Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Can't remember a rebuild bungled the Phoenix did it to themselves..How the you go from 48-win team a couple of years ago with bunch of assets to a lowly bottom feeder stuck with mediocrity for the foreseeable future?

Truly amusing level of front office incompetence...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Also remember the Devon Booker hype last season ..

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They got desperate. Thomas was traded for scraps. Signed Chandler for a ty contract...And they doubled up on the desperation and traded for Brandon Knight.

They don't seem to know how to construct an NBA team.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They got desperate. Thomas was traded for scraps. Signed Chandler for a ty contract...And they doubled up on the desperation and traded for Brandon Knight.

They don't seem to know how to construct an NBA team.
    When you don't get lucky in the draft with a franchise player or even someone with Top 15 player potential, it becomes tricky..see Orlando Magic for another rebuild going south..

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    to be fair they bet the farm on getting LMA and it didn't pan out. They would look a lot different if they would have landed him, IMO

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They mismanaged nearly every asset they had. When did they get rid of Hornacek? Did him a favor.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Thread is loving this

notthewordsofonewhokneels Thread's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    ^Exactly. Even Media smells the , but, won't state it. They just dance like mad men. GIGO. And everybody knows it.

Big shots.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    to be fair they bet the farm on getting LMA and it didn't pan out. They would look a lot different if they would have landed him, IMO
    If you say that again I'm goin' to pull my hair out, you horse's patoot, you. LMA was never going anywhere aside from you guys. Get that thru your cement head. The only reason he flirted here was because Knight's agent is LMA's agent and he did the Suns a favor. "Hang around here for awhile, then go to LA and all over 'em."

"Done." - LMA

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    meh crappy organization with zero development skills.

I would still trade Parker and two new mumus for Dale for Booker in a heartbeat. That was a joke. Even PHX is not that re ed.
    Upside for years to come.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    And he got a balloon head because Media, especially local Media blubbered all over him. "I wouldn't even trade him for LeBron. I really wouldn't. I know that sounds insane, but, it makes sense. Let me explain..."

Big shots.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    meh crappy organization with zero development skills.

I would still trade Parker and two new mumus for Dale for Booker in a heartbeat. That was a joke. Even PHX is not that re ed.
    Upside for years to come.
    A mumu for the upcoming Summer would be swell, Fabbs.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If you say that again I'm goin' to pull my hair out, you horse's patoot, you. LMA was never going anywhere aside from you guys. Get that thru your cement head. The only reason he flirted here was because Knight's agent is LMA's agent and he did the Suns a favor. "Hang around here for awhile, then go to LA and all over 'em."

"Done." - LMA
    Supposedly LMA and Chandler are butt buddies, kinda like you and Kool, tbh...

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Supposedly LMA and Chandler are butt buddies, kinda like you and Kool, tbh...
    Sticks & stones may break my bones, but, Trump is President.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sticks & stones may break my bones, but, Trump is President.
    so all is well.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Like shaved pussy.

Clever got me this far... JMarkJohns's Avatar
    My Team
    Phoenix Suns
    Post Count
    There aren't more than 10-15 players drafted in the last 3 drafts I'd rather have than Devin Booker. He has incredible upside. And Chris's and Bender show flashes, but are still very raw. Warren can't stay healthy, but can put up 20 points in no time when healthy.

But Len is lost. Lost in the shorty thing they call offense. Lost in the shuffle. Maybe lost to free agency without truly knowing what you have.

They already did absolutely with Goodwin. Didn't do , didn't get .

Ulis is Ulis. He's a beloved gimmick with actual game but unknown/unlikely impact. Stauture is his biggest issue. He's good. But can you win with him?

From there, everyone is old or paid 70 million to lose.

So, like was asked, What the Happened?

Well, Sarver happened. What is the singular constant to every Gold turned to movement with the Suns? From JJ to Dragic... Sarver.

