Hill is SF

My Team
    Portland Trailblazers
    Post Count
    ooh nice numbers, glad to see a rebound

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I have been on the internets posting here much lately but I've been on the Hill wagon since before his struggles. He is from a small school, on the freaking Spurs of all teams as a rookie trying to be a .... dun dun dunnnn POINT GUARD!!

I'm excited as for Parker and Hill to be our 1-2 points and not have to rub my face anymore about backup Spurs point guards. G will be just fine.

Tim to Tony to Manu! bdictjames's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The guy has range, and can defend. Nothing more be said.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Good game for Hill.

And good to see Pop giving him minutes when TP wasn't doing well

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He hit some big three pointers in key stretches of the ball game.

A nice game from G. Hill!!!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Very good game for Hill. Like SpursTalk was saying before the game, Hill needs to be more aggressive when paired with Ginobili. He did that tonight -- both in terms of creating his own shot and knocking down looks when others created for him.

Good to see Hill bust out of his slump with a big time performance on the road

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It was great to see someone else step up when only Tim had been able to score.

It's such a relief to final have a good backup PG after 7 years.

The Most Sexy Troll on the Interwebs Hemotivo's Avatar
    My Team
    Houston Rockets
    Post Count
    this kid is great

spurs are rewarded after all the subpar pg's

unity in diversity
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    glad to see him confident again.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It was great to see someone else step up when only Tim had been able to score.

It's such a relief to final have a good backup PG after 7 years.

Kori, you said it!!

The last decent back-up PG was Speedy Claxton!!!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Hill was great

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    we need him to get more touches and be more aggressive offensively..

the main reason we need him other than the fact that he gives us more depth, is the fact that he's one of the more aggressive players on the team..he gives us a new dimension..

I'd actually like to see more lineups with Tony and Hill together, since George's so long, he can play the 2(depending on the matchup, of course)..

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    we need him to get more touches and be more aggressive offensively..

the main reason we need him other than the fact that he gives us more depth, is the fact that he's one of the more aggressive players on the team..he gives us a new dimension..
    To expand on that point, Hill needs to be aggressive because he's one of the few players on this team that gets to the line. In fact, outside of the big three, he's the only player on the team that gets to the line with any regularity.

Coming into the Heat game, he was getting to the line per minute more than anyone on the team outside of Duncan. And that's with him being passive for the last few weeks.

It wouldn't be a stretch to say Hill has the ability to get to the line at a better rate than anyone on the team. With as few free throw attempts as the Spurs are averaging, they can't afford to not use what Hill can bring to the table.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The great thing about him is his capacity to grab decisive rebounds and the spurs NEED rebounds : no need to search a young big we have George for the reb and Manu for the bloks!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    True, Hill got to the line and there weren't that many fouls called in this game. Hill finished on his drive (finally, he remembered how), he made shots 4-4. Hill made a couple of mistakes but for those comparing Chalmers with Hill, Hill had the scoring and hustle advantage tonight and in half the minutes of Chalmers.

Inthe land of audiophiles angelbelow's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    To expand on that point, Hill needs to be aggressive because he's one of the few players on this team that gets to the line. In fact, outside of the big three, he's the only player on the team that gets to the line with any regularity.

Coming into the Heat game, he was getting to the line per minute more than anyone on the team outside of Duncan. And that's with him being passive for the last few weeks.

It wouldn't be a stretch to say Hill has the ability to get to the line at a better rate than anyone on the team. With as few free throw attempts as the Spurs are averaging, they can't afford to not use what Hill can bring to the table.
    i couldnt agree more. me and my friends were watching hill play a while back and we definitely came to that conclusion too. hes like a mini/rookie version of maggette. he looks pretty well built already but if he continues to work on his body he'll be able to absorb more damage and be more confident in drawing fouls.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    George Hill needs more PT and more touches, and more plays.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    George Hill needs more PT and more touches, and more plays.
    He gets plenty of touches when he's in. But in recent weeks he's had a tendency to just pass to Manu and then run to the corner. He just needs to be a lot more aggressive like he was tonight.

The sign that Pop trusts him was tonight when the game was close and none of the big 3 were out on the floor with GHill running the show. Though it was just a couple minutes, it was good Pop can give him that.

Tonight's playing time(17 or whatever) is about the maximum he'll probably see, so it was awesome that he made the most of it.

Somehow he still ended up a minus in the +/- column - an example why I hate that stat

My Team
    Atlanta Hawks
    Post Count
    Hill's a good backup at this point, he's gunna be really good when he gets more experience. It'll be fun watching him develop

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Somehow he still ended up a minus in the +/- column - an example why I hate that stat
    couldn't agree more the +/- stat is tricky I prefer the old FG% / pts per 48 etc..

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The sign that Pop trusts him was tonight when the game was close and none of the big 3 were out on the floor with GHill running the show. Though it was just a couple minutes, it was good Pop can give him that.
    Yeah that was bad azz of Pop to do in the guts of the game. IIRC, he had Hill, Mason, Bowen, Bonner and Thomas in the fourth quarter and I think the Spurs were either 2-0 or 4-0 in that stretch.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Hill was absolute nails on defense too.

His length really really shook up Chalmers and Chalmers struggled.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah that was bad azz of Pop to do in the guts of the game. IIRC, he had Hill, Mason, Bowen, Bonner and Thomas in the fourth quarter and I think the Spurs were either 2-0 or 4-0 in that stretch.

It's because Pop is "The Most Interesting Man In The World".

Thread Information