Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yes you are an embarrassment. Why do you care what anyone else does if you’re vaccinated? Answer me that one question without going all ape calling me names.
    Goddamn, boy.

Because if people aren't vaccinated then the virus mutates, you ing idiot. That's why we're facing the Delta variant right now, which is starting to rip through the unvaccinated areas of the country. It might get worse, too -- we don't know much about it and it could affect kids. You know, I could give a about your ed-up, pathetic existence, but I do care about my family. By not getting vaccinated you're having an impact on me.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Let's not forget the j&j vaccine getting yanked. I would hardly compare these to vaccines that have decades of testing behind them.
    Like I'm getting upset by a guy naming himself after a terrorist. Do some research n if it's actually honest research it'll make ur head spin, then ur life
    LOL, that's exactly what you've asked for -- they paused it because they're seeing side effects. Goddamn what do you ing want? Just go die if you want to. Just be consistent with your views.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Missed the point. Yall are upset with anti vaxers but with crap like j&j getting pulled it's dishonest to ridicule them for being scared rather than having political motives

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Let's not forget the j&j vaccine getting yanked. I would hardly compare these to vaccines that have decades of testing behind them.
    Like I'm getting upset by a guy naming himself after a terrorist. Do some research n if it's actually honest research it'll make ur head spin, then ur life
    The J&J vaccine got yanked and then reinstated by the same exact government en y. You can't have it both ways. And it was absolutely the right thing to do, which should give you more, not less confidence that side-effects are being tracked, and there's no hesitation to put things on hold if there's a non-measured risk.

As far as the bolded, what vaccines that might be? Tuberculosis vaccine was first medically used in 1921, and was mass deployed by 1925. Polio vaccine developed in 1952, mass vaccination campaign in the US in 1955. Both of those had incidents of contaminated vaccines at some point which reduced vaccination rates and public confidence, which eventually dissipated, but we don't even have that here (the only case of contaminated vaccines was caught by QA before the vaccines left the lab, which, again, should give you more not less confidence there isn't people sleep at the wheel).

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't think it's just MAGA s or entirely political, there's a quite a bit of ignorance as well... that last group always existed in some shape or form, and always has been a minority (in a lot of ways because Darwin made sure they stayed a minority). The politicization of COVID, however, has made successful vaccination much more complicated though, that's undeniable. Simply a problem we don't need and we can't afford right now.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Reported Deaths post COVID Vaccine: Total 11,405

https://www.openvaers.com/covid-data/mortality

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lol. “It’s a maga thing”. Lol. Trump is responsible for these vaccines dumbasses. He has also pushed them. I know people that got very ill after these shots and my aunt can no longer walk after getting vaxxed. If it’s the end all be all then get your jab and leave that don’t alone. What are you so afraid of? You’re vaccinated right? The under 12 thing? Come on. Kids are largely unaffected by this virus but those teenagers that got the jab and had heart issues will never be the same.
    gotheem

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Billions have taken the vaccines. We already know plenty about what happens when you take them: they prevent you from getting Covid in large measure.

I mean, if you don't want to take it, then fine, roll the ing dice. But don't be a goddamn moron about this you're saying. It's stupid, you know it's stupid, and you're just coming up with absolute diarrhea-grade bull to cover for yourself. Just own up to it and say you don't give a about your own health or the health of people around you. Just be honest.
    What we know is that the governments and media has lied, time and time again. That's your starting point.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Reported Deaths post COVID Vaccine: Total 11,405

https://www.openvaers.com/covid-data/mortality
    That's not the VAERS site, this is:

https://vaers.hhs.gov/

But even if that's indeed the number, that's a death rate of 0.007% over all fully vaccinated people in the US (164M at this time). Or a 0.003% death rate over all persons in the US that received at least a dose.

Compare to COVID's 2% mortality rate. Vaccines work. Get your ass vaccinated.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The concept of viral vector vaccines like the J&J were introduced back in 1972. By 1982 we had successfully engineered a viral vector. The first clinical trials of viral vectors for therapeutics was in 1990. (source)

No vaccine is 100% safe and effective in all cases and all persons, that has never been the case, as it is with pretty much every other drug (and things like effectiveness rate is published and well-known).

COVID won't give you a guarantee that you're not in the 2% that die either, but a vaccine will reduce that 2% to well below 0.01% AND ensure you're not spreading the virus while you're incubating it, which can lead to new mutations.

Would be good to learn a thing or two from history as well. We largely erradicated diseases like Tuberculosis (the BCG vaccine recently turned 100 years old), Polio (first successful vaccine in 1955), etc thanks to mass vaccinations. None of those vaccines are 100% safe and effective either, but they wiped out those diseases, and nowadays, we even rarely vaccinate against them anymore. They have saved millions of lives.

