Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567
    6X ST MVP
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Iowa Hawkeyes
    One aspect I love about InNOut in comparison to for example 5 Guys. The bun. And I think it is because they don't enclose wrap the burger. This way it remains fluffy. Wrapping makes it soggy.
    Good call. The bun is toasted as well.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UCLA Bruins
    That's what they want.
    Who is they, derp?

6X ST MVP
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Iowa Hawkeyes
    ChumpDumper

Question pending.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    North Carolina State Wolfpack
    In N Out in Los Angeles does not have fast drive thru service. You guys are tripping

6X ST MVP
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Iowa Hawkeyes
    In N Out in Los Angeles does not have fast drive thru service. You guys are tripping
    What In N Out does? Most have lines 15 or more cars long at peak hours.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UCLA Bruins
    It generally takes them longer to make their food than other fast food so it’s no surprise their drive thu is slow. Some of their locations have 2 lanes/windows to help

6X ST MVP
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Iowa Hawkeyes
    It generally takes them longer to make their food than other fast food so it’s no surprise their drive thu is slow. Some of their locations have 2 lanes/windows to help
    I don't think I've been to an In N' Out with two lanes; but that is a growing trend among popular fast food outlets.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    I don't think I've been to an In N' Out with two lanes; but that is a growing trend among popular fast food outlets.
    ...the first time I tried In N' Out was in California. It's been a while but I think I remember them having multiple lanes. More than two. And it wasn't a merge situation. It seemed like each lane had it's own separate window to get their food.

6X ST MVP
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Iowa Hawkeyes
    ...the first time I tried In N' Out was in California. It's been a while but I think I remember them having multiple lanes. More than two. And it wasn't a merge situation. It seemed like each lane had it's own separate window to get their food.
    Was thinking of all the In N' Outs I been too. Can't think of one that has double lanes. But the ones in SoCal are the older ones where it all started. Though Vegas too. Have seen them at Chick Fil A and Raising Canes.

Enemy of the System Millennial_Messiah's Avatar
    Name
    Andrew
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    North Texas Mean Green
    Was thinking of all the In N' Outs I been too. Can't think of one that has double lanes. But the ones in SoCal are the older ones where it all started. Though Vegas too. Have seen them at Chick Fil A and Raising Canes.
    I ing hate Chick Fil A's merge lines, fender bender city, almost had some asshole crunch me on Wednesday of last week in the one in Muskegon/Norton Shores Michigan even though it was my ing turn because the guy in front of him had already gone ahead before me.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    I may have been wrong about more than 2 lanes. But here's the one I went to...in Pasadena with two lanes.

6X ST MVP
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Iowa Hawkeyes
    I may have been wrong about more than 2 lanes. But here's the one I went to...in Pasadena with two lanes.
    Never been to the one in Pasadena; but that is what a lot of the old LA County ones look like. Smaller in cramped spaces.
    I would think they'd move to a bigger store/lot; but some of them they seem to preserve for historical purposes.

Enemy of the System Millennial_Messiah's Avatar
    Name
    Andrew
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    North Texas Mean Green
    Never been to the one in Pasadena; but that is what a lot of the old LA County ones look like. Smaller in cramped spaces.
    I would think they'd move to a bigger store/lot; but some of them they seem to preserve for historical purposes.
    I guess in the era of covid and drive thru being ubiquitous and nobody wanting to dine in anymore for myriad reasons, the drive-thru only business model is much more successful now so they don't need to have a bigger store or lot. Especially in California when property tax by sqft on commercial zoned lots are expensive as .

Alleged Michigander ChumpDumper's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UTSA Roadrunners
    Taco Cabana -- back in the 80s and 90s when it was good -- had double lines with a ridiculous overhead bag transport like a bank. Don't know if any of them still exist.

Waiting in a car line for "fast" food is somewhere between annoying and infuriating, so the OP restaurants are pretty much out of the equation most of the time. These days McDonald's is giving away so much food through its app it doesn't make sense to go anywhere else. There I always use the curbside during available hours and avoid the 20 cars in the double line. I have no idea why more people don't use it.

6X ST MVP
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Iowa Hawkeyes
    I guess in the era of covid and drive thru being ubiquitous and nobody wanting to dine in anymore for myriad reasons, the drive-thru only business model is much more successful now so they don't need to have a bigger store or lot. Especially in California when property tax by sqft on commercial zoned lots are expensive as .
    They're not drive thru only (if they're like the other In N' Outs I've been to like that). Chances are you can go through that side door and order or there's a walk-up order window unshown. There may or may not be some indoor seats; and if not, there is likely some outdoor seats; or both. But the seating is much more limited than other places. Similar situation for the Tommy's in LA County compared to other places. Don't know if you have Tommy's out East or not.

Thread Information