Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You undervalue him, you overextend his limitation, you overreact to the Utah Clippers series defeat, they collepse, their coach was not to be shown but it doesn't mean Gubert got exposed... If you have opportunity to bring best defensive player in the league who is also great roll man and a leader without giving nothing special you do it, that the best building block you can bring
    I'm not overreacting dude, this happens to Gobert literally every playoffs this isn't some new thing with him. I think during the regular season he is a great anchor but in the playoffs he is easily exploitable and can be played off the floor. Clippers started Batum at C and Gobert was rendered useless. You are waaay overvaluing a C making 34 million that can't create anything for himself and is easily played off the court in the playoffs because he cannot guard on the perimeter at all.

Again, he isn't a bad player, but he is in no way worth the contract Utah gave him. And given the Spurs would have to trade half our team for him, how would it even be worth it. Poeltl at 9 million is better value than Gobert at 34 million. He will be 33 years old making 43 million for s sake

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm not overreacting dude, this happens to Gobert literally every playoffs this isn't some new thing with him. I think during the regular season he is a great anchor but in the playoffs he is easily exploitable and can be played off the floor. Clippers started Batum at C and Gobert was rendered useless. You are waaay overvaluing a C making 34 million that can't create anything for himself and is easily played off the court in the playoffs because he cannot guard on the perimeter at all.

Again, he isn't a bad player, but he is in no way worth the contract Utah gave him. And given the Spurs would have to trade half our team for him, how would it even be worth it. Poeltl at 9 million is better value than Gobert at 34 million. He will be 33 years old making 43 million for s sake
    You acting like you think we are some top free agents destiny that we could nit picking which star we can bring... You trying to put Utah failer to past Clippers on Gobert in a very superficial manner, you probably also predict Mann's 40 point game out of nowhere to eliminate them... And look at my trade proposal, we only giving up 2 players and a draft pick, we don't need to match Gobert salary as we under the cap...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Rudy is the perfect match for the direction the team want to go...
    Murray and Jakob and 12th for Rudy...
    Re-sign DeMar for reasonable price...
    With cap space left sign veterans Lowry and Batum...

Lowry/Jones
    White/Walker
    DeMar/Vassell
    Keldon/Batum
    Rudy/Eubanks
    So the Spurs get another big who can't play any semblance of Offense or shoot FT's? Only this one is overpaid...Hard pass.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You acting like you think we are some top free agents destiny that we could nit picking which star we can bring... You trying to put Utah failer to past Clippers on Gobert in a very superficial manner, you probably also predict Mann's 40 point game out of nowhere to eliminate them... And look at my trade proposal, we only giving up 2 players and a draft pick, we don't need to match Gobert salary as we under the cap...
    What is the point? The Spurs don't win any more games with Gobert...But pay 9 times the money Jakob is getting. And your thought process is, "Nobody wants to play here, so let's overpay to be mediocre." What are you on?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

I happen to agree. Any team with decent 3 point shooting is going to make Gobert completely ineffective if not take him off the court altogether. This is a 3 point shooting league...Gobert gets picked and rolled to death every year when it matters.
    Elite rim protector yes, not much else to offer. Flawed in every sense of the word. Hassan Whiteside...but with stability.

Defense Wins Championships Texas_Ranger's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    its 2021. defense aint important that much anymore and Gobert sucks at everything else. So, no, we dont need this vagina, we have a full team of them already.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He could grow from this, and because of this situation we could get him relative with a reasonable price
    As much as you think Leetonidas and I undervalue him, the Jazz over value him. It is unlikely that we get him for a “deal”. He could learn from it but doubt he would put in the time or has the capacity to add to his game. He should have added a couple of go to post moves as least by how and simply has not.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Ayton can't shoot, but he can fill the lane and dunk. And he's in the NBA finals and a key contributor. A big doesn't have to be a great offensive player. If the big is a great defensive player and can guard guys on the perimeter and finish as a garbage guy around the rim, that's all they need to do. Jakob is the perfect playoff big because he can block shots in the paint and switch on the perimeter. That means he can't get played off the floor like Lopez or Gobert once teams can scheme those guys into pick and rolls and get them stuck in switches on three point shooting guards. There are only 2-3 centers in the NBA that are the main scorers in the playoffs for their team and you don't have to be that to help your team win a le as is evidenced by the fact that the center on either team in the finals is not the best scorer on their teams and Brook Lopez may not get many minutes because he can't handle switches onto the Suns guards. Jakob would have no problem doing that.

And it isn't 5-4 if Jakob is a roll man and he does that pretty good. He is also a quality passer and screen setter, so he is absolutely not a 5-4 type of player on offense. He is a contributor and he can get even better and you can see he is motivated to do just that. He is one of the bright sides for this San Antonio roster. He already improved as a free throw shooter from the beginning of the season to the end of the season. Expect that to continue. Centers don't have to be 3 point shooters to be effective in the playoffs. It's nice if they can do that, but there are other ways to be effective and he does a good job.
    Hardly are posts as good as this. Great analysis and agree wholeheartedly. Fellas really think every center in the league has to be a shooter and offensive master for the team to get anywhere, and every postseason it turns out to be bull .

Thread Information