So, yeah, the anti-vaxx is largely political or simply a case of ignorance. Neither is an excuse. If there wouldn't be a chance for the virus mutating and rendering vaccines less effective and having to continue to fight this due to stupidity, then I'll say go have a talk with Darwin and I couldn't care less, but unfortunately I do have to care.
    It is not Political the majority of people not getting the shot are the younger people I have a more then a few cousins that are not getting the shot cause the death rate for that group is so small. Also people still getting the Delta variant and the death rate for young kids is still less then 1% even with Delta
    Last edited by BackHome; 07-24-2021 at 08:08 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lol. “It’s a maga thing”. Lol. Trump is responsible for these vaccines dumbasses. He has also pushed them. I know people that got very ill after these shots and my aunt can no longer walk after getting vaxxed. If it’s the end all be all then get your jab and leave that don’t alone. What are you so afraid of? You’re vaccinated right? The under 12 thing? Come on. Kids are largely unaffected by this virus but those teenagers that got the jab and had heart issues will never be the same.
    And...here's that anecdote guy that always pops in with absolute buffoonery. Yes, anecdotally, each one of the things you mentioned happens. But where the rubber hits the road, **statistically**, if you aren't vaccinated you're far likelier to get sick, be hospitalized, and die.

You hate to see it...Darwinism is a .

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    3-4 years better than months...but today those vaccines now have decades behind them n we take them without flinching

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It is not Political the majority of people not getting the shot are the younger people I have a more then a few cousins that are not getting the shot cause the death rate for that group is so small. Also people still getting the Delta variant and the death rate for young kids is still less then 1% even with Delta
    Even if the death rate is small, they're carriers of the virus, which is extremely problematic for two reasons: 1) they can spread it to immunocompromised or high risk unvaccinated adults/young people (some that might not be able to take the vaccine due to those conditions), and 2) gives the virus the possibility of mutating, which renders current vaccines less effective and opens the door for taking steps back and extending the pandemic and ruining it for everyone (see Delta). I would totally be on board with skipping vaccination on young people if those two things were not a factor.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    3-4 years better than months...but today those vaccines now have decades behind them n we take them without flinching
    It simply exemplifies that what you're demanding is completely unreasonable. You requested, I quote, "5,10,15 yrs" and "guarantees". It's all nonsense, almost no prior vaccine meets that criteria.
    Some of this stuff has been on research for the past 30+ years, it wasn't invented last November. Technology has been refined enough to actually make them viable now.
    Even with emergency authorizations, all of these vaccines had to go through 3-stage human trials.

And frankly, the next mass-produced vaccine that kills more people than the disease itself will be the first.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The concept of viral vector vaccines like the J&J were introduced back in 1972. By 1982 we had successfully engineered a viral vector. The first clinical trials of viral vectors for therapeutics was in 1990. (source)

No vaccine is 100% safe and effective in all cases and all persons, that has never been the case, as it is with pretty much every other drug (and things like effectiveness rate is published and well-known).

COVID won't give you a guarantee that you're not in the 2% that die either, but a vaccine will reduce that 2% to well below 0.01% AND ensure you're not spreading the virus while you're incubating it, which can lead to new mutations.

Would be good to learn a thing or two from history as well. We largely erradicated diseases like Tuberculosis (the BCG vaccine recently turned 100 years old), Polio (first successful vaccine in 1955), etc thanks to mass vaccinations. None of those vaccines are 100% safe and effective either, but they wiped out those diseases, and nowadays, we even rarely vaccinate against them anymore. They have saved millions of lives.

So, yeah, the anti-vaxx is largely political or simply a case of ignorance. Neither is an excuse. If there wouldn't be a chance for the virus mutating and rendering vaccines less effective and having to continue to fight this due to stupidity, then I'll say go have a talk with Darwin and I couldn't care less, but unfortunately I do have to care.
    Word salad.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Then it'll be time to move the goalposts again
    Next up is checking for the Bill Gates chip and pieces of bamboo in the ingredients.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Next up is checking for the Bill Gates chip and pieces of bamboo in the ingredients.
    That's only the 500th time you've told that joke.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That's not the VAERS site, this is:

https://vaers.hhs.gov/

But even if that's indeed the number, that's a death rate of 0.007% over all fully vaccinated people in the US (164M at this time). Or a 0.003% death rate over all persons in the US that received at least a dose.

