Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Look for him to be a consultant for Utah down the road.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Isn't he that guy that hoardes draft picks? . I'll consider it.
    You misspelled ‘squanders’. That huge haul, and no le. Not even a Finals appearance.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Ainge not trading for Leonard when he had brown and firsts to spare was his biggest downfall. You don't get that huge haul from the nets and not use it when the best player in the league was available. The price was all-star, one youth and a first. He could have just offered brown, smart and two first, and it's a done deal.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't give a crap about Danny Ainge. He should have trade for Kawhi, but he was too stringy greedy. Who knows, he might have been able to trade for Anthony Davis too if he wasn't so greedy with his assets. Not sure if he could have had both, but he could have had at least one of those guys IMO.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Celtics have definitely underachieved. As others have said, Ainge should have gambled a bit more to put a better team on the floor. He was a little too conservative with his assets and it cost the team...and him.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Ainge not trading for Leonard when he had brown and firsts to spare was his biggest downfall. You don't get that huge haul from the nets and not use it when the best player in the league was available. The price was all-star, one youth and a first. He could have just offered brown, smart and two first, and it's a done deal.
    At referring to S bag as the best player in the league, blaming Ainge for not pulling the trigger or thinking he'd have needed to add Smart and two 1sts to Brown when the Spurs couldn't get a foundational piece to begin with.

The '18-'19 Celtics were destined to be mired in turmoil (too much depth, youth + Horford took them to game 7 of the ECF, Irving and Hayward were set to return) and suffice it to say, he'd have exacerbated it, then signed with the Clippers anyway. In the meantime, they'd have lost out long term on a young, budding All-Star caliber wing.

Maybe Ainge was too conservative at times and the recent draft record sans Tatum and Brown wasn't great, but they also had a lot of bad luck, unlike the historically lucky Raptors, who didn't have to give up anything of consequence yet have received endless praise since.

Remember Cherokee Parks The Truth #6's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't know. Kawhi was one of the best 1-3 players in the league when he (we) got ZaZa'ed, and the league was slow in realizing how good he was. So, I hate Kawhi for faking his injury next season (basically) and Ainge can kick rocks for not offering us a better package. Granted, our FO isn't good in these situations, but I'm glad Ainge didn't win a last le. Having said that, I think people are underestimating him here. His last few years took a nose dive, yes, but overall he was someone who was able to put together deals. He was a , obvioiusly. A total tool. And I still have fond memories of Sedeale Threate punching him in the face. But that's another story.

https://youtu.be/oWcoOmtfcXs

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    While this shouldn't matter technically to Beckys decision if offered, who are we kidding it does.

Isn't Boston super alphabet friendly?

Patriot posters?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    At referring to S bag as the best player in the league, blaming Ainge for not pulling the trigger or thinking he'd have needed to add Smart and two 1sts to Brown when the Spurs couldn't get a foundational piece to begin with.

The '18-'19 Celtics were destined to be mired in turmoil (too much depth, youth + Horford took them to game 7 of the ECF, Irving and Hayward were set to return) and suffice it to say, he'd have exacerbated it, then signed with the Clippers anyway. In the meantime, they'd have lost out long term on a young, budding All-Star caliber wing.

Maybe Ainge was too conservative at times and the recent draft record sans Tatum and Brown wasn't great, but they also had a lot of bad luck, unlike the historically lucky Raptors, who didn't have to give up anything of consequence yet have received endless praise since.
    Leonard's last playoff run was historic before the Zaza take out. He turned it on. He was the best player in the playoffs. He then did it again on his next playoff run with raptors. If ainge pulls that trigger, they win the le. Remember, Leonard was close to resigning with Raptors. Perhaps he thinks tatum is better than PG and he resigns.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Leonard's last playoff run was historic before the Zaza take out. He turned it on. He was the best player in the playoffs. He then did it again on his next playoff run with raptors. If ainge pulls that trigger, they win the le. Remember, Leonard was close to resigning with Raptors. Perhaps he thinks tatum is better than PG and he resigns.
    It didn't last long enough to proclaim that.

The next one, he rested 95 games over 2 seasons, ended up on the most complete team in the league (which existed in the form they did because his antics led to a pennies on the dollar trade, tainting it), saw the best team in the league decimated by injury and still barely eked it out over them and the relative neophytes fronting the 76ers and Bucks.

No chance that Celtics team was winning the le and S bag was just using the Raptors to get what he wanted from the Clippers which was not just George, but autonomy.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It didn't last long enough to proclaim that.

The next one, he rested 95 games over 2 seasons, ended up on the most complete team in the league (which existed in the form they did because his antics led to a pennies on the dollar trade, tainting it), saw the best team in the league decimated by injury and still barely eked it out over them and the relative neophytes fronting the 76ers and Bucks.

