Page 1 of 24 1234511 ... LastLast
    Enemy of the System Millennial_Messiah's Avatar
    My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    The NFC "Best" in once again the best division in football, with a 2012/2013 style dynamism between the 49ers and Seahawks. The Rams are also in hot pursuit of a wild card, and even Arizona is compe ive, though at least a year or two away.

Fortunately for us, we get to see them pitted against each other next week... unfortunately for us, it's on MNF with easily the worst main announcer crew in sports.

But it'll be fun, regardless.

Last week's thread recorded a 3-year high, 20 pages. It was an awesome Week 9 2019 indeed. But, time to move on. Will Week 10 live up to the hype? Find out. The primetime games all look really good, once again.

***Game list and 506 TV information to be posted tomorrow by another member or myself.***

My Team
    Oakland Raiders
    Post Count
    some big news...

Cam placed on IR
    Foles named starter over Minshew

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count

Last week's thread recorded a 3-year high, 20 pages. It was an awesome Week 9 2019 indeed. But, time to move on. Will Week 10 live up to the hype? Find out. The primetime games all look really good, once again.

***Game list and 506 TV information to be posted tomorrow by another member or myself.***
    Maybe it had to do with the OP.

Your "sponsored bys" suck

Will be fun to see if Dallas can crawl their way out of a hole again this week after playing like for 3 quarters then turning it on in the 4th.

Cowboys coaching ing sucks.

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    some big news...

Cam placed on IR
    Foles named starter over Minshew
    Will Newton play another significant snap in the NFL, tbh? Don't know if there are any starter spots available for a guy like that. He's basically post-2011 Tebow at this point since the injuries squelched his speed and the shoulder problems squelched his ability to throw a tight spiral more than 15 yards down the field.

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    Your "sponsored bys" suck
    Umm... as opposed to two straight weeks about some irrelevant fantasy topic completely unrelated to football?

My Team
    Oakland Raiders
    Post Count
    Will Newton play another significant snap in the NFL, tbh? Don't know if there are any starter spots available for a guy like that. He's basically post-2011 Tebow at this point since the injuries squelched his speed and the shoulder problems squelched his ability to throw a tight spiral more than 15 yards down the field.
    chicago

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    Not sure if that ownership and mgmt is willing to part with their #2 overall premium pick that they traded up for, especially considering they blew so much premium draft capital on Mack. It's really tough to just cut your losses when you see two guys drafted way back behind the guy you picked that are pro bowlers, one of which is a surefire hall of famer and possible potential GOAT.

Not sure if a 32 year old retread is someone you can build around long term, especially since he is permanently compromised (less ability to run, nerfed arm strength from shoulder surgery, average at best accuracy). Not sure if he is even an upgrade overall over Bisky.

My Team
    Oakland Raiders
    Post Count
    Not sure if that ownership and mgmt is willing to part with their #2 overall premium pick that they traded up for, especially considering they blew so much premium draft capital on Mack. It's really tough to just cut your losses when you see two guys drafted way back behind the guy you picked that are pro bowlers, one of which is a surefire hall of famer and possible potential GOAT.
    he's 3 years in. they're moving on. they have a roster that is more or less constructed to win now. they will go after cam/teddy/tannehill etc as they lack the first round pick to draft a qb that can come in right away

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    he's 3 years in. they're moving on. they have a roster that is more or less constructed to win now. they will go after cam/teddy/tannehill etc as they lack the first round pick to draft a qb that can come in right away
    Cam, Teddy, Tyrod and Tannehill don't bring anything to the table that Trubisky doesn't. They're all average QBs (at best, and not average *starters*) and are all the type of guys you have to win in spite of, not win because of.

I think the Bears screwed themselves. Twice, first with the pick in 2017 and second with the Mack trade. Mack is very good, pro bowler for sure but he's not going to be one of the all time greats. He's basically demarcus lawrence, not lawrence taylor.

My Team
    Oakland Raiders
    Post Count
    Cam, Teddy, Tyrod and Tannehill don't bring anything to the table that Trubisky doesn't. They're all average QBs
    right there, thats something trubisky doesnt bring to the table

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    right there, thats something trubisky doesnt bring to the table
    I think biscuit is average, as in an average NFL QB (middle of the 1-64 pack, not 1-32)... same go for the other 4 and more. He can push the ball downfield better than a Teddy or Tyrod for instance, and Cam's throwing form has looked atrocious since the beginning of last year. Tannehill might be best of the crop in terms of accuracy and arm strength (though not ideal) but his pocket presence is traditionally poor.

My Team
    Oakland Raiders
    Post Count
    I think biscuit is average, as in an average NFL QB (middle of the 1-64 pack, not 1-32)... same go for the other 4 and more. He can push the ball downfield better than a Teddy or Tyrod for instance, and Cam's throwing form has looked atrocious since the beginning of last year. Tannehill might be best of the crop in terms of accuracy and arm strength (though not ideal) but his pocket presence is traditionally poor.
    trubisky is incompetent. he's not average at all.

