Page 28 of 34 FirstFirst ... 18242526272829303132 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Thanks, but you just made my point. Read that list of players you mentioned again - Ryan Hollins, Glen Davis, Austin Rivers. The first one is a clown who played in the NBA because he was 7 ft tall (thats all). Big Baby had his moments with the Celtics, but was an overrated diva who ate his way out of the league and the third dude thinks he is en led because of his dad and is an average journeyman. All three of these folks will have problems with a hard-nosed compe or who will call them out for oafishness/ en lement/ mediocrity.

CP3 has his flaws - his overbearing at ude sometimes translates to some hilarious clutch mistakes, but no one can doubt his compe iveness and high basketball IQ. Heck, he could have been a good Spur if he had not made the choice to go to the Rockets.
    I agree with the assessment, but Chris Paul lost his team the second he made that stupid dumbass flopping turnover against Westbrook. To me, that's the stupidest super star play in NBA history bc the dude was 90 feet away from the basket and tried to do a 3 point full court shot flop

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So Houston will have 2 of the 3 guys with the highest percentage of time walking or standing on the court from last year--Harden and Wall. Are they going to run the pick-n-stand? At least we won't be watching those games.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So Houston will have 2 of the 3 guys with the highest percentage of time walking or standing on the court from last year--Harden and Wall. Are they going to run the pick-n-stand? At least we won't be watching those games.
    Wall won't make them better Russ did, that's for sure.

Harden will probably be in New Jersey soon anyway. Although I don't see Sean Marks pulling a Steve Ballmer and giving up the entire future of the franchise to get him. Harden will have to make himself so much of a distraction that Houston is happy to pull the ripcord for whatever scraps they can get back, ala the Spurs and Kawhi. The Harden fire sale.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurms are the dumbest FO in the League for DECADES.... now.... when in comes to understanding the cap or getting players and assets.
    Getting a guy who hasn't played in two years under a max contract in exchange for a guy that many still consider an elite talent can't exactly be categorized as a win.

If this were the Spurs deal you'd be complaining about how dumb of a move it was by our FO. Pop could sign baby Jesus to run the point and you'd complain about our new guard's character issues.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Getting a guy who hasn't played in two years under a max contract in exchange for a guy that many still consider an elite talent can't exactly be categorized as a win.

If this were the Spurs deal you'd be complaining about how dumb of a move it was by our FO. Pop could sign baby Jesus to run the point and you'd complain about our new guard's character issues.
    SpursTalk pathology, tbh

Remember Cherokee Parks The Truth #6's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Agree with this. CP3 is a great player. However, the issue with him is injuries.
    I admit that CP3 is the better of those 3 players. But as you said there are injuries. I will add: a history of choking, a ridiculously overpriced contract, and at least in my opinion, others might not share it, he is a dirty little ho that I would not want on my team.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Most likely, it ends up lose-lose but it's a sensible trade.

I actually prefer it for the Rockets. Even though Wall is a virtual unknown at this point, he's 2 years younger and has a higher basketball IQ, so he probably has a better chance to age gracefully, relatively speaking. He's also a better (though still subpar) catch and shoot 3-point shooter, which makes him a better fit to play off of Harden in the interim.

In general, they've actually has a solid off season, it's just been obscured by all the drama.

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

I actually prefer it for the Rockets. Even though Wall is a virtual unknown at this point, he's 2 years younger and has a higher basketball IQ, so he probably has a better chance to age gracefully, relatively speaking. He's also a better (though still subpar) catch and shoot 3-point shooter, which makes him a better fit to play off of Harden in the interim.

In general, they've actually has a solid off season, it's just been obscured by all the drama.
    Disagree that Wall is an unknown. He tore his achilles and became a fat bas , he's the worst contract in the league and it's not even close.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So Rockets traded Chris Paul and 4 picks (2 swaps) for Westbrook and then got back a player who hasn't played in 2 years and 1 conditional pick that could well turn into 2 second round picks. All this in a year's work. Are you trying to present this as a win for Houston somehow?

