Page 6 of 23 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    People dont want to admit it, but Lyles' trade value has gone up recently. Hes proving to be a valuable piece.

Keldon is the same height as DeMar. DeMar can be the Richard Jefferson to Keldon's Kawhi. Addition by subtraction even if you lose him for nothing. Or package him with Lyles for a vet.

Keldon's going to be a star in the mold of Harden. Ive been saying it since he got drafted. He is going to be a more defensive version of Harden, obviously not as good offensively but similar ways to score.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    THEN WHY THE DIDNT WE GET SOMETHING IN TRADE instead of letting him just walk for free....meaning we got nothing for losing kawhi and danny green
    We got Keldon

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yes, we traded Kawhi and DG for KJ. Was that an excellent deal? Not KJ’s fault but the FO sucks.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    People dont want to admit it, but Lyles' trade value has gone up recently. Hes proving to be a valuable piece.

Keldon is the same height as DeMar. DeMar can be the Richard Jefferson to Keldon's Kawhi. Addition by subtraction even if you lose him for nothing. Or package him with Lyles for a vet.

Keldon's going to be a star in the mold of Harden. Ive been saying it since he got drafted. He is going to be a more defensive version of Harden, obviously not as good offensively but similar ways to score.
    I hope KJ can improve his jump shot a little bit. If so, he might be a solid backup SG for us. No more Marco or Patty.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Good. Leave.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yes, we traded Kawhi and DG for KJ. Was that an excellent deal? Not KJ’s fault but the FO sucks.
    You forgot Poetl who has pretty good potential too and can be a foundational piece for a team.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    LMA can get the out too tbh

You Are Not Worthy ZeusWillJudge's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If Spurs let him walk then that Kawhi/Derozen trade will go down as the worst trade of all time

It's called sunk costs. The deal is done, nothing they can do about that now. They can either move on, or waste even more seasons trying to make that past deal look better. Companies die from throwing more and more resources at their bad decisions, mostly because management doesn't want to look like they made a mistake.

When you've dug yourself into a hole... stop digging.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's called sunk costs. The deal is done, nothing they can do about that now. They can either move on, or waste even more seasons trying to make that past deal look better. Companies die from throwing more and more resources at their bad decisions, mostly because management doesn't want to look like they made a mistake.

This. Do you keep paying a salary or salaries of a player or players who keep getting less talented, just to keep some asset on the books from that trade? I think the Spurs offering an extension that they probably knew he would turn down is just a smokescreen to pave the way for him to leave.

My though was never that the Spurs were building around DD/LMA, but that they were a bridge to the future, when the kids are ready, to keep in playoff mode. That's out the window now. Time to move on. Let DD walk, and flip LMA for decent short contracts, and a first rounder, back to Portland.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Agreed, when KL is determine to leave the Spurs is destined to be on the losing end. At least we have KJ and Poeltl still with us, or at least KJ if Poeltl was priced out. We do not have to justify bad deal with a worse deal.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Now for the bad news DDR said it's not true.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Now for the bad news DDR said it's not true.
    Link or source?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    TBH, guys, this is a totally FA class. DeRozan is never going to have a better opportunity to get a multi-year deal at a higher salary than his one-year opt in price. If he did say that, he probably did the Spurs a favor, just letting them know where he stands.

I still don't know if he even said it, though. Looks like Chris B. Haynes made the comment last night, and a bunch of other people picked up on it. Why would Chris B. Haynes know and no one else? I also saw someone covering the Nets say that "a source close to DeRozan" said so, but he was speculating that DDR will go to the Nets. Rumors worth about what you pay for them.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    TBH, guys, this is a totally FA class. DeRozan is never going to have a better opportunity to get a multi-year deal at a higher salary than his one-year opt in price. If he did say that, he probably did the Spurs a favor, just letting them know where he stands.

I still don't know if he even said it, though. Looks like Chris B. Haynes made the comment last night, and a bunch of other people picked up on it. Why would Chris B. Haynes know and no one else? I also saw someone covering the Nets say that "a source close to DeRozan" said so, but he was speculating that DDR will go to the Nets. Rumors worth about what you pay for them.
    well, my previous scenario would be to send Aldrige to Brooklyn, getting something for Demar would be even better, if they really acquired another perimeter star*, Spencer or Levert would probably go to SA (with Taurean + salaries).

