Chicago Bulls
    College
    Florida State Seminoles
    How was the Grammys?

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    How was the Grammys?
    I actually watched the whole thing. First time I've done that in a while. And it was terrible for the most part. The sound was awful on several of the performances. And I didn't really care for most of the performers anyway and didn't know half of the nominees.

Alicia Keys is a great host for this and had a good song. H.E.R. had a cool performance. And the Gary Clark Jr. / Roots thing was good.

Veteran
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    I actually watched the whole thing. First time I've done that in a while. And it was terrible for the most part. The sound was awful on several of the performances. And I didn't really care for most of the performers anyway and didn't know half of the nominees.

Alicia Keys is a great host for this and had a good song. H.E.R. had a cool performance. And the Gary Clark Jr. / Roots thing was good.
    Bend over, I'll show you the whole ing thing.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Bend over, I'll show you the whole ing thing.
    Ha. That'd be funny if I didn't have Corona Virus. #rememberharambi

Veteran
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Ha. That'd be funny if I didn't have Corona Virus. #rememberharambi
    I caught West Side Nile before.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Pure channel surfing chance saw Aerosmith and Run DMC. Pretty good. Seems like Steven Tyler is using his real voice, man it's holding out well. Same with the two nigs.

Billie Eilish. Got to see what she is all about. From what I saw and heard a complete Hollywood fabrication as so many of them are. Thank U next.

Alleged Michigander ChumpDumper's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UTSA Roadrunners
    "Old man prefers old music."

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Pure channel surfing chance saw Aerosmith and Run DMC. Pretty good. Seems like Steven Tyler is using his real voice, man it's holding out well. Same with the two nigs.

Billie Eilish. Got to see what she is all about. From what I saw and heard a complete Hollywood fabrication as so many of them are. Thank U next.
    What are you talking about. The sound was ty on that performance. And Steven Tyler sounded done. And one of the dudes from Run DMC (think it's DMC) has had a vocal problem for years.
    He was later diagnosed with spasmodic dysphonia, a vocal disorder which causes involuntary spasms of the larynx muscles. He believes it was caused by the aggressive way in which he performs his lyrics compounded with the years of heavy drinking.
    . And I'm not sure that they didn't have some recorded help.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    What are you talking about. The sound was ty on that performance. And Steven Tyler sounded done. And one of the dudes from Run DMC (think it's DMC) has had a vocal problem for years. . And I'm not sure that they didn't have some recorded help.
    Expectation level. I thought 71 year old Tyler and some or all of the band might sound really bad. In those relative terms I thought he sounded good. Ya, cannot rule out pumped in vocal music. Isn't that the norm for the Scammy Awards for most if not all the performers?

6X ST MVP
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Iowa Hawkeyes
    What's your damn deal with the RIP threads, Andy?

Millennial_Messiah

6X ST MVP
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Iowa Hawkeyes

Then you knew half?

That's possibly more than me, tbh.

I might "know" half by name recognition, but music has really went downhill the last five years. I used to generally know what's hot at any given time.

Enemy of the System Millennial_Messiah's Avatar
    Name
    Andrew
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    North Texas Mean Green
    What's your damn deal with the RIP threads, Andy?

Millennial_Messiah
    I'm perpetuating monosylab1k 's meme.

6X ST MVP
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Iowa Hawkeyes
    For why?

Still Hates Small Ball Spurminator's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Tyler sounded good, but Joe Perry sounded like he had his guitar tuned wrong.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Then you knew half?

That's possibly more than me, tbh.

I might "know" half by name recognition, but music has really went downhill the last five years. I used to generally know what's hot at any given time.
    I guess I should have said “at least half”. And how long have they had this abbreviated award portion for the main show? They show the Comedy award but not the Rock award?

6X ST MVP
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Iowa Hawkeyes
    I guess I should have said “at least half”. And how long have they had this abbreviated award portion for the main show? They show the Comedy award but not the Rock award?
    Dunno. Haven't been watching.

It seems like they don't bother to even have good performances like they used to.

Veteran
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Where is this a thing?

Thread Information