Two untradable contracts got traded for each other, that's all.
    No, it merely shows that any contract can be moved in this league. I would rather have one legged Wall than two legged Westbrick. Plus they got a pick. I probably would give the W to Houston.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Disagree that Wall is an unknown. He tore his achilles and became a fat bas , he's the worst contract in the league and it's not even close.
    Unknown in the sense that he hasn't played in 2 years. He's obviously an albatross and past his prime, but I like his chances of transitioning into a useful role player better than Wesbtrook's.

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Unknown in the sense that he hasn't played in 2 years. He's obviously an albatross and past his prime, but I like his chances of transitioning into a useful role player better than Wesbtrook's.
    I don't. Torn achilles + fat + bad at ude + questionable work ethic + never being that great a player before injury all work against him. Westbrook may be a cancer but I don't think anyone would ever accuse him of being a lazy ass just there to cash his check. And Westbrook won't be a role player in DC, he's the franchise.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

5 pound 7 ounce baby Jesus? Never mind the character issues, I don't like the measurables.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm pretty sure I saw a few recent pics of old boy and he ain't fat no more. He looked ripped.
    Now, can he ball like he used to and not get injured again? That's up in the air, for sure.
    And IIRC, he was basically a lesser version of Westbrook before anyways.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't. Torn achilles + fat + bad at ude + questionable work ethic + never being that great a player before injury all work against him. Westbrook may be a cancer but I don't think anyone would ever accuse him of being a lazy ass just there to cash his check. And Westbrook won't be a role player in DC, he's the franchise.
    He's back in shape and has generally raised his level of play in the playoffs. By the way, Westbrook has had I believe 4 knee surgeries, quad issues and Covid 19.

I'm sure in Westbrook's delusional mind he'll be the franchise, but in reality it'll be Beal.

That's the problem with Westbrook. Doesn't have the mentality or game to age gracefully.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I remember that Westbrick try for the game winner vs Spurs-pull up for the win- off the top of the backboard and off the shot clock. Lol

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    John Wall at his best was completely inconsequential in the league, important only in a small unlikely region that mattered nothing elsewhere. Westbrook is a chucking weirdo fiend, but he was at least good and threatened to actually win things.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spot on

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Wall never did jack in Washington, plus now he's coming off major injury. Rockets need a total redesign, although I doubt Harden will back out of his 'I get to do 99% of everything' role. What a mess.

Washington getting Westbrook is great for them. Gets an appealing player without many expectations in an eternally weak conference.
    Either way I think. Not a huge fan of any of those teams or players. Every failing dynasty or top tier team that starts to fade really makes me think of how good we had it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Except for the fact he isn't fat anymore, but carry on!

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That at ude right there illustrates the problem. Chuckbrook is to old to be the franchise in DC. Beal is the franchise. If Chucky tries to be the franchise, he will destroy that team.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Pop could sign baby Jesus to run the point and you'd complain about our new guard's character issues.
    He should have signed Baby Yoda anyway. At least he doesn't offer the other cheek when being hit.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Wall has NEVER been as good as Russ!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lots of former teammates have had issues with Paul even beyond those you mentioned. Ryan Hollins, Glen Davis, Austin Rivers, the list goes on. I'm not out to assassinate Paul's character but the list is pretty long. And I don't think he's a clown like Dwight Howard. He's just a hard ass, that some don't like.
    Well coming from those clowns it doesn'T mean much

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Well coming from those clowns it doesn'T mean much
    i love how people pretend to take Austin Rivers words seriously. Dude was only in the league bc of his daddy and he still believes that he is as good as anybody else in the league. He says it's that at ude that keeps him in the league, but that at ude only works for actual elite players. OTOH role players actually have to find their strengths and weaknesses and play according to those.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    i love how people pretend to take Austin Rivers words seriously. Dude was only in the league bc of his daddy and he still believes that he is as good as anybody else in the league. He says it's that at ude that keeps him in the league, but that at ude only works for actual elite players. OTOH role players actually have to find their strengths and weaknesses and play according to those.
    Stephen Jackson comes to mind. Jonathon Simmons, too.

Thread Information