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    i saw that too, i believe he said it after the game

though it could be true but he's just downplaying it

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    well, my previous scenario would be to send Aldrige to Brooklyn, getting something for Demar would be even better, if they really acquired another perimeter star*, Spencer or Levert would probably go to SA (with Taurean + salaries).

I can't imagine why anyone would send the Spurs a better player in exchange for DDR. And if DeRozan were to opt in, nobody is going to give up a of a lot for a one year rental on him. So the oly way to get anything would be a S&T, and the very best case there would be taking someone's bad contract, in order to possibly get another player they might use.

That's why I mentioned Horford and Thybulle. The Sixers are sick, and Horford's contract is looking bad right now. He doesn't fit with Embiid, and they need to spin him and try to get someone else. No - they HAVE to move him, because they are clearly going to build around Embiid. Thybulle has been a good defender, but not getting a lot of offensive production (as expected in his first year). I THINK that those two could offset an extended DDR in a sign and trade - I'm pretty sure the numbers could be worked out with some ballast, no matter what.

I think that's what "getting something in exchange for DDR" means (at best). It doesn't mean taking on 3-4 desirable mid-tier players. It means taking on at least one big contract to balance salaries, and that big contract isn't going to be someone better than DDR. The Horford/Thybulle deal is probably wishful thinking, but that is by far as good as it gets.

If he really is going to opt out if he doesn't get a multi-year extension? Letting him walk is probably the best option.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Enjoy New York, DeMar!

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    DeMar DeRozan, on report during TNT broadcast he would opt out this summer if he and the Spurs don't come to an agreement on an extension: "Did my momma say it? Then don't listen to it."

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I can't imagine why anyone would send the Spurs a better player in exchange for DDR. ...

Yeah, that's hard to picture. However, it isn't really a question of "better than DDR," but rather "better for the Spurs." On that basis there are more possibilities.

The Spurs need:

A starting-quality center, as LMA's career approaches its end.

A starting-quality power forward, as Gay's career, ditto.

A genuine NBA-quality small forward.

Getting any of those for DDR would probably help the team, even if the player, himself, is not "better than DDR" at scoring.

And if DeRozan were to opt in, nobody is going to give up a of a lot for a one year rental on him. ...

There wouldn't be anything stopping another team from negotiating their own deal with him. But yes, if DDR opts in, the Spurs will have him for the entire season, almost certainly. That's unless the Spurs' whole approach to trades changes dramatically under a new head coach.

That's why I mentioned Horford and Thybulle. The Sixers are sick, and Horford's contract is looking bad right now. ...

Horford is an interesting possibility, but he'll be 34 at the start of next season. Youth would be better. Then, I suspect the 76ers want long-range shooting, which would rule out dumbass DDR for them. The idiot would rather sit in a Jack-in-the-box parking lot all night than try a 3pt shot.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You forgot Poetl who has pretty good potential too and can be a foundational piece for a team.
    The spurs are not going to match the offers that he’ll get. So all that’s left is KJ.

I’ve stated my thoughts on Poetl before, guess I should’ve included that again in my comment.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Oh you DIDNT SAY that
    He did.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I hope KJ can improve his jump shot a little bit. If so, he might be a solid backup SG for us. No more Marco or Patty.
    He's ALREADY the best SG we have currently, as advertised.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah, that's hard to picture. However, it isn't really a question of "better than DDR," but rather "better for the Spurs." On that basis there are more possibilities.

Edit: I didn't notice who I was trying to talk to. You're the one that's been making the fake quotes under DPG's name, like that's a cute thing to do? I'm not going to try to seriously talk hoops with anyone who does that. Just stop it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Edit: I didn't notice who I was trying to talk to. You're the one that's been making the fake quotes under DPG's name, like that's a cute thing to do? I'm not going to try to seriously talk hoops with anyone who does that. Just stop it.

Oh, DPG just wanted to fuss. He wasn't honestly trying to talk basketball, so I didn't either. And like you always talk basketball, har har.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Nope. What DPG posted was a lie.

Thread Information