Page 12 of 72 FirstFirst ... 289101112131415162262 ... LastLast
    Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I feel like we said the same thing about Murray and Johnson and Samanic and Primo...

I know Tim Duncans don't grow on trees....but if we are lucky enough to get a #1 pick, I'd have concerns spending it on a project even if it is one like Wemby. Sometimes projects don't pan out
    Things are different now back then 4 years in college are still common. Now most are one and done thus are mostly projects.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Drafting Victor will be a risk no matter what, his ceiling is simply amazing but he can end up as a bust due to his fragile cons ution. Healthy he is too skilled to not be a top player imho. He needs to play for a very professional organization with a great staff thinking long term rather than short team tbh...

Make a trade steal
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Hope the Spurs don't win the top pick.

VW will be like Chet, injury prone and too frail for the NBA.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I feel like we said the same thing about Murray and Johnson and Samanic and Primo...

I know Tim Duncans don't grow on trees....but if we are lucky enough to get a #1 pick, I'd have concerns spending it on a project even if it is one like Wemby. Sometimes projects don't pan out
    All draft picks theses days are to some extent a project, even number ones. There will likely never be another David or Tim that will bump you up 35,36 games that first year into a comfortable playoff spot. , even LeBrons teams didn’t make the playoffs his first two seasons, and his draft was almost 20 years ago. The difference between a number one overall project, and say a number 10 overall, is that the number one pick will be a superstar in a couple of years. They just normally need weight, and to adjust to the speed and athleticism of the NBA game. That’s it. Then, they break out in year 2 or year 3, and you have your superstar.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ^ guy like Mobley, Barnes and Any are coming!

I’ll cream my pants if we can just get a couple of guys of their talent level in the next few drafts. From there things will fall into place but until we have a couple of guys who show real upside promise - churn and burn em. Develop and sell high. Keldon and Vassell could be next but hopefully we have a couple of potential center pieces the next few years where it makes sense to keep home grown talent.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    How the does a human being that tall move like that, wow

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    How the does a human being that tall move like that, wow
    His bust out FLOOR is Gobert. His ceiling is something we have seen yet, like Gianni’s, 6” taller who can shoot.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He has decent form at the free throw line. That's a huge plus.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Please avoid injuries, I want to see what you can become.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Ok, I'm in. I was in the "this guy is too skinny and will be forever on the injured list camp" but I am ready for the risk.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count

Red pill: you hate the Lakers. Although you know if you work with them, you can closer to your tanking treasure:

Blue pill: you don't help the Lakers. They do a deal with Utah for Boggs (sharp shooting scoring wing Bron and AD needs) along with Beasley and Jordan Clarkson. Lakers 3pt shooting issues resolved.

This "blue pill" will cause the Lakers to whip out their purple and gold 14-incher on the NBA.

Which pill will it be?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Red pill: you hate the Lakers. Although you know if you work with them, you can closer to your tanking treasure:

Blue pill: you don't help the Lakers. They do a deal with Utah for Boggs (sharp shooting scoring wing Bron and AD needs) along with Beasley and Jordan Clarkson. Lakers 3pt shooting issues resolved.

This "blue pill" will cause the Lakers to whip out their purple and gold 14-incher on the NBA.

Which pill will it be?
    I just railed the red one.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    I just railed the red one.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lakers could probably do better away but Jak, JRich, McDermott for Russ, unprotected FRP and a pick swap with light protection and I’m popping that red one and heading to the moon.

Jak/AD/LBJ/Jrich/Schroeder or Bev would be a nice starting five and solid defensive first unit.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Which pill will it be?
    Personally, I'd do anything that benefits the Spurs, irrespective of the Lakers. I think you'll still fall short when it's all said and done, and I'd rather cash in before you lose interest when Anthony Davis and/or LeBron inevitably injure themselves again. But only if the price is right. If it's giving you assets for nothing, f you.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Personally, I'd do anything that benefits the Spurs, irrespective of the Lakers. I think you'll still fall short when it's all said and done, and I'd rather cash in before you lose interest when Anthony Davis and/or LeBron inevitably injure themselves again. But only if the price is right. If it's giving you assets for nothing, f you.

Therein lies the problem. Pop is so petty that you guys could have Brandon Ingram (who is still not in his prime) but nooooo. You farmers didn't want Kiwi in Purple and Gld

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Lakers could probably do better away but Jak, JRich, McDermott for Russ, unprotected FRP and a pick swap with light protection and I’m popping that red one and heading to the moon.

Jak/AD/LBJ/Jrich/Schroeder or Bev would be a nice starting five and solid defensive first unit.
    I'd do it. But Pop won't.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'd do it. But Pop won't.
    Don’t have to convince me that PATFO is damn stubborn. I probably would have been a stubborn fk too during the Leonard saga but after getting my lunch eaten and yrs of mediocrity it's time to play nice with anyone who wants to work with us.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Horrible spacing though. The Lakers don't need a legit starting C (especially one who can't space the floor) next to Davis the same way the Spurs didn't either post Robinson next to Duncan, because Davis like Duncan, is going to primarily be their C when it matters most anyway, so it's best to have as much flexibility as possible to get to those lineups.

Remember Cherokee Parks The Truth #6's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Horrible spacing though. The Lakers don't need a legit starting C (especially one who can't space the floor) next to Davis the same way the Spurs didn't either post Robinson next to Duncan, because Davis like Duncan, is going to primarily be their C when it matters most anyway, so it's best to have as much flexibility as possible to get to those lineups.
    That's a solid take re: Yak on the Lakers, but I think the simple reason they wouldn't want him is because, how to phrase it, he doesn't have a good highlight reel, meaning he isn't respected by NBA stars and part of that superficial world. Like, I'm not even sure Lebron can appreciate role players, even when he has played with them and they've helped him win championships.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That's a solid take re: Yak on the Lakers, but I think the simple reason they wouldn't want him is because, how to phrase it, he doesn't have a good highlight reel, meaning he isn't respected by NBA stars and part of that superficial world. Like, I'm not even sure Lebron can appreciate role players, even when he has played with them and they've helped him win championships.
    Jak could easily slip into a 25 minute backup role. He could play situationally alongside AD and LBJ seamlessly depending who else is on the floor.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Therein lies the problem. Pop is so petty that you guys could have Brandon Ingram (who is still not in his prime) but nooooo. You farmers didn't want Kiwi in Purple and Gld
    The offer was Kuzma, Hart, and a pick, which would have been late 20s. We have Keldon, Jak or whatever he brings, Malaki, and 2025 FRP and SRP from CHI. the lakers.

Remember Cherokee Parks The Truth #6's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Jak could easily slip into a 25 minute backup role. He could play situationally alongside AD and LBJ seamlessly depending who else is on the floor.
    I think he would fit well, but my point is only that they (Lebron/AD?) wouldn't be able to see the advantage of that. Perhaps I'm overstating it, but after those two demanded Westbrook, I'm working under the assumption that they are idiots as far as imposing their GM demands on teams.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Hes body type is unlike no other ever seen in the NBA... Wouldnt be suprised if injury prone.
    Ralph Sampson. That didn’t end well.

Thread Information