Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Enemy of the System Millennial_Messiah's Avatar
    My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    Yep. Chiefs over Cards and Ravens over Jets were the only safe bets in the entire week 1.
    Chiefs over Arizona was the really only safe bet and that's because Arizona has taken a big step back on both sides of the ball and Murray isn't what he was pre-injury half a season ago. And because KC under Andy Reid is 9-1 in opening week-1 games, many of them difficult and on the road. He knows how to get a team ready for the season, even if it's Alex Smith going up against Tom Brady.

I had the Jets beating Baltimore because I just don't think Jackson is that good anymore post-injuries, and I was right about that part, but instead it assumes the Jets are as terrible as ever on both sides of the ball and we already know Flacco's arm is just shot. The Jets will be lucky to win 2-3 games this year. Baltimore with Jackson on a contract year but having to use his legs less due to the injuries and worried about the contract, will probably go around 9-8 or so and be lucky to contend for a wild card birth. That division is wonky; all 4 teams could be good, mediocre, or worse than mediocre. We don't know yet.

Anyways, I think my football season is pretty much done week 1, and not just for the survivor thread. I'll chip in here and there, but, with Dallas QB1 out most of the season (they might as well shut him down and tank if Dallas is 1-9 or so and he's "ready to return" but the Eagles are 8-3 and competing for a Super Bowl)... it really seems like this year's NFL season is going to be a dud.

Also, seeing players at every ing position except o-line, even d-line, wearing single digit jersey numbers is ing stupid and has made the viewing experience worse. Which is weird because I've watched the NBA my whole life up until 2017 and jersey numbers were never really attached to position in the NBA, but in the NFL it seems like a tradition which Goodell and company ed up for no reason. I was all in favor of letting anyone RB/WR/DB wear anything from 20-49 and WRs 10-49 and 80-89, TEs 30-49 and 80-89, off ball LBs 40-59 and on-ball OLB 90-99 or 40-59, D-line 50-79 and 90-99, O-line 60-79 only. But the only positions that should be wearing single digits are quarterback, kicker, punter, and long snapper (would help the refs identify who needs to be "protected" from "leverage" [i.e. the Bobby Wagner rule] on those special teams situations).

I had the Jets beating Baltimore because I just don't think Jackson is that good anymore post-injuries,

Anyways, I think my football season is pretty much done week 1, and not just for the survivor thread.

My Team
    Kansas City Chiefs
    Post Count
    Denver was far the better team, not really even because of QB but because the WRs and TEs were running good routes and running well after the catch, drawing PIs, the running game was working well for Denver (except at the goal line lol) and the Denver defense was solid too; Bradley Chubb was a beast especially late. They just bungled the game by having a terrible special teams, and not just missing the last kick but also the field position game on kickoffs, as well as constantly shooting themselves in the foot with double digit penalties for triple digit penalty yards. Russell Wilson deserves some blame for wasting a down on the last series by pulling a Dak by pump-fake-fumbling and then picking it up but since the arm was forward it was called incomplete, that was 2nd down, and then on 3rd down he missed a wide-open Jerry Jeudy over the middle which would have put them in comfortable field goal range, instead checking it down to the halfback just like Dak does with Pollard and Zeke in those situations, leading to the 4th & 5.

So yeah... Hackett was bad with decision making, Wilson made poor decisions down the stretch, and the goal line fumbles cost them 14 points... but Denver still should have easily won the game. They were the better team. You can't have 13 or 14 penalties, many of them the undisciplined pre-snap and unnecessary roughness variety, and expect to win on the road in the NFL.
    It doesn't matter if Denver ends up proving to be the better team down the road. In a Survivor game like this, you always need to go with the safest bet possible. I had to choose one team in this game because I got late, but in normal cir stances I would have went with Chiefs over Cardinals. This Broncos-Seahwaks game was too close to call.