Compare to COVID's 2% mortality rate. Vaccines work. Get your ass vaccinated.
    1. The site I provided is based on the information pulled from the VAERS site, which buries the information and makes it difficult fir the general public to access… typical for government websites.
    2. Your 2% fatality rate is overstated since there is no way to determine the huge number of people who have contracted very mild cases and were never tested. In fact, I think I had a very, very mild case back in January, but I can’t get tested because I’m not currently sick.
    3. Finally, I have elected to be vaccinated (albeit very reluctantly and only after much research) but that’s only because of my age and a couple of co-morbidities. There no good reason for young, fit & healthy young people to take the vaccine unless they’re living with older parents or grandparents that cannot take the vaccine for some reason.

PS - The current vaccines have a much higher level of serious and potentially deadly side effects than typically previously approved (FDA) vaccines. That’s why they’re still under emergency use approval. If the manufacturers had more time, it’s highly likely they would have been able to eliminate or minimize the adverse reactions.
    Last edited by OldMan88; 07-25-2021 at 11:53 AM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    1. The site I provided is based on the information pulled from the VAERS site, which buries the information and makes it difficult fir the general public to access… typical for government websites.
    The problem is that cherry-picking information to drive a narrative is pretty easy. The official VAERS site is actually not very difficult to navigate, and would've been more serious for a site like that to also publish how the death rate of COVID vaccine compare to other vaccines incidents, for example (something I've done, and it's patently clear why it's not done in that site). It's also important to understand the quality of VAERS data, which they make clear when you download it:

Key considerations and limitations of VAERS data:
    - Vaccine providers are encouraged to report any clinically significant health problem following vaccination to VAERS, whether or not they believe the vaccine was the cause.
    - Reports may include incomplete, inaccurate, coincidental and unverified information.
    - The number of reports alone cannot be interpreted or used to reach conclusions about the existence, severity, frequency, or rates of problems associated with vaccines.

2. Your 2% fatality rate is overstated since there is no way to determine the huge number of people who have contracted very mild cases and were never tested. In fact, I think I had a very, very mild case back in January, but I can’t get tested because I’m not currently sick.
    This implies that coroners, doctors, universities that track fatalities, etc, around the world coordinated to misrepresent fatality rates, which is insanity. And the 2% is likely understated, since we know in a lot of countries (ie: Italy, Spain, India) COVID caused the collapse of health systems, which in turn caused more deaths indirectly due to COVID. Obviously those people didn't have COVID and were not counted as such, but all things being equal, without the pandemic they're likely to get care and not die.

3. Finally, I have elected to be vaccinated (albeit very reluctantly and only after much research) but that’s only because of my age and a couple of co-morbidities. There no good reason for young, fit & healthy young people to take the vaccine unless they’re living with older parents or grandparents that cannot take the vaccine for some reason.
    Good for you that you got vaccinated. The rest was already discussed, and you're overlooking mutations, which are affecting us right now.

PS - The current vaccines have a much higher level of serious and potentially deadly side effects than typically previously approved (FDA) vaccines. That’s why they’re still under emergency use approval. If the manufacturers had more time, it’s highly likely they would have been able to eliminate or minimize the adverse reactions.
    Source for the bolded? I looked at the VAERS data for this ~3 months ago, and it didn't back this up.

I don't dispute that longer time could've provided more rigorous testing and that would've been preferable to emergency use. However, we had an emergency in our hands, and when you have thousands of people dying per day, time is a luxury you might not have. Also, the notion they could've been able to eliminate or minimize adverse effects is pure speculation. These vaccines are extremely safe and in line with other vaccines. ie: the Polio vaccine is much riskier as a very small amount of people can actually get Polio from the vaccine. After 60 years, that's still the case. The hope is actually new tech like mRNA can improve those vaccines.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No need to listen to psychotic Blue Santa gs and his alts about how you're killing grandma.
    It's all BS. And furthermore, you're subjecting yourself to possibly destroying your health and livelihood.

https://worldstarhiphop.com/videos/v...v96sJqxVD7uJ6r

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Well, CDC pretty much came out and admitted the COVID death statistics were tack ons to the real reasons in something like 96 percent of cases. The ones they're saying is solo is just fraud for the money they're getting paid. Health care providers getting paid $33K for every COVID death; of course, admins are going to make up numbers.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Did derp get to the part where 9/11 was an inside job, and how the Nazis were the good guys yet?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    And...here's that anecdote guy that always pops in with absolute buffoonery. Yes, anecdotally, each one of the things you mentioned happens. But where the rubber hits the road, **statistically**, if you aren't vaccinated you're far likelier to get sick, be hospitalized, and die.

You hate to see it...Darwinism is a .
    I already had it. Something like 20-30 members of my family and extended family did. Some old and with risk factors and all of them got over it.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ElCopo DeNieve casting aspersions. Sad.

Thread Information