My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    And that he's disappointed.

Seriously, what the , Dallas?

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    After Chandler, it doesn't matter if we keep Barea or not. We won't be good enough with or without Barea. Even with Chandler, it is questionable if we are good enough based on our aging group. I think Cuban already is thinking about saving money and rebuilding.

My Team
    Detroit Pistons
    Post Count
    Rodrigue Beaubois, Rudy Fernandez, Dominique Jones.

JJ had several unbelievable moments and games in the championship run, but it's better for the Mavs to let him walk than give him more money than he really deserves and just let those young guards try to develop. They caught lightning in a bottle in the playoffs. When you do that, you don't open the bottle and try to play with it.

I'm sure Rick Carlisle will be crushed if and when it's official.

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They'd be morons to overpay for him with Beaubois there. Now Chandler has to be brought back at any cost for them to have a chance to defend their le.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    Not saying Barea was going to make up for the loss of Chandler...but they're dropping like flies. Half the championship team is going to be gone. Should give Dirk another chance...at least try, even without Chandler.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    And yeah, I know I'm more sentimental than a lot of fans. That does contribute to me being bummed out by this.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    There is no way in Cuban is going to let Chandler walk after a le; especially when he has two big salaries in Kidd and Terry coming off the books next summer.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    It would be kind of a big deal to let Terry walk next year. I know people here aren't fans, but he's done a lot for Dallas and he has not been shy about saying he wants to retire here.

Not saying letting him go couldn't happen, it would just be harsh.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Where is he going?

Veteran
    My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    It's pretty much a given that Dirk, Terry, and Kidd will end their careers as Mavs. I'd say it's also a given that their numbers are retired too.

O & 44!!! Now, go back &
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    They'd be morons to overpay for him with Beaubois there.
    Cept Barea actually did it. Beaubois was supposed to.

My Team
    Golden State Warriors
    Post Count
    don't let my beloved jj and tc leave the mavewicks

your emo threads are getting annoying. players change teams all the time, life goes on.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count

JJ had several unbelievable moments and games in the championship run, but it's better for the Mavs to let him walk than give him more money than he really deserves and just let those young guards try to develop. They caught lightning in a bottle in the playoffs. When you do that, you don't open the bottle and try to play with it.

I'm sure Rick Carlisle will be crushed if and when it's official.
    Jam is right, you cant overpay a 6th man with similar skills to roddy.

Cully is right JJB is proven Roddy B is not.

But Mavs FO knew they would face these tough choices ... if they are not comfortable making them they are in the wrong position.

sometimes when you win a le you lose Ariza but replace him with Artest and it pays off. Often times you keep the core together and it fails like with Lakers last year or the Celts in 2009 ...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Barea is a scrub who got hot at the right time. Teams who sign guys like that to long-term deals always regret it. Two Spurs examples were Jaren Jackson and Nazr Mohammed. Luckily the Spurs weren't the one to give Mohammed the big contract (LOL Detroit).

above average height mavs>spurs's Avatar
    My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    Barea is a scrub who got hot at the right time.
    It happens.

O & 44!!! Now, go back &
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    lol even the Mavs know the ring was fluke and are hoping to hop on the next winner

NT? more like SO i said
    My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    Cept Barea actually did it. Beaubois was supposed to.
    tbh you'd make a great GM imo

"THE WHOLE TEAM WON A CHAMPIONSHIP!! THEY ALL DESERVE TO BE OVERPAID!!"

O & 44!!! Now, go back &
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count

Never said such.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    lol even the Mavs know the ring was fluke and are hoping to hop on the next winner
    The Mavs rang, '>0, now and forevermore, and there's nary a gdmfing thing you can do about it.

O & 44!!! Now, go back &
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    ^Preach the gospel, Mono. The Book of Castleberry.

My Team
    Miami Heat
    Post Count
    lol cubes admitting his fluke championship

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

If he worked for a sports team, there would be another Penn State/Syracuse scandal with tens of hundreds of children coming forward with allegations of whiskey, fondling children, shower butt sex, and chuck box stories.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Mavs rang, '>0, now and forevermore, and there's nary a gdmfing thing you can do about it.
    Didn't you quit this forum, twice?

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count

This.

If they want to be serious players for getting a big-name player to come to Dallas, they need to give that player something to look forward to. They have to develop their young talent and showcase them as much as possible, whether it be for use in a trade, or to attract people to the talented youth that the Mavs have.

It probably kinda sucks for Kidd, Terry and Dirk, but there couldn't be much better veterans for youth to play under and learn from, than these guys. They are still capable of leading them and making things easy enough for the young players to get the team to the playoffs. Championship aspirations? Unlikely. But still this could really help the youth develop well, as they have some sort of youthful talent at basically every position (Roddy - PG, Jones - SG, Brewer - SF, Mahinmi - PF/C). If they can at least get one or two of them to pan out into decent NBA players, that should help the rebuilding process that comes when Dirk is done, or help attract a potential star.

Thread Information