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    He looked the part last year and they went 12-4. This year he's been atrocious and they're 3-5. Losing exposes all flaws. I don't know how they beat the Vikings, tbh.

faggy opinion + certainty Mark Celibate's Avatar
    My Team
    San Diego Chargers
    Post Count
    tbh the main question is whether or not a certain monotonic head coach will inadvertently call a timeout before a FG causing his own kicker to over-ponder the play and miss the second kick imho

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    He looked the part last year and they went 12-4. This year he's been atrocious and they're 3-5. Losing exposes all flaws. I don't know how they beat the Vikings, tbh.
    He's awful. He seems to go only one read deep. And then throws a bad ball over half of the time. Nagy trying to force him into his "creative" play calling has made it even worse.

My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    Dallas is gonna suck for the first 3 quarters. Hopefully they make the game interesting in the 4th

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    Cam, Teddy, Tyrod and Tannehill don't bring anything to the table that Trubisky doesn't. They're all average QBs (at best, and not average *starters*) and are all the type of guys you have to win in spite of, not win because of.

I think the Bears screwed themselves. Twice, first with the pick in 2017 and second with the Mack trade. Mack is very good, pro bowler for sure but he's not going to be one of the all time greats. He's basically demarcus lawrence, not lawrence taylor.
    They also ed up with Montgomery. They let Howard go and traded up to get Montgomery because he's a three down back. Then proceed to use him just like they did Howard. And it turns out, as Pederson has shown, Howard isn't that bad of a pass catcher anyway.

We've got a job to do. Darth_Pelican's Avatar
    My Team
    New Orleans Saints
    Post Count
    The Bears fans were so hostile toward Trubisky when I traveled to the Saints-Bears game that they didn't even pay attention to the Saints fans. The constant ing in the bathroom about how they should have Mahomes or Watson right now was awesome.

My Team
    Baltimore Ravens
    Post Count
    Whomever drafts Hurts js going to want Cam to be Jalen's RGIII. I think that's worst-case for Newton. Likely, he'll be traded for value or remains the starter in CAR.

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    tbh the main question is whether or not a certain monotonic head coach will inadvertently call a timeout before a FG causing his own kicker to over-ponder the play and miss the second kick imho
    Zimmer or Garrett? The former has singlehandedly cost his team 2 road games this season alone due to ill timed timeouts, so it can be argued that the ginger one is the lesser of the two evils there..

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    Whomever drafts Hurts js going to want Cam to be Jalen's RGIII. I think that's worst-case for Newton. Likely, he'll be traded for value or remains the starter in CAR.
    Not sure Newton is worth more than a 3rd or 4th at this point, his stock has never been lower. They could probably sell high on Kyle Allen (if they make the playoffs this year) and plausibly get a 1st and change out of him.

Not so sure Hurts even goes in the first round at all, with Tu'a and Herbert in front of him and an unusually low amount of QB-needy teams in the NFL. Barring injury, Hurts probably starts his NFL career on the bench.

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    The Bears fans were so hostile toward Trubisky when I traveled to the Saints-Bears game that they didn't even pay attention to the Saints fans. The constant ing in the bathroom about how they should have Mahomes or Watson right now was awesome.
    stadium urinal rooms
    would have loved to be a wasp on the wall for that

My Team
    Baltimore Ravens
    Post Count
    Not sure Newton is worth more than a 3rd or 4th at this point, his stock has never been lower. They could probably sell high on Kyle Allen (if they make the playoffs this year) and plausibly get a 1st and change out of him.

Not so sure Hurts even goes in the first round at all, with Tu'a and Herbert in front of him and an unusually low amount of QB-needy teams in the NFL. Barring injury, Hurts probably starts his NFL career on the bench.
    I think fourth is the floor. He's better than Flacco, and Joe got a fourth.

I think Hurts starts on the bench too, but I don't think he starts off without the "QB of the future" designation. Unless Lamar just falls apart over the next three months, there will be multiple teams who want to copy the Ravens' system. Yes, they're going to have to deal with the fact that Jackson isn't a typical running QB, both because he's a better passer than most guys with that moniker and because he might be the best runner from the position ever. But still, teams will try to copy it, and a guy like Hurts just makes a ton of sense. Maybe Bill or Payton take him as a project, but I wouldn't be surprised if a team who's basically tired of their below-average QB doesn't seem Cam/Jalen as the best option. Chicago and Denver are obvious choices, but Washington and Cinci too. Both Tampa and Tennessee should consider making changes too.

faggy opinion + certainty Mark Celibate's Avatar
    My Team
    San Diego Chargers
    Post Count
    Zimmer or Garrett? The former has singlehandedly cost his team 2 road games this season alone due to ill timed timeouts, so it can be argued that the ginger one is the lesser of the two evils there..
    i remember he iced his own defense against Chicago, what was the other one? The Bot is probably taking notes as we speak tbh

Thread Information