First of all it was played in Seatle with all the motivation of having Wilson on the other side. And then, the Seahawks have been a good team for quite some time, while the Broncos all the opposite. A QB change won't automatically change years of patterns in just one week.

My Team
    Oakland Raiders
    Post Count
    good riddance, see ya guys next year

My Team
    Baltimore Ravens
    Post Count
    good riddance, see ya guys next year
    Enjoy your winnings

The Golden Goddess TheCultOfPersonality's Avatar
    My Team
    Green Bay Packers
    Post Count
    I 'm going further than I did last year.

My Team
    Buffalo Bills
    Post Count
    Week 1: Vikings over Packers
    Week 2: Packers over Bears

My Team
    Buffalo Bills
    Post Count
    It doesn't matter if Denver ends up proving to be the better team down the road. In a Survivor game like this, you always need to go with the safest bet possible. I had to choose one team in this game because I got late, but in normal cir stances I would have went with Chiefs over Cardinals. This Broncos-Seahwaks game was too close to call.

First of all it was played in Seatle with all the motivation of having Wilson on the other side. And then, the Seahawks have been a good team for quite some time, while the Broncos all the opposite. A QB change won't automatically change years of patterns in just one week.
    This. After years of trying to be clever, the only sensible method is choosing slam-dunks for as long as you can, don’t leave any bullets in the chamber. Just about every year you lose over 75-80% of the contestants after 6 weeks.

With that said, I’ll admit picking the Vikings in Week 1 wasn’t a slam dunk, but I loved their off-season and I was banking on GB dropping their annual Week 1 deuce, which luckily they did.

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    Bengals over Cowboys

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    Browns over Jets

My Team
    Baltimore Ravens
    Post Count
    I think this is the key to every season.

We've got a job to do. Darth_Pelican's Avatar
    My Team
    New Orleans Saints
    Post Count
    Week 1: Ravens over Jets
    Week 2: Broncos over Texans

Week 2.

Since tonights Thursday night game is the beginning of Week 2, i motion that all selections must be made today before the start of the game.

My Team
    Baltimore Ravens
    Post Count
    Why should it matter as long as you pick before your team kicks off

Why should it matter as long as you pick before your team kicks off
    Easy.
    Because a L or W by say a same Division team can and does effect other teams games. Not as much in these early season games, certainly does in later season playoff In or Out scenario games.

Bills over ans my Week 2 pick.

My Team
    Baltimore Ravens
    Post Count
    Easy.
    Because a L or W by say a same Division team can and does effect other teams games. Not as much in these early season games, certainly does in later season playoff In or Out scenario games.
    You mean like if the Chiefs sit Patrick because they have a first round bye?

Eh yeah I guess

You mean like if the Chiefs sit Patrick because they have a first round bye?

Eh yeah I guess
    Exactly.
    This just keeps it a clean game.

No prizes etc on SpursTalk for this Survivor, so minor point.

My Team
    Green Bay Packers
    Post Count
    Rams over Falcons

My Team
    New Orleans Saints
    Post Count
    Bengals over Cowboys
    ouch

1. Ravens
    Bills over ans my Week 2 pick.
    3. Chiefs over Indy Colts

My Team
    New Orleans Saints
    Post Count
    Week 1: Ravens over Jets
    Week 2: Broncos over Texans

Week 3 pick: Chargers over Jaguars

My Team
    Buffalo Bills
    Post Count
    Week 2: Packers over Bears
    This is actually a pretty difficult week, only sure-fire bet I see is this week's pick:

Week 3: Chargers over Jaguars

My Team
    Green Bay Packers
    Post Count
    Week 1: Eagles over Lions
    Week 2: Rams over Falcons
    Week 3: Bills over Dolphins

My Team
    Buffalo Bills
    Post Count
    y'all know that the Bills entire starting secondary as well as their 2 best pass-rushing DTs are out, right? So mostly back-ups with no depth behind them going against 2 burners in the 100-degree heat and humidity

Thread Information