Page 85 of 171 FirstFirst ... 357581828384858687888995135 ... LastLast
Results 2,101 to 2,125 of 4270
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Coverage of combine scrimmage starting on NBA TV right now (albeit, non of the biggies will be performing).

But a lot of analysis of the overall combine week, including player evaluations.

If you're a draft junkie (and I think you are) tune in.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Moses Moody interviewed with the Knicks today. They don’t even have a lottery pick. These interviews should be taken with a grain of salt as far as it being an indicator of real interest by teams.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sims needs to prove he is not a mental midget. Maybe not greater disappointment throughout his career

Believe.
    My Team
    Anybody but Spurs
    Post Count
    Moses Moody interviewed with the Knicks today. They don’t even have a lottery pick. These interviews should be taken with a grain of salt as far as it being an indicator of real interest by teams.
    They have two 1sts and may look to trade both for a pick in Moody's range

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    19th and 21st (knicks picks) could find one still getting some decent players so i would think that the knicks could find some interest with other teams willing to trade down.

Remember Cherokee Parks The Truth #6's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    19th and 21st (knicks picks) could find one still getting some decent players so i would think that the knicks could find some interest with other teams willing to trade down.
    I wouldn’t be shocked if, like last year, we get trade offers for our pick while we are on the clock. GMs looking for splashy picks reach, players fall, and like with Vassel we end up just taking the best player that falls to us. Point is, I am intrigued about trading back for two first round picks. Would I take Duarte and JT Thor over Springer or Sengun... I would have to think about that.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don’t mind trading down for two firsts if that means we can get a combination of players like Jaden Springer and Isaiah Jackson. I don’t think the gap in talent and potential between 12 and 20 is that wide.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's going to be Isaiah Jackson or Kai Jones.
    It’s going to be Austin “Future GOAT” Reaves.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's going to be Isaiah Jackson or Kai Jones.
    Isaiah Jackson is ill-suited to the modern NBA and Kai Jones is a risk.

Between the two, I'd take the risk.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Kai Jones will be a super star. We will be lucky if he is still available at 12.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    His foot movement, lateral speed, and length is 100% in the mold of today's NBA big man every playoff team has in spades and Spurs haven't had in over a decade, but do go on.
    Deer can run and jump but you wouldn't draft them, either.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Jones does look interesting. If the team is going to run back (ESPECIALLY if they're bringing back DeRozan), he'd make a ton of sense as the backup center who eventually take over. On paper, he's what the starting unit needs as a shooting big who loves to run out in transition. But he's not there yet. The team can afford a developmental big in a way they can't do so with, say, a developmental PG at 12.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Do people realize Kai Jones was coming off the bench for Texas even in his second year?

Tell me honestly what you think he will be able to do in three years that Drew Eubanks doesn't already do?

I mean this seriously. You can maybe say block shots, but Eubanks is already blocking as many as Jones did. Maybe shoot from range, but Jones wasn't doing that ton, anyway, and Eubanks is extending is range.

I have nothing against Jones, but this is the school that gave us Mo Bamba and Jackson Hayes and they ain't exactly setting the world on fire.

So... seriously, you want to use a lottery pick on a guy who will be behind Drew Eubanks in the rotation?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    yeah, i'm not too keen on jones.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Do people realize Kai Jones was coming off the bench for Texas even in his second year?

Tell me honestly what you think he will be able to do in three years that Drew Eubanks doesn't already do?

I mean this seriously. You can maybe say block shots, but Eubanks is already blocking as many as Jones did. Maybe shoot from range, but Jones wasn't doing that ton, anyway, and Eubanks is extending is range.

I have nothing against Jones, but this is the school that gave us Mo Bamba and Jackson Hayes and they ain't exactly setting the world on fire.

So... seriously, you want to use a lottery pick on a guy who will be behind Drew Eubanks in the rotation?
    Seeing a big move the way Kai does is like hypnosis… from there, Kai stans believe one truth and one truth only = that he will be a superstar. Ignoring the fact that bigs who fit the same archetype and became successful showed a lot ing more than what Kai has done before being drafted. Some bigs they compare him to were actually dominant and efficient and he was nowhere close. He’d float around the perimeter, take ill-advised shots, and not even have an impact on a game.
    Last edited by Dejounte; 06-25-2021 at 06:52 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

I’m one of Kai’s biggest fans on this board and understand that he’s a risk, but using the “comes off the bench” argument holds little weight.
    Players like Zach Lavine, Zach Randolph, Russell Westbrook and Devin Booker were or are NBA stars who occupied the same role as Kai - game changing 6th Men on compe ive college teams.

As I’ve said before, if you think he’s purely a 5 - you drop him down on your board.

If you think he’s some weird Wing/Frontcourt hybrid who in 3 years could be one of those game changing studs on both sides of the court; you take him as soon as you can.

Eubanks isn’t guarding smalls or wings either. Kai, in time maybe able to do that with regularity.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Jalen Johnson

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

"shooting/wings" = Moses Moody

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

"shooting/wings" = Moses Moody
    I wouldn't expect the Knicks to go after Josh Giddey. That's completely out of character. But now that Atlanta looks poised in the ECF, the Knicks flatlining in the playoffs doesn't look so bad. By now Kevin Knox, for example, looks like a bust (small surprise), so adding some wing scoring can help Randle inside.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'd close my eyes and pray if the Spurs took Jones at 12.

But, that said, he might look like the best choice in retrospect.

A lot of the guys bantered about here are more sure-fire NBA players than Kai Jones.

But almost none of them have impactful potential.

So pick your poison.

One thing in Jones favor is zat he's an island guy -- Duncan would probably show up at the facility just to work with him.

But if Bouknight is somehow there at 12 . . . and then there's Giddey . . .

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yves Pons is extremely interesting. Jesus Christ what about Jericho Sims? 6'9 250 with 5% BF 7'3.25" wingspan and a 44.5" max vert is freakish as .

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yves Pons is extremely interesting. Jesus Christ what about Jericho Sims? 6'9 250 with 5% BF 7'3.25" wingspan and a 44.5" max vert is freakish as .
    For Austin.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Jesus Christ what about Jericho Sims? 6'9 250 with 5% BF 7'3.25" wingspan and a 44.5" max vert is freakish as .
    I like Jericho Sims to some extent but nobody but nobody is going to take him with a lottery pick.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sims is a freak runner and jumper. He is so timid. He barely improved over his career. To me a major disappointment over his 4 years.
    He is an athletic freak.

Thread Information