McD lost his mind. He thought the 48-wins amidst injury was a sign they were close. Went all in. ed up. Along the way he likely stunted development of his baby, Len. His first draft pick. The guy he scouted in Europe. His darling. He brought in Chandler over him. He signed three point guards and drafted a 4th (Ennis). Didn't take long to implode. Arguably traded the wrong damn PG (Thomas) meaning he kept the wrong PGS (Bledsoe and Knight).

Coaching happened then didn't... Hornacek got ed by the morrii, lost team, couldn't rebound from toxic cancer, was sacrificed. Watson was rallied around, seemed to aid Booker, and was given the full time position without compe ion. Sarver, McD didn't interview a second candidate.

So, now the Suns whose future rests in the development of Booker, Warren, Chris's, Bender, and Len play Knight, Tucker, Dudley, Barbosa, Chandler more minutes combined than the names of the future.

Suns now have a coach who routinely plays Chandler alongside Len.

Suns now have two ball-dominant PGs and a SG who needs to facilitate sharing the floor.

Suns have basically given Booker the green light to be Kobe, when he's better as a Harden-lite. He is best when he's downhill attacking, pulling up from 3, and facilitating for others in screen/roll situations. Not straight chucking.

Suns now have Len, Bender, Chriss, three PFs/Cs and no idea what any of them offer.

But they have Miami's 1sts in 2 of next 4 drafts.

And they own all of their own 1sts. And both the 2017-2018-2019 drafts will be very good.

But they also still have Sarver.

So, they are ed.

what uganda do about it? Joseph Kony's Avatar
    My Team
    Seattle Supersonics
    Post Count
    Their management is terrible. ty drafting, ty trades, stock piling PGs and trading the best one they had for essentially nothing their management is just completely inept imo

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    He signed three point guards and drafted a 4th (Ennis). Didn't take long to implode. Arguably traded the wrong damn PG (Thomas) meaning he kept the wrong PGS (Bledsoe and Knight).
    Dumping Isaiah to trade for Knight who's DEAD LAST in RPM: http://www.espn.com/nba/statistics/r...RPM/position/1 .

My Team
    Phoenix Suns
    Post Count
    Their management is terrible. ty drafting, ty trades, stock piling PGs and trading the best one they had for essentially nothing their management is just completely inept imo
    Actually, Drafting under McD isn't the issue. I wasn't a fan of Ennis. Preached from the mountain tops they needed to draft Rodney Hood. But I have been good with almost every draft pick, though Len over Noel was hard to justify to me. And I am a big believer in Warren and Booker. Drafting is probably their best ability.

Developing, scheming, and placing drafted talent in positions to succeed?

That's where it all falls apart.

My Team
    Phoenix Suns
    Post Count
    Dumping Isaiah to trade for Knight who's DEAD LAST in RPM: http://www.espn.com/nba/statistics/r...RPM/position/1 .
    Trading Lakers 1st, Ennis, Plumlee to acquire Knight.

I was always good trading that LA pick, but it needed to be a good situation. Not one of desperation. Which, in hindsight, Thomas/Knight trades appear to have been.

My Team
    Phoenix Suns
    Post Count
    I mean this is those two deals in a nuts :

Suns traded the best player: Thomas
    Suns traded the best contract: Thomas
    Suns traded the best asset: Lakers 1st
    Suns traded two recent 1st round draftees: Ennis/Plumlee

To acquire Ulis (from pick acquired by Boston) and the rights to pay Knight 70 million a year after signing Bledsoe to 70 million.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

To acquire Ulis (from pick acquired by Boston) and the rights to pay Knight 70 million a year after signing Bledsoe to 70 million.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

dayum

everything started when they signed bledsoe though..

My Team
    Phoenix Suns
    Post Count
    Everything started when Colangelo got in hot water with his ing baseball team partners and had to sell the Suns to payoff back debt on the Diamondbacks.

Sarver has never had a vision.

He's a daddy-made Billionaire. He has no ing clue how to build anything.

And I'm an Arizona Wildcat. So is Sarver. So, it is ing brutal for me to point that finger.

Everyone pointing at the symptoms...

I'm here stating so long as Chickenman is in charge, one symptom cured is a new symptom created.

Thread Information