Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    heck, even lincoln wasn't planning to abolish slavery when he sought election, merely to stop it from expanding to new states.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    heck, even lincoln wasn't planning to abolish slavery when he sought election, merely to stop it from expanding to new states.
    So when you say "worst ever" you are dismissing all the these people did to start this in the 1st place. But please, continue. Give the founding fathers (name I don't care for) the credit for having foresight to create the BoR and Cons ution, but we are still dealing with their decisions today. Stop deifying these people. Get their faces off currency and stop pretending they were right about everything.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So when you say "worst ever" you are dismissing all the these people did to start this in the 1st place. But please, continue. Give the founding fathers (name I don't care for) the credit for having foresight to create the BoR and Cons ution, but we are still dealing with their decisions today. Stop deifying these people. Get their faces off currency and stop pretending they were right about everything.
    Liberals new narrative is American colonies broke off from Britain to keep slavery intact.

Alleged Michigander ChumpDumper's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    OK, Who do you think was the worst president?

my unders, my frgn whites pgardn's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not only did slave laborers help build the White House all of the earliest presidents (except for John Adams and his son John Quincy Adams) were slave owners. George Washington kept some 300 bondsmen at his Mount Vernon plantation. Thomas Jefferson—despite once calling slavery an “assemblage of horrors”—owned at least 175 enslaved workers at one time. James Madison, James Monroe and Andrew Jackson each kept several dozen enslaved workers, and Martin Van Buren owned one during his early career.

William Henry Harrison owned several inherited enslaved people before becoming president in 1841, while John Tyler and James K. Polk were both slaveholders during their stints in office. Zachary Taylor, who served from 1849-1850, was the last chief executive to keep enslaved people while living in the White House. He owned some 150 enslaved workers on plantations in Kentucky, Mississippi and Louisiana.

I guess owning slaves doesn't count.

If I was taught slaves were sub human and our livelihood depended on sub human work how can I honestly say I would not have been an owner or that something was wrong with it.
    it’s the same way with being a Nazi. If you were born into that culture and that’s all you knew when do you actually reject the idea? If you were taught you were/are better than some other “animal” from early childhood, and kept from reading and thinking otherwise...

no the people who actually expressed the idea(s) were absolutely horrific and went along with it I think they probably felt guilt. People on this board STILL think blacks are mentally inferior and women are to shut up and be dominated. Context of the times has sprinted past them. It’s frustrating I guess when you know you are supposed to be better yet get told you are not, better get over it.

my unders, my frgn whites pgardn's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    When you flat out lie to an entire country habitually when you don’t even have to and then brag During a health crisis that you are getting more attention than Monday night football...

I can go on with this cowardly, narcissistic, pathological liar...

there’s lots more.

leader ship style: lead by dividing, no question asked about tactics or you leave.
    Feel free to continue
    Last edited by pgardn; 06-06-2020 at 06:14 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don’t think we have to deify them to recognize that they laid the groundwork and foundation for the country we live in. They were also imperfect and overlooked other things which should have been obvious

Still Hates Small Ball Spurminator's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm willing to give some leniency to leaders based on the context of the time they led. If we're talking about how bad a President is, to me, that means comparing him to expectations at the time he was in office. How far did he fall short of those expectations? How backward were his beliefs based on the normal trajectory of progress?

I think I'd still put W below Trump simply because of the total human toll at the hands of his inep ude. But I'd 100% rather have W addressing the nation right now.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count

Lady G

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Trump attacks Lindsey Graham after SCOTUS rulings
    “No Republican Senate Judiciary response," the president tweeted.

President Donald Trump took a swing at Sen. Lindsey Graham on Thursday in the aftermath of two Supreme Court decisions involving his closely held financial records, lamenting that the Senate Judiciary Committee chairman and close Trump ally was not doing enough to target the president’s political foes.

Trump’s tweets came after a Supreme Court decision upheld a Manhattan grand jury subpoena seeking his tax returns and other financial do ents as part of a criminal investigation into the practices of the Trump Organization. In response, Trump complained that former President Barack Obama was not receiving enough scrutiny over his administration’s decision to open up a counterintelligence investigation into alleged ties between the Trump campaign and the Russian government in 2016.

“We have a totally corrupt previous Administration, including a President and Vice President who spied on my campaign, AND GOT CAUGHT...and nothing happens to them. This crime was taking place even before my election, everyone knows it, and yet all are frozen stiff with fear,” Trump wrote on Twitter. He specifically called out Graham’s committee, writing: “No Republican Senate Judiciary response.”

The president’s claim doesn’t take into account the fact that Graham (R-S.C.) is running a wide-ranging investigation into the origins of the Russia investigation and was granted broad subpoena power to compel testimony from several former senior Obama administration officials.

Graham did not immediately respond to a request for comment on Trump’s jab.

https://www.politico.com/news/2020/0...e-court-355013

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Trump attacks Lindsey Graham after SCOTUS rulings
    “No Republican Senate Judiciary response," the president tweeted.

President Donald Trump took a swing at Sen. Lindsey Graham on Thursday in the aftermath of two Supreme Court decisions involving his closely held financial records, lamenting that the Senate Judiciary Committee chairman and close Trump ally was not doing enough to target the president’s political foes.

Trump’s tweets came after a Supreme Court decision upheld a Manhattan grand jury subpoena seeking his tax returns and other financial do ents as part of a criminal investigation into the practices of the Trump Organization. In response, Trump complained that former President Barack Obama was not receiving enough scrutiny over his administration’s decision to open up a counterintelligence investigation into alleged ties between the Trump campaign and the Russian government in 2016.

“We have a totally corrupt previous Administration, including a President and Vice President who spied on my campaign, AND GOT CAUGHT...and nothing happens to them. This crime was taking place even before my election, everyone knows it, and yet all are frozen stiff with fear,” Trump wrote on Twitter. He specifically called out Graham’s committee, writing: “No Republican Senate Judiciary response.”

The president’s claim doesn’t take into account the fact that Graham (R-S.C.) is running a wide-ranging investigation into the origins of the Russia investigation and was granted broad subpoena power to compel testimony from several former senior Obama administration officials.

Graham did not immediately respond to a request for comment on Trump’s jab.

https://www.politico.com/news/2020/0...e-court-355013
    Senators now have more say than SCOTUS? Trump is getting dumped and he doesn't even know it.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    There has been an agreement that a new President doesn't pursue the crimes of the preceding President.

eg, Clinton didn't go after Repugs for Iran-Contra

eg, Obama didn't go after dubya for war crimes, torture, etc.

Trash, ignorantly oblivious, is violating that agreement, which may come back to crush criminal Trash and his criminal mafia if the Dems follow his example.

Thread Information