michael redd
    no stance, passive aggressive

Redd

Ginobili

Phil

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So is Michael Redd a better player than Manu?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So is Michael Redd a better player than Manu?
    Philo lapdogging DAF...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Philo lapdogging DAF...

no stance on redd vs manu

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    no, we were discussing your claim that he was injury prone in his prime. He wasn't. He played more games in his first 6 seasons than your average NBA player.

That's all. Already said I didn't think he could've been a franchise player... I just think the injury prone card gets thrown around without much basis... later in his career? maybe. But in his prime he was pretty healthy.
    Manu himself said he wouldn't have been able to handle big minutes consistently, so even he knows his durability couldn't sustain the type of heavy lifting required to be the man every night for the vast majority of his career.
    No, he couldn't have. I get that he's a local hero so Argentinians support him more than a German with a questionable past, but the fact is he was extremely lucky to play in a great system with great players and coach.
    No he couldn't have.

1. Too injury prone in his prime (not an overblown fact).

2. Body is not built sturdy enough for his style of play, which is why he was so injury prone and why his minutes were watched.

3. Gets gassed when required to play 35 or more minutes.

4. No post game, which is an important weapon a (franchise) perimeter player has needed since Jordan redefined the position in that regard.
    no stance on redd vs manu

Even Manu's agent and Manu himself agrees with me.

2004-2005 NBA Champions Barfunk's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not better than Michael Redd? Not better than Steve Nash? A Jamal Crawford level basketball player? Unbelievable. I can't feel my legs.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Even Manu's agent and Manu himself agrees with me.
    argumentum ad populum

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    argumentum ad populum
    Actually that would be appeal to authority.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Actually that would be appeal to authority.
    referring to your whole post where you just quoted people from the thread. they aren't authority

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    referring to your whole post where you just quoted people from the thread. they aren't authority
    That's not what you quoted.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That's not what you quoted.
    i quoted this post... but ST doesn't automatically include quotes within quotes

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Exactly... Manu and Manu's agent.

That's what I said. The rest is just there for reference. Else I would have said all these people agree with me.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Exactly... Manu and Manu's agent.

That's what I said. The rest is just there for reference. Else I would have said all these people agree with me.
    Except you are lying. Manu never said he couldn't have been a frsnchise player, in fact, quite the opposite. I'm pretty sure Manu thinks he could lead a team to a championships. He has a winning mentality and is compe ive like that.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Except you are lying. Manu never said he couldn't have been a frsnchise player, in fact, quite the opposite. I'm pretty sure Manu thinks he could lead a team to a championships. He has a winning mentality and is compe ive like that.
    Tell Spur-addict. Reading comprehension must have been in the 11th year that you missed.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Of course the Argie will valiantly defend something like Manu being a franchise level player

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Tell Spur-addict. Reading comprehension must have been in the 11th year that you missed.
    So you are just taking someone's else quote, without even checking it, and using it as proof that "Manu agrees with you"?

faggy opinion + certainty Mark Celibate's Avatar
    My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    can't believe people are hating on DET Michael Redd. The guy was nasty for a stretch he just didn't have longevity

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    can't believe people are hating on DET Michael Redd. The guy was nasty for a stretch he just didn't have longevity
    What happened to the post you quoted of me son?

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    What happened to the post you quoted of me son?
    I wasn't sure if anybody was gonna catch that. I meant to post those two back to back but I accidentally edited/deleted when making the Michael Redd post. I'm tired tbh. I can type it again if you want but I don't think anybody here cares for my take IMHO

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I wasn't sure if anybody was gonna catch that. I meant to post those two back to back but I accidentally edited/deleted when making the Michael Redd post. I'm tired tbh. I can type it again if you want but I don't think anybody here cares for my take IMHO
    I do son. If I didn't care about other people's opinions I wouldn't be posting on an internet forum, tbh.

I promise not to be like DMC and move goal post, shift arguments and bore you to death, tbh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Of course the Argie will valiantly defend something like Manu being a franchise level player
    I was reading a stats blog/forum where most of the banter was high level, sensible takes on whether or not Manu is a HOFer. Then the place gets flooded with take after take of all caps posters claiming Manu to be a sure lock, and all of them had names like Pitar and Juan and Pablo.

One even said "I'm from Argentina however...", as if they randomly stumbled upon the site.

They are the most easily trolled group on the forum, which is why the fake Parkerstans have been doing it for years. In reality, no one here likes Tony Parker.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    I do son. If I didn't care about other people's opinions I wouldn't be posting on an internet forum, tbh.

I promise not to be like DMC and move goal post, shift arguments and bore you to death, tbh.
    well here it goes then

That's a strange argument regarding Manu when this year he won NBA TV's "Best go to move in history", by a landslide, with his eurostep. I think he beat Jabbar's sky hook like 70/30, in the final.

Also, Manu on his prime was deceptively atheltic, he's more athletic than a guy like Harden, for example. Just go look at some of Manu's best dunks and blocks and compare it to Hardens.

When I made this thread I looked at Harden. To me it's obvious Manu could have had the same success Harden has had as a Franchise player, since Harden is basically Manu minus the clutchness, compe iveness spirit and the defensive effort. So, I agree with you that not a 1st tier franchise player, but I think he could have done better than just 7th or 8th seed on the West.
    tbh when I said "signature move" that he can go to time and time again, I meant being a good one on one player. The euro step is not a one-on-one move. To me, the euro step is so famous because it is effective in fast break situations and it was emulated by so many players.

again, it's really a moot argument since we'll never know who's right or who's wrong. It wouldn't surprise me if Ginobili would've been able to alter his game if he knew he had to carry the load since he seems smart enough to do so. However, I'm just going by the eye test on what I actually saw throughout his career.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    I was reading a stats blog/forum where most of the banter was high level, sensible takes on whether or not Manu is a HOFer. Then the place gets flooded with take after take of all caps posters claiming Manu to be a sure lock, and all of them had names like Pitar and Juan and Pablo.

One even said "I'm from Argentina however...", as if they randomly stumbled upon the site.

They are the most easily trolled group on the forum, which is why the fake Parkerstans have been doing it for years. In reality, no one here likes Tony Parker.
    Tbh, when you have little to be proud of coming from your country you cling to sports players and winning a ty ball FIFA trophy

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Whatever happened to "Big Dog", tbh?

Thread Information