Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Another undersized guard, smh...

https://www.cbssports.com/nba/news/n...e-draft-order/

18 Spurs
    Khyri Thomas | Creighton | Jr | SG
    Thomas is a two-time Big East Defensive Player of the Year -- one who used a 6-11 wingspan on a 6-3 frame to get into passing lanes and, in other ways, just make things difficult on opposing guards. He averaged 15.5 points and shot 41.1 percent from 3-point range as a junior. So anybody looking for a 3-and-D wing should give the Omaha native a serious look.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Was there ever one that they were right about with the Spurs pick? Ever? Nope

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If I remember correctly last year someone picked Derrick White.

My Girl's a Hooper keithington1's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He's a great value Avery Bradley. I don't think he will be BPA

Three And Counting ...
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I say we trade our second round pick to move up in the first round, maybe up to 12

Done with the NBA
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I need draftexpress to play armchair gm

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Mmm hope we get another undersized sg to backup 50 mills

Shhhh... I'll be gentle. TheDoctor's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Another undersized guard, smh...

https://www.cbssports.com/nba/news/n...e-draft-order/

18 Spurs
    Khyri Thomas | Creighton | Jr | SG
    Thomas is a two-time Big East Defensive Player of the Year -- one who used a 6-11 wingspan on a 6-3 frame to get into passing lanes and, in other ways, just make things difficult on opposing guards. He averaged 15.5 points and shot 41.1 percent from 3-point range as a junior. So anybody looking for a 3-and-D wing should give the Omaha native a serious look.
    no. What’s with people wanting undersized players for the Spurs?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    6'3''? no thanks

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You heard it here 1st:

I am officially entering the 2018 NBA draft: 35 Yr old, little to no athleticism, decent mid range shooter, w/ deadly 3-pt accuracy & a 5'9 frame.. I am not even listed in the top 500, but i would be a perfect SPUR according to 1 of my best buds who plays at a local outdoor park..

Pronouns: Your/Dad TheGreatYacht's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

"Who said I couldn't get Paul and Khyri?"

My lord and savior. I always believed in you

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    yeah, i saw the 6'11" wingspan and thought cool. then i saw 6'3" frame and thought meh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

"Who said I couldn't get Paul and Khyri?"

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Man...I would rather them jump on Z Smith if he makes it to them.

tangina ka, though FireMicoHalili's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Can’t recall who but someone picked Milutinov and was correct

Done with the NBA
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If I remember correctly last year someone picked Derrick White.
    http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=268600

I predicted White last year. Post #3 in this thread:

This is my prediction for the Spurs tbh. Nice gritty journey. His upside should be better than a normal 23yo because he is a late bloomer. He came out of high school at 6ft. Pretty solid all around.

My Girl's a Hooper keithington1's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If he had the athleticism of Donavan Mitc I'd be interested but he doesn't

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So wait. Who will we draft in the first round as the projected steal of the player everyone projected to be picked in the 2nd round?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I wouldn't call a 6'3'' guard, with a 6'11'' wingspan, who weights 210, small. If they're supposedly interested in Bradley, it stands to reason they could have interest in another 3 and D guard.

Not saying I necessarily want him or would do this, but for those who'd complain about a guard being drafted with 3 straight 1sts, they could draft him or another one and shop Murray or White to fill a need elsewhere. Everything should be under consideration, especially in the back court, which is both terrible and ill-fitting.

For an organization as conservative as this one, I'd be shocked to see anything outside the box though. I'm sure they'll draft their typical type (Jontay Porter looks and plays the part) and call it a day.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I wouldn't call a 6'3'' guard, with a 6'11'' wingspan, who weights 210, small. If they're supposedly interested in Bradley, it stands to reason they could have interest in another 3 and D guard.

Not saying I necessarily want him or would do this, but for those who'd complain about a guard being drafted with 3 straight 1sts, they could draft him or another one and shop Murray or White to fill a need elsewhere. Everything should be under consideration, especially in the back court, which is both terrible and ill-fitting.

For an organization as conservative as this one, I'd be shocked to see anything outside the box though. I'm sure they'll draft their typical type (Jontay Porter looks and plays the part) and call it a day.
    I hate Jontay Porter. I hope they pass on him. Yeah he can shoot, but he lacks explosion, he seems soft to me. He can pass out of the PnR short roll and find the open man on the weakside but hes very bland overall. The ceiling is not there with him. He reminds me of best case Josh McRoberts but McRoberts had better athleticism and was more dynamic coming into the league.

These guys though.

Zhaire Smith
    Kevin Knox
    Lonnie Walker
    Troy Brown Jr.
    Mitc Robinson

Any of those 5 and I'm pretty happy.
    Last edited by MaNu4Tres; 05-15-2018 at 05:48 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Agreed. People seem to just be focusing on his height, his length rivals that of Kawhi-potentially allowing him to cover some 3's, depending on his body type and strength as well as both guard spots. He's also a solid and consistent 3pt shooter, shooting 39% on a pretty good amount of attempts over three seasons of college ball.

It would be a safe pick and he's nearly 22 so probably little upside but not a bad one necessarily, even with Murray and White already on the roster. But would prefer a big, however.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I hate Jontay Porter. I hope they pass on him. Yeah he can shoot, but he lacks explosion, he seems soft to me. He can pass out of the PnR short roll and find the open man on the weakside but hes very bland overall. The ceiling is not there with him. He reminds me of best case Josh McRoberts but McRoberts had better athleticism and was more dynamic coming into the league.

These guys though.

Zhaire Smith
    Kevin Knox
    Lonnie Walker
    Troy Brown Jr.
    Mitc Robinson

Any of those 5 and I'm pretty happy.
    He also lacks a position defensively. Not mobile enough to defend PFs (which are now mostly converted SFs or combo forwards) and not long enough to play C. Even an All-Star caliber player like Love is an awkward fit in today's game for that same reason.

Brown Jr. is the only one I could see them drafting. Knox and Walker aren't projected to be available at 18 and Robinson seems anti Spurs material. Can't pinpoint anything with Smith, just can't envision it.

Agreed. People seem to just be focusing on his height, his length rivals that of Kawhi-potentially allowing him to cover some 3's, depending on his body type and strength as well as both guard spots. He's also a solid and consistent 3pt shooter, shooting 39% on a pretty good amount of attempts over three seasons of college ball.

It would be a safe pick and he's nearly 22 so probably little upside but not a bad one necessarily, even with Murray and White already on the roster. But would prefer a big, however.

Not seeing an intriguing big, outside of Robinson, whose probably a no go for them, projected to be available at 18 or that wouldn't be a reach.

Brown Jr. could make sense, so long as they're confident in his developing into a respectable or better shooter. Perimeter size and play making are significant issues going forward.
    Last edited by TD 21; 05-15-2018 at 06:15 PM.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Have they done the order yet? Can’t seem to find it

Pronouns: Your/Dad TheGreatYacht's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Have they done the order yet? Can’t seem to find it
    1. Suns
    2. Kings
    3. Hawks
    4. Grizzlies
    5. Mavs (LOL)
    6. Magic
    7. Bulls
    8. Cavs
    9. Knicks
    10. Sixers
    11. Hornets
    12. Clippers
    13. Clippers
    14. Nuggets

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    IIRC, DX was right about us picking James Anderson in 2010.

Thread Information