Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Let's settle this once and for all. I think Lebron would dominate any era period, but it's always puzzling when some of the best players in that era discredits his dominance.

MJ was on record saying this

When someone on TV compares LeBron to Oscar Robertson, Jordan fumes. He rolls his eyes, stretches his neck, frustrated. "It's absolutely … " he says, catching himself. "The point is, no one is critiquing the personnel that he's playing against. Their knowledge of how to play the game … that's not a fair comparison. That's not right … Could LeBron be successful in our era? Yes. Would he be as successful? No."

That's after Lebron's back to back le IIRC. It's well known that Lebron is criticized for his mental toughness, ridiculous as that may sound. But we can all probably agree, that this generation of players is a bit "soft" in terms of their approach to the game. Not necessarily a bad thing since it is a different era afterall.

Do you agree that Lebron would not be "as successful" in Jordan's era?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Nah, he'd get hand-checked into oblivion.

He'd probably be an above-average player that's borderline elite. I just don't see him doing very well against the best defenders in the league TBH

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    90S sg/sf position was filled by

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    He's a mental midget, so no. The Bad Boys would push his in. So would the Knicks. Oakley, Barkley, Laimbeer, Rodman, and many other true thugs would have made his life . He hasn't shown toughness in today's game - what makes you farmers think he could survive in the'80s? Real talk.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    I forgot how ing stupid this forum is. Every god damn thread is filled with trash.

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You guys are going to trust the guy who drafted Adam Morrison and Kwame Brown to evaluate talent? Really?

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    You guys are going to trust the guy who drafted Adam Morrison and Kwame Brown to evaluate talent? Really?
    Read it again. He said LeHype would be successful - I agree. I think he'd be an allstar in the'80s - just not a superstar. But when asked if LeHype would be as successful back then as he is now he said no. That’s true.

I've never seen any MJ comments stating LeHype doesn't have talent. It's his mental makeup that MJ doubts. I agree.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    I forgot how ing stupid this forum is. Every god damn thread is filled with trash.
    Yet you posted in this thread anyway. Says a lot about your lack of intellect.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Nah, he'd get hand-checked into oblivion.

He'd probably be an above-average player that's borderline elite. I just don't see him doing very well against the best defenders in the league TBH
    I believe Pippen would have locked him down. Without help. Pippen is the greatest defender I've ever seen tbh.

notthewordsofonewhokneels Thread's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    There was nothing wrong with Brown cept Phil Jackson tried to turn him into James Worthy.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If Lebeta played any time before 2000, he would average around 6 ppg, 2 rpg, and half an assist. Tops. He wouldn't even get playing time if he played on the Mavs in the 90s.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Read it again. He said LeHype would be successful - I agree. I think he'd be an allstar in the'80s - just not a superstar. But when asked if LeHype would be as successful back then as he is now he said no. That’s true.

I've never seen any MJ comments stating LeHype doesn't have talent. It's his mental makeup that MJ doubts. I agree.
    Jordan's talent evaluation is . LOL having to dump Lance Stephenson after giving him that re ed contract.

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    mental makeup of waiting for the celtics to get old and complaining to stern about the pistons tbh

My Team
    Phoenix Suns
    Post Count
    If Lebron James played in Oscar Robertson's era, what would he average?

What would he average when the talent pool is divided into two leagues, theres no three point shot etc.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Jordan's talent evaluation is . LOL having to dump Lance Stephenson after giving him that re ed contract.
    - he's not talking about LeHype's talent - so you can't use his "GM skillz" against him. -23 points sn.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Let's settle this once and for all. I think Lebron would dominate any era period, but it's always puzzling when some of the best players in that era discredits his dominance.

MJ was on record saying this

When someone on TV compares LeBron to Oscar Robertson, Jordan fumes. He rolls his eyes, stretches his neck, frustrated. "It's absolutely … " he says, catching himself. "The point is, no one is critiquing the personnel that he's playing against. Their knowledge of how to play the game … that's not a fair comparison. That's not right … Could LeBron be successful in our era? Yes. Would he be as successful? No."

That's after Lebron's back to back le IIRC. It's well known that Lebron is criticized for his mental toughness, ridiculous as that may sound. But we can all probably agree, that this generation of players is a bit "soft" in terms of their approach to the game. Not necessarily a bad thing since it is a different era afterall.

Do you agree that Lebron would not be "as successful" in Jordan's era?

He doesn't dominant this era, period. He plays in a much weaker conference. He left his team to chase a ring on a stacked team. He's 2/5 in the finals and went like 2 Finals without reaching his regular season average. I can honestly say that I've seen him afraid during games. Can he put up numbers? Yes. Is he great? No. Jordan smells fear on Lebron... and I see it. MJ could never respect a guy like that. In so many words Jim feels the same way. Do you think Magic would guarantee a win over Bird? Do you think Isaiah would guarantee a win over Magic? Do you think Duncan would guarantee a win over Kobe? Yet, an old ass Duncan guaranteed a win over Lebron. Why? Because he doesn't respect him as an elite compe or. Lebron and his legion of nerds define the game simply by numbers. "Check My Stats" is the shirt Lebron wore. Well... on the biggest stage check his record and his tats. That says it all.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    - he's not talking about LeHype's talent - so you can't use his "GM skillz" against him. -23 points sn.
    Fine. Jordan's toughness evaluation is since he drafted Kwame Brown and Adam Morrison and signed Lance Stephenson.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I believe Pippen would have locked him down. Without help. Pippen is the greatest defender I've ever seen tbh.
    Pippen was nothing but a glorified Jordan rider. He never locked anyone down. He was a good teammate, but Jordan was the heart of that team.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    Yet you posted in this thread anyway. Says a lot about your lack of intellect.
    You got me.

Board Man Comes Home Clipper Nation's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Clippers
    Post Count
    Kang would have taken a wet hot all over the league, tbh.

'90s basketball

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Pippen was nothing but a glorified Jordan rider. He never locked anyone down. He was a good teammate, but Jordan was the heart of that team.

K:

And MJ didn't win without PippenPERIOD.

Veteran
    My Team
    Los Angeles Clippers
    Post Count
    No offense, but I hate this argument. Players are drafted by potential. It's a lottery for a reason.

Now Jordan is speaking here as a compe or. I'm assuming he observed Lebron's rise and fall in the league so he based his opinion on that. It's no different than watching your peers on game film. At a certain point, they just develop a character or habit. Without understanding the finer nuances, we're probably not going to understand his take on this matter as an athlete.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Pippen had an incredible "Hit List" in ^ vid. He locked up several HOFers. Defend all 5 positions in a pinch. SMH at anyone saying Pip wasn’t a great defender.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No offense, but I hate this argument. Players are drafted by potential. It's a lottery for a reason.

Now Jordan is speaking here as a compe or. I'm assuming he observed Lebron's rise and fall in the league so he based his opinion on that. It's no different than watching your peers on game film. At a certain point, they just develop a character or habit. Without understanding the finer nuances, we're probably not going to understand his take on this matter as an athlete.
    OK, you're going to trust the guy who signed Lance Stephenson?

coffee is for closers Infinite_limit's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He has many faults and they are obvious

- The flopping
    - The injuries at key moments
    - The chasing Rings as League MVP

Took him too long to establish a Post game

Thread Information