No chance that Celtics team was winning the le and S bag was just using the Raptors to get what he wanted from the Clippers which was not just George, but autonomy.
    You're simultaneously under rating Leonard while over rating their role players.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sedeale threate came down to Melbourne,Australia in the mid 2000s, I’m pretty sure he owned an And1 franchise and played domestic bball with his team called And1 also.
    It was amazing to see an ex nba player playing in a local league in oz.
    Completeky off topic but I thought I’d share it. ��

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You're simultaneously under rating Leonard while over rating their role players.
    Vice versa.

He keeps fooling casuals because his teams lack the amount of prime star, counting stat types typically associated with championship contenders, especially in this era. But the Clippers, for example, are way more complete than the Nets.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Ainge wisely didn’t pull the trigger on Kawhi bc it was easily foreseeable that Kawhi was operating under a manipulative uncle and both we orchestrating his return to LA. Any assets given up were a one year rental. And given the way GSW looked before injuries in the finals, hard to see you cash in a bunch of assets for a one year rental that claimed he was injured and might sit out the year anyway. Kawhi tanked his value to Ainge and everyone else.

Ainge thought Kyrie was more than just a one year rental and he got hoodwinked on that deal, but he didn’t lose a lot of assets on that deal. If he had done that and the Kawhi deal, he’d be Billy King bad.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Ainge wisely didn’t pull the trigger on Kawhi bc it was easily foreseeable that Kawhi was operating under a manipulative uncle and both we orchestrating his return to LA. Any assets given up were a one year rental. And given the way GSW looked before injuries in the finals, hard to see you cash in a bunch of assets for a one year rental that claimed he was injured and might sit out the year anyway. Kawhi tanked his value to Ainge and everyone else.

Ainge thought Kyrie was more than just a one year rental and he got hoodwinked on that deal, but he didn’t lose a lot of assets on that deal. If he had done that and the Kawhi deal, he’d be Billy King bad.
    Kawhi wasn’t going to sit out anywhere but here. Even though Toronto got a rental, they got a ing trophy out of it, which is more than Ainge produced with his greedy stash of picks. There were also other options. Maybe he throws a wad of picks at OKC for PG13, blocking the Clippers, and getting the player Kawhi wanted.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Kawhi wasn’t going to sit out anywhere but here. Even though Toronto got a rental, they got a ing trophy out of it, which is more than Ainge produced with his greedy stash of picks. There were also other options. Maybe he throws a wad of picks at OKC for PG13, blocking the Clippers, and getting the player Kawhi wanted.
    Ainge won a le as GM and he did it wheeling and dealing and trading picks. Toronto wouldn’t have won a le but for KD and Thompson getting season ending injuries in the finals. Say what you want about Ainge, but “hoarding” draft picks is a stupid criticism. He wants to build a great team, not trade away all his assets for a one year rental. And who guarantees Kawhi plays going into that year? There was even talk the Raptors were nervous after the trade. It’s not dumb to hoard draft picks and then just use them to draft the players you like and have them on rookie deals. That’s what the Thunder is doing.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Ainge won a le as GM and he did it wheeling and dealing and trading picks. Toronto wouldn’t have won a le but for KD and Thompson getting season ending injuries in the finals. Say what you want about Ainge, but “hoarding” draft picks is a stupid criticism. He wants to build a great team, not trade away all his assets for a one year rental. And who guarantees Kawhi plays going into that year? There was even talk the Raptors were nervous after the trade. It’s not dumb to hoard draft picks and then just use them to draft the players you like and have them on rookie deals. That’s what the Thunder is doing.
    The Ray Allen trade contained no picks. The KG trade had two late Boston first rounders, picks in the 20s. I’m talking about the cache of picks they got when they dumped KG and Pierce on the Nets, much better picks, and they amounted to nothing.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Ray Allen trade contained no picks. The KG trade had two late Boston first rounders, picks in the 20s. I’m talking about the cache of picks they got when they dumped KG and Pierce on the Nets, much better picks, and they amounted to nothing.
    These picks amounted to Tatum and Brown, tbh. They've messed up badly constructing their roster in the last couple of seasons but their window is going to be open a while.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    These picks amounted to Tatum and Brown, tbh. They've messed up badly constructing their roster in the last couple of seasons but their window is going to be open a while.
    Not as long as you think, and it may have closed with Kyrie leaving. He’s a weirdo, but he has All NBA talent, and Walker doesn’t. They also essentially exchanged Hayward for Fournier. This is a series of downward moves.

Thread Information