et al; but we are still the Spurs!"

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    nope ... Cleveland is playing bad basketball right now

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We beat the defending champs both times this year, both of them fully healthy and not resting anybody. This time a in' beatdown by 30, shutting them completely out on defense, and scoring over 100 ourselves.

4-0 now against the two media darlings of the league.
    ? Korver and Shumpert didnt play due to injuries. Solid win, not great due to poor play of opponent.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Gotta agree. Cavs are a shadow of the championship team. In the opener, the Spurs said, "Okay, we don't have Duncan; okay, the Dubs have Durant et al; but we are still the Spurs!"
    Exactly.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Hold the reigns on Murray, tho. He can still develop into a good player, but most of his buzz came from a performance against the Cavs. We are seeing that the Cavs defense is pathetic and the Spurs blew out the Cavs with Parker and Mills running the show at PG.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Beat the Warriors on Wednesday and follow up with solid performances against OKC and Memphis...then lets re-evaluate. In any case, I just hope they get their act together for the playoffs. It will take discipline and solid D to get through the playoffs - especially against Houston and GSW.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ? Korver and Shumpert didnt play due to injuries. Solid win, not great due to poor play of opponent.
    Korver and Shumpert being out is like if we were missing Simmons and Forbes due to injury.

Their big guns all played and were fine. We pushed their in. Next question?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Hold the reigns on Murray, tho. He can still develop into a good player, but most of his buzz came from a performance against the Cavs. We are seeing that the Cavs defense is pathetic and the Spurs blew out the Cavs with Parker and Mills running the show at PG.
    I think you're looking for "reins".

Rain = liquid falling, generally water from the sky
    Reign = to rule over a subject; to dominate
    Rein = an object used while horseback riding to prevent it from going too fast or out of control

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Beat the Warriors on Wednesday and follow up with solid performances against OKC and Memphis...then lets re-evaluate. In any case, I just hope they get their act together for the playoffs. It will take discipline and solid D to get through the playoffs - especially against Houston and GSW.
    OKC in OKC is always a loss for us. Memphis we should beat because it is at home.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    A win at OKC would impress me the most tbh ... the game against Golden State is important but I cannot stand getting pushed around by OKC

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Korver and Shumpert being out is like if we were missing Simmons and Forbes due to injury.

Their big guns all played and were fine. We pushed their in. Next question?
    Try again. Shumpert is a key defender for Cavs who averages 25 minutes ppg. Korver is a shooter who spreads the floor. He also averages 25 minutes ppg. Simmons averages 17 min. ppg and Forbes is at 6. The more accurate comparison would have been the Spurs missing two of Pau,TP and Green.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Any win is a good one but these Cavs are not even as good as the Wizards.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Try again. Shumpert is a key defender for Cavs who averages 25 minutes ppg. Korver is a shooter who spreads the floor. He also averages 25 minutes ppg. Simmons averages 17 min. ppg and Forbes is at 6. The more accurate comparison would have been the Spurs missing two of Pau,TP and Green.
    Which we were in our first meeting

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Korver is a ghost on defense and wasn't on last year's championship team, he's definitely not a big chess piece tbh.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think you're looking for "reins".

Rain = liquid falling, generally water from the sky
    Reign = to rule over a subject; to dominate
    Rein = an object used while horseback riding to prevent it from going too fast or out of control
    I'm not sure weather or not I should except that incite.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    reminds me of all the girls I knew in high school

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Opener gets it for me by a bit tbh. Tuned into the stream halfway through work when we were up single digits, tuned back when it was up to 20 and had to double-take.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lady Gaga Superbowl halftime IMo

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Geez. When it reins, it poors.

Shhhh... I'll be gentle. TheDoctor's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Win vs HOU (Kawhi in monster MVP mode)
    Win vs GS (Trashed KD's/Megateam night)
    Both Wins vs CLE (Outperformed LBJ both games)

Thread Information