Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    https://www.spurstalk.com/luka-saman...e-development/

The Gist: The skill and potential is definitely there but it's not a sure thing that he puts it all together.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I thought he made some pretty good reads with the ball. Showed decent enough foot speed to stay in front of quicker guys, even though he looked lost a few times on rotations & has definitely added muscle since he was drafted.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Imo the most important thing for samanic is his motor.

He looks lazy sometimes and needs to be more focused, with a better effort.

Other than that all the tools are there.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lottery pick tools with a 2nd round pick effort/motor. Tbh you could have said the same about Jokic entering the league, so hopefully he puts it all together.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Hopefully we see more of him and Keldon tonight against the Cavs, love to see them get more time.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Thanks for the article. Samanic would've been an easier pill to swallow at 29 instead of 19. He would’ve still been available there. Hopefully the FO makes better choices with our picks this year.

half man half amazing
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not a good pick at 19. His future depends on whether he can shoot. Unfortunately, he can't.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    any combination of Keldon / Bazley (would have been my choice, if possible) / Little and Paschall would give the team versatility and toughness in positions 3 and 4 for several years for sure, but now we just need to root for the boy.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    any combination of Keldon / Bazley (would have been my choice, if possible) / Little and Paschall would give the team versatility and toughness in positions 3 and 4 for several years for sure, but now we just need to root for the boy.
    Why the is Little still on anyone's minds? Dude is a dud and went from having starter minutes (contributing very little) to garbage time on the Blazers.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Why the is Little still on anyone's minds? Dude is a dud and went from having starter minutes (contributing very little) to garbage time on the Blazers.
    Yes, it is a bad stage to be in at the moment, but two levels above Luka's stage, who due to lack of engine would also not be playing in any of the other teams. Unlike the Keldon case (this is just another Spurs error), in which the kid should already be playing, and he would have playing time on 29 other teams (varying according to the team level and the depth of the position).

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Imo the most important thing for samanic is his motor.

He looks lazy sometimes and needs to be more focused, with a better effort.

Other than that all the tools are there.
    He should be forced to watch reruns of Rodman with every lackluster effort.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    These ty articles probably written from an Austin Spurs fan.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Or, Brandon Clarke and Kevin Porter.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    his shooting sucks but his form looks smooth

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not a good pick at 19. His future depends on whether he can shoot. Unfortunately, he can't.
    Wouldn't say he can't shoot. He's shooting 32% on 4.3 attempts per game. Thats actually not bad and certainly doesn't suggest that he can't improve.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Why is it so hard for dudes to grasp everyone isn’t a prodigy? Give this kid some time to get comfortable..... most people need development time. Patience ��

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yes, it is a bad stage to be in at the moment, but two levels above Luka's stage, who due to lack of engine would also not be playing in any of the other teams. Unlike the Keldon case (this is just another Spurs error), in which the kid should already be playing, and he would have playing time on 29 other teams (varying according to the team level and the depth of the position).
    It hasn't even been a full year and you're already labeling Luka a bust? LOL, WTF? From day one PATFO stated that Šamanić was a project and probably won't be receiving a lot of playing time with the parent club.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It hasn't even been a full year and you're already labeling Luka a bust? LOL, WTF? From day one PATFO stated that Šamanić was a project and probably won't be receiving a lot of playing time with the parent club.
    cmon man, I never said that and i made it clear that I was talking about the current moment, although, even if Luka becomes the new Dirk, he was not my option with the 19 pick.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    cmon man, I never said that and i made it clear that I was talking about the current moment, although, even if Luka becomes the new Dirk, he was not my option with the 19 pick.
    I misunderstood you then, my bad.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Spurs front office has done it again!!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lottery pick tools with a 2nd round pick effort/motor. Tbh you could have said the same about Jokic entering the league, so hopefully he puts it all together.
    Yeah - agree. Something about him bugs me and it’s not his skillset...Hard to imagine a guy like that making it unless there is a big change in mindset.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not to mention the fact that he's a coke head who was busted while at UNC, and rolled over on his boys so it would be kept quiet and he could go to the NBA. Little is pure trash, and won't be in the NBA after his rookie deal.

Teams are actually learning about druggies. GS once asked Dean Smith about ACC player (NC State) Chris Washburn, another coke head, and Smith said that he wouldn't even draft him at all. GS pulled the trigger at #3 overall, and he only played 72 games total for his NBA career.

You Are Not Worthy ZeusWillJudge's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    When you're winning 50+ games every season, and always a contender to go deep into the playoffs, you can afford to draft a project. When you're struggling to squeeze into a tie for 8th seed, and are on the decline, you can't afford to draft projects. Samanic was always a project, even by the most optimistic standards. Unless he turns into Dirk Nowitzki, he was a stupid pick for the Spurs. It's likely that he was a stupid pick AND a wasted pick, because he's not going to turn into a star. This article talks about his interior defense being "a work in progress", he has "advanced post-up moves" but isn't likely to become a dominant post player, his shooting is spotty, and he "hasn't shed the label that he is an inconsistent player. The video of his "quick first step" could only be considered quick in the G-League. So, basically, if he improves everything, he'll be better.

Samanic looks like a guy who took up a sport because he wanted to get laid, but couldn't play the guitar. He doesn't look like a guy who is busting his balls in the gym every night because he's so driven to become the best.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    When you're winning 50+ games every season, and always a contender to go deep into the playoffs, you can afford to draft a project. When you're struggling to squeeze into a tie for 8th seed, and are on the decline, you can't afford to draft projects. Samanic was always a project, even by the most optimistic standards. Unless he turns into Dirk Nowitzki, he was a stupid pick for the Spurs. It's likely that he was a stupid pick AND a wasted pick, because he's not going to turn into a star. This article talks about his interior defense being "a work in progress", he has "advanced post-up moves" but isn't likely to become a dominant post player, his shooting is spotty, and he "hasn't shed the label that he is an inconsistent player. The video of his "quick first step" could only be considered quick in the G-League. So, basically, if he improves everything, he'll be better.

Samanic looks like a guy who took up a sport because he wanted to get laid, but couldn't play the guitar. He doesn't look like a guy who is busting his balls in the gym every night because he's so driven to become the best.
    In 4 years he might be as good as Ilyasova. Oh wow. So worth it. Definitely worth passing up on other guys who could've contributed immediately for years.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    In 4 years he might be as good as Ilyasova. Oh wow. So worth it. Definitely worth passing up on other guys who could've contributed immediately for years.
    it seems to me another case Bryn Forbes, he doesn't play because of the supposed spacing he provides (we could find 100 guys in the nba who could provide the same thing with more size and strength), Forbes plays because Pop likes him, just like that. Samanic was drafted because someone with strength in the front office simply likes the guy, by any measure possible (ceiling, skills, ability to make an immediate contribution, ease of adaptation, etc.) had several players available at the time of choice.

Thread Information