Page 13 of 32 FirstFirst ... 39101112131415161723 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What's the tax situation looking like? With the Baynes signing, aren't we right up against the tax line? Won't this impede the ability to sign anyone? And please no emo responses ("oh who cares, we won't win a game in the playoffs anyway").

Question will come down to the costs associated with going over the tax line vs. the benefit (additional home playoff games).
    You can ALWAYS sign someone for the vet.min.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Can we re-sign him?

I highly doubt the Spurs would, but could they before the playoffs start? At the minimum?

This totally sucks. He can make clutch baskets, anti-soft, and hustles. Of course, he can D up when need to.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Maybe but the rumored reason why the haven't signed Singleton was that they couldn't get a letter of clearance from his Chinese team. Singleton is also more a 4 than a 3.
    Three good reasons this is a good thing: Diaw (Back injury), Bonner (Sucks), Blair (also Sucks)...

notthewordsofonewhokneels Thread's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    You could also argue that the morale is actually better now
    |n| gettin' it. The old blessing in disguise cover. You guys have always loved that . When 8 happened after the initial suicide e you guys said the same thing:::"it's a blessing in disguise."

Get some. LMFAO!!!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    At this point, I would rather use Jack's spot to sign a big since that is more needed know with Diaw being out for a while.

Kawhi can handle the bulk of the minutes and maybe have Manu play the 3 so that Neal isn't at PG in any scenario.
    I wish Baynes could fill that void in our bigs..

Believe..I'l Have another Biernutz's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    hate to see JAX go...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    At this point, I would rather use Jack's spot to sign a big since that is more needed know with Diaw being out for a while.

Kawhi can handle the bulk of the minutes and maybe have Manu play the 3 so that Neal isn't at PG in any scenario.
    I'm with the group that feels the Spurs won't sign anyone, but if they did, I'd say do this. Manu would be better at the 3 these days, and it opens a spot for both Neal and De Colo to play. Spurs desperately need a 4 now though.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You know something has gone SERIOUSLY wrong. Pop's not the kind of guy to give up on his trusted vets that easily; the whole business with Finley is evidence enough, and Bonner is still on the team.

It must have been some combination of him shooting 37%/27%, a single digit PER, Leonard's breakout, and locker room stuff.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If I recall correctly, Jax cannot be signed by another team to play in the Playoffs, correct?
    Correct, the CIA may have done this at this time on purpose, most likely not, though Jackson almost got waived at the deadline so who knows.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    At least we still have Bonner

/sarcasm

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Maybe but the rumored reason why the haven't signed Singleton was that they couldn't get a letter of clearance from his Chinese team. Singleton is also more a 4 than a 3.
    Ah. Yeah, he's not only more four than three, at this point he's probably strictly four (or, four/five more than four/three). I only mentioned him because him signing with the Knicks appeared to have hit a snag.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No way to spin this. It's horrible news for the Spurs and especially our playoff prospects. WTF is Pop thinking?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Three good reasons this is a good thing: Diaw (Back injury), Bonner (Sucks), Blair (also Sucks)...
    As bad as Bonner and Blair have been, I highly doubt a player signed a week before the playoffs will be less worst than them.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Poor Timmy doesn't deserve any of this. He's worked his ass off this year only for the team to melt down towards the end.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    |n| gettin' it. The old blessing in disguise cover. You guys have always loved that . When 8 happened after the initial suicide e you guys said the same thing:::"it's a blessing in disguise."

Get some. LMFAO!!!
    You have to be a ing idiot to think this is a blessing in disguise.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Throwing in the towel TBH.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    No way to spin this. It's horrible news for the Spurs and especially our playoff prospects. WTF is Pop thinking?
    Bud, the voice of reason, moderation & truth in troubled times.

Budkin

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    You have to be a ing idiot to think this is a blessing in disguise.
    Don't blame me. Blame |n|.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Spurs had threatened the release for several days, but Jackson was still surprised that coach Gregg Popovich carried through with it on Friday, sources said.
    Very telling tidbit from Woj's article. So this was clearly an ongoing thing and Jax knew he was playing with fire. I agree with Bruno, though. When you're making $10M/year and producing more like a D-league bench warmer on offense, you have no room to complain about your role.

But again it's still a shame given his tremendous potential as a defensive 3/small 4.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Poor Timmy doesn't deserve any of this. He's worked his ass off this year only for the team to melt down towards the end.
    & it's a cute ass with that tramp stamp over it.

tee, hee.

Paranoid
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Pop aka Cesar Millan can't deal with player that won't let him neuter them.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    dan mccarney ‏@danmccarneysaen 15s You can't make this stuff up. The Spurs are taking their team picture as we speak...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If Singleton gets cleared by his team, he's going to the Knicks.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    dan mccarney ‏@danmccarneysaen 15s You can't make this stuff up. The Spurs are taking their team picture as we speak...
    Would be interesting to see all the forced smiles. Kawhi already has that down though.

Thread Information