Page 138 of 171 FirstFirst ... 3888128134135136137138139140141142148 ... LastLast
Results 3,426 to 3,450 of 4270
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think Chip is legit, but I wonder sometimes at people who cast him as some sort of miracle worker... The Spurs as a team were 24th in the league in 3ptFG% last season, and 30th in 3ptFGA. So their 3pt% is one of the worst despite also being one of the most selective. They were 24th in 2pt% and 10th in FT%.
    And the biggest contribution toward those threes were from players that Chip had nothing to do with fixing their shots: Mills and Gay. I think White already could shoot well before he was drafted. When you look at the other guys who needed their shot fixed the results are underwhelming and it’s always up to the player to do the job of fixing it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    - Moody is suprisingly slower and less athletic than i thought that explains the drop in mocks.
    - Garuba played real well offensively without shooting it.
    - Giddey is good positionally on defense but that t-rex arms prevent him from making plays on that end.

- Wasserman said giddey wont get past us at 12.

Keon still my guy and Garuba.

new SI mock with some intel :

https://www.si.com/nba/2021/07/20/nb...ey-jalen-green
    I would be surprised if they can pass on Moody if he falls to us considering Pop's pension for small ball and our unlikely need for a center despite Sengun a possibility here too. If they pick Sengun over Moody I will be happy because they believe Sengun could be a star but I wouldn't be surprised if they chose Moody because he would be a good fit next to Johnson for a small ball lineup. Moody's upside imo is for his defense. His length and strength will help him excel at an Ariza type role.

In Conclusion, My order of likely picks for SA would be Wagner then (Moody/Sengun/Bouknight)(Tie) and then others like Duarte/Giddey/Kai Jones, Jalen Johnson.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sengun is a more athletic version of Pau Gasol. But also not really Pau Gasol.
    Would you say he’s more inclined to score? Pau struck me as a pass first big but I only got to see him play late in his career anyways. Marc Gasol also struck me similarly. MVPJokic is pass first in his mind but he’s had to be a lot more aggressive looking to score when his team needs it. He has that dog in him. I think Sengun does too.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think Chip is legit, but I wonder sometimes at people who cast him as some sort of miracle worker... The Spurs as a team were 24th in the league in 3ptFG% last season, and 30th in 3ptFGA. So their 3pt% is one of the worst despite also being one of the most selective. They were 24th in 2pt% and 10th in FT%.
    demar is unfixable, murray's shot has come along way since his 1st year (and i'm including his two-point attempts), and keldon's three-pointers seem to be coming along as well. i'm not going to include poeltl in regards to outside shooting but his FTs did get better towards the end of the season. as to mills, his mid-season slump had something to do with that low shooting percentage. he was really jacking up a high volume and missing a large volume there for a while.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

are they all going to New York or is this going to be another at home thing like last year. I wonder

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Would you say he’s more inclined to score? Pau struck me as a pass first big but I only got to see him play late in his career anyways. Marc Gasol also struck me similarly. MVPJokic is pass first in his mind but he’s had to be a lot more aggressive looking to score when his team needs it. He has that dog in him. I think Sengun does too.

The thing about Jokic that makes him so great is that I don't think he has what could be called a bias when it comes to choices-- he's a brilliant decision maker, and is just as likely to shoot as he is to pass, just as likely to drive as he is to spot up. Sengun obviously has Jokic on his mind, as he has referenced him many times in interviews and also dramatically increased his own assist numbers in Turkey as his season progressed and he received more defensive attention. Jokic is a funny topic for me because he's literally the greatest big man passer I've ever seen, but now the label of a "Jokic type" player gets thrown around with regularity in draft season, as if it's some sort of trait that might be easy to replicate!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Wasserman reported that Duarte had a terrible workout for a team and came in out of shape according to his sources. Says the team complained that he didnt go to the combine.

Either he’s trying to tank his value or bad decisions are being made. I’m leaning towards the former since it lines up with what I’ve heard and read about his work ethic. Getting y up in here…

sounds to me he’s trying to pull a Vassell…
    It doesn’t make sense bc Vassell was ranked high the past draft. Due to his age and defense he wasn’t going to drop dramatically much further than he did. Duarte with his old age is playing with fire assuming he’ll go in the lottery without competing hard for it. Maybe he does but that’s not a sure thing at all.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Several mocks have the Spurs taking Kispert. I truly hope that is not the case. It certainly doesn't feel quite right.
    Maybe it's just that he looks horrible in the headband, but, I'm not seeing him as worthy of pick 12.

Sengun, Wagner (no chance of happening), Moody, Bouknight, Giddey, Duarte and Garuba are all much higher in my mind.

Is there a strong argument to be made for Kispert?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Several mocks have the Spurs taking Kispert. I truly hope that is not the case. It certainly doesn't feel quite right.
    Maybe it's just that he looks horrible in the headband, but, I'm not seeing him as worthy of pick 12.

Sengun, Wagner (no chance of happening), Moody, Bouknight, Giddey, Duarte and Garuba are all much higher in my mind.

i don't know about a strong argument but there is certainly a argument that can be made. he can shoot and his defense is solid enough. i don't think it's a reach to argue that kipsert can be a solid role player and that's not a terrible thing to find with the 12th pick.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I’m fine with Kispert on a trade down, very disappointed if he’s drafted at 12.

Remember Cherokee Parks The Truth #6's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The only way I imagine picking Kispert is if they are trading for Simmons and they want to surround him with an ace three point shooter with no questions about his shooting, but even then...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No, I think Pau was a traditional back to the basket post who could pass out very well. He also had a nice midrange game. I think Sengun's posts look different and he doesn't have the midrange. Pau also had a lot of lower body strength. Sengun seems more mobile and moves less like a traditional center.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sengun gets tagged for being undersized, but could be a great small ball 5 if his shot develops. And playing small is obviously more common now. Because pretty much no team can compete with joker or embiid straight up, teams are going small as a way to combat that. This isn’t a new revelation but during the draft process evaluators focus so much on measurables that they forget what is functional versus theoretical. Just my opinion.

Like, Kai may check a lot of boxes, but he doesn’t check “knows how to play basketball”. These things aren’t all equal. Knowing how to play basketball is not equal to “plus wingspan”, for example.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Kispert isn't really a one-dimensional shooter. He's good at other aspects of the game and is a hardnosed compe or. So I don't think he's a Davis Bertans glass-cannon type. Like, he shot over 3 fts a game, which seems pretty good for a wing shooter. As for threes, shoots at volume and without remorse, which would be a first for this current team.

I agree it's not the sexiest pick, but he's the closest to plug-in-and-play as we'd get and instantly stretch the floor at least wherever he is.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Kispert is really good at reading defenses, making cuts, drifting and relocating along the perimeter, etc. He moves the ball well but isn't a playmaker necessarily. Apparently he had the best transition conversion rate in the entire NCAA, like, he's reeeeaaally good in transition. Not a bad defender, but more of a help/team defense guy. Would struggle with exceptional athletes/scorers (but who doesn't?), but is in every play. Like, doesn't give up.

Honestly I'd be perfectly okay with the pick. It would be smart and instantly change how the team works in some regards. Not a gaga-in-love pick, but he'd wind up a favorite because he'd legitimately be doing what we all dreamed Bertans was doing, plus a lot more of the nitty gritty stuff.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No, I think Pau was a traditional back to the basket post who could pass out very well. He also had a nice midrange game. I think Sengun's posts look different and he doesn't have the midrange. Pau also had a lot of lower body strength. Sengun seems more mobile and moves less like a traditional center.
    Thanks for the reply. Like I said, I only watched Pau in his old age and that’s not a fair comparison to me. Appreciated.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Kispert is really good at reading defenses, making cuts, drifting and relocating along the perimeter, etc. He moves the ball well but isn't a playmaker necessarily. Apparently he had the best transition conversion rate in the entire NCAA, like, he's reeeeaaally good in transition. Not a bad defender, but more of a help/team defense guy. Would struggle with exceptional athletes/scorers (but who doesn't?), but is in every play. Like, doesn't give up.

Honestly I'd be perfectly okay with the pick. It would be smart and instantly change how the team works in some regards. Not a gaga-in-love pick, but he'd wind up a favorite because he'd legitimately be doing what we all dreamed Bertans was doing, plus a lot more of the nitty gritty stuff.

I wouldn’t throw my phone at the tv if we picked him. Yeah, not my first choice but his presence would greatly help this team. And he does a little more than just shoot as you say.

People say you can get Joe Wiesenkamp (probably just butchered his spelling) in the second round, but maybe Joe is actually undervalued. Everyone needs shooters.

Extra plus: he looks like a bruise brother with the headband.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

One argument is that he has the one skill we desperately need, shooting. I look at it this way though, if we drafted him I would expect us to be making a trade or signing win now players to play with Kispert. He's more of a ready to go kind of guy and I think it would signal we are going to try and compete as opposed to a slower rebuild.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The pick should be Kai Jones. We need dynamism and potential.
    Cosign!!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I swear some people just want black, tall, and athletic with no rhyme or reason and that’s enough to satisfy them

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I wouldn’t throw my phone at the tv if we picked him. Yeah, not my first choice but his presence would greatly help this team. And he does a little more than just shoot as you say.

People say you can get Joe Wiesenkamp (probably just butchered his spelling) in the second round, but maybe Joe is actually undervalued. Everyone needs shooters.

Extra plus: he looks like a bruise brother with the headband.
    olberding with a jump shot.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    9 Days until the Draft!

half man half amazing
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I swear some people just want black, tall, and athletic with no rhyme or reason and that’s enough to satisfy them
    Cringe

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The problem with Kai Jones, for me, is that for a supposedly premier athlete, he doesn’t generate defensive events, steals and blocks. He also rebounds rather poorly. If I’m drafting a big, jumping jack project, he MUST be a rim runner AND high level shot blocker out of the box. In this draft, it would absolutely be Isaiah Jackson.

Thread Information