Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I would rather rent Kawhi for one more year then agree to a ty trade.
    I have been saying that all along, which is why I thought he wouldn't be traded. The offers would be ty and the Spurs could always hope he changes his mind, or he plays so well, interest in him picks back up.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    get ready for some awkward HEB commercials

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Problem is, I've never seen Fultz as all that promising. If he doesn't pan, this is essentially a trade for a bunch of air.
    don't like Fultz either. I haven't watched him or anything but his rookie season was a total and complete flop. Even the minutes he did play, he didn't look like anything special. Heck his coach didn't play him either, and was playing Marco and other guards instead of his 1st lottery pick from this year. Red Flag tbh!

Better to hold on to Kiwi and see what happens.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Seriously. Any offer that is accepted has to be at least something on par to this hypothetical proposal.

Some of the stuff "fans" here say they'd take makes you wonder if they're really "fans" of the Spurs and want continued success or are really just that ty with the value of a legit top 5 player is.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lol Spurmfan demanding players like Kyrie, Simmons, and Embiid be included. Stop smoking penis.
    ...or are really just that ty with the value of a legit top 5 player is...

Pronouns: Your/Dad TheGreatYacht's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Teams won't give up franchise cornerstones for a 1-yr rental. Those are just the facts. Best you can hope for are draft picks and young unproven players.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Unfortunately, RC is gonna get bent over this summer in trade talks. You people should just prepare for the worst tbh.
    Last edited by Mugen; 05-18-2018 at 11:05 AM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Fultz, Saric, Covington, 10th pick and Parsecniks is the closest thing to a grandslam offer that Philly can offer. That is a pretty damn good haul for Kawhi and Mills, if the Spurs are really looking at moving Kawhi.
    So that leaves our lineup looking something like

PG: Murray/Fultz/Parker?
    SG: Green?/White?
    SF: Covington/Anderson
    PF: Saric/Gay or Aldridge/Saric
    C: Aldridge/Gasol

I don't consider this a grand slam offer by any means. And idk if we're not just better off letting Kawhi walk. The only thing that might make this worth it is that Saric/Covington are definitely valuable pieces and it really depends on if we think Fultz can develop into a franchise cornerstone PG. #10 pick will probably get us one of the Bridges brothers or Kevin Knox or whoever we value at the pick.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Kawhi can make life tough on SA. He does not hold all the leverage but he holds enough to surpress his trade value immensely
    He does, but regardless if he's traded, the Spurs are headed right back to the lottery. But if the Spurs decide not to trade him and let him play out his contract and leave as a free agent, he loses millions he will feel for years to come. And if he isn't healthy next year or doesn't play like an all-star, he will really lose $$$$.

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We might have been on the losing end of those trades, but we did eventually get replacements for both of them that were significant upgrades.
    So make those trades so we can draft a Duncan and a Ginobili?

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Unfortunately, RC is gonna get bent over this summer in trade talks. You people should just prepare for the worst tbh.
    Yeah there is no way to get more than 50 cents on the dollar for Kawhi, and even that is going to be pushing it. Jayson Tatum is nice, but for a sure fire hall of famer in his prime? That's not value and is probably the best case. Fultz could be a nice player but he's probably a coin flip between star vs bust. Yet he's the best thing the Spurs could get out of Philly. Ingram and Kuzma feel like your typical overrated LA prospects that everyone loves for a year but never become , just like Clarkson and Russell before them. Then the thought of trading Kawhi to the Clippers for Tobias Harris and a couple of late lottery picks?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So make those trades so we can draft a Duncan and a Ginobili?
    I don't know if we'll get that lucky again. I was just looking at the silver lining in losing those players.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Baseline, don’t worry it’s PHX time. If Kawhi says he’ll sign there it’s on.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think Kawhi camp and Spurs camp have come to an understanding that it’s in both parties interest to do a trade that will benefit both.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think Kawhi camp and Spurs camp have come to an understanding that it’s in both parties interest to do a trade that will benefit both.
    Why would Kawhi care if a trade benefits both? He'll just want to go to a select number of teams. However he goes doesn't matter.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So that leaves our lineup looking something like

PG: Murray/Fultz/Parker?
    SG: Green?/White?
    SF: Covington/Anderson
    PF: Saric/Gay or Aldridge/Saric
    C: Aldridge/Gasol

I don't consider this a grand slam offer by any means. And idk if we're not just better off letting Kawhi walk. The only thing that might make this worth it is that Saric/Covington are definitely valuable pieces and it really depends on if we think Fultz can develop into a franchise cornerstone PG. #10 pick will probably get us one of the Bridges brothers or Kevin Knox or whoever we value at the pick.

I would imagine that the roster would look more like this;

Murray-Parker
    Fultz-Green (still iffy on if he would be retained in this scenario)-White
    Covington-Anderson-10th pick?
    Saric-Gay-Bertans
    LMA-Gasol-Militinov? Parsecniks?

Letting Kawhi walk for nothing is a ridiculous notion, Spurs need to move him to try and get value on their best tradable asset in team history.

I explained in another post in this thread why I favor this deal; through to recap, Fultz is still high upside, Saric is good right now and is barely 24 with still some upside, Covington is on one of the best contracts in the league and could be flipped for another first round pick if the Spurs decided to blow it up, Parsecniks is an intriguing stretch five prospect and the 10th pick would be the highest pick for the Spurs since Duncan.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Philly has a ton more picks than just the 10th too. Also I don’t want Covington I think hes overrated as . People act like hes Danny Green prime and he’s really not that close. I mean, he’s not bad or anything but definitely an overhyped role player IMO.

But Fultz at least has a prayer of becoming and all-star but yes he carries risk. But he seems like a good dude, head on straight and has some upside.

Saric is young and decent and the 10th pick is not bad. But PHI has a lot of picks besides that too.
    covington is also an asset in transition who isn't entirely incompetent heading towards the rim. he's also a more equipped to be a small-ball 4 than green was for small lineups. he doesn't guard pg's the way green did, but dejounte is the guy now. while he's never been a 40% three point guy, we need to stop pretending danny is that guy anymore, either

he's also 3 years younger and is on a very favorable contract

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Why would Kawhi care if a trade benefits both? He'll just want to go to a select number of teams. However he goes doesn't matter.
    Because Spurs are not going to trade him for ty players and picks. So if Kawhi camp is stupid and tells the Lakers they are going there do you think the Lakers will offer a good trade? The answer is no and the Spurs answer will be No.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Agreed. The Spurs panicked when prior problem children wanted out (Rodman and Derek Anderson). As a result, they only got Will Perdue and a damaged Steve Smith back.

Hold on to your cards, RC.
    Good stuff. Although Rodman was most likely addition by subtraction after his 1995 WCF meltdown, but who knows if they didn't send him to Chicago would Jordan have won all three rings in 96-98.

As far as Leonard, I'm open to cutting ties if only to get rid of his group, but if there's anyway to get Boston to talk, Jalen Brown looks like a pure Spurs-type player between the ears. Very smart and his ceiling could be really high from what I've seen vs the Cavs. I'd even take a 'lesser' offer from them to get Brown over a Fultz/10th pick scenario.

Maybe Brown, Rozier, the 27th for Leonard, Patty Mills, and the 18th.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Good stuff. Although Rodman was most likely addition by subtraction after his 1995 WCF meltdown, but who knows if they didn't send him to Chicago would Jordan have won all three rings in 96-98.

As far as Leonard, I'm open to cutting ties if only to get rid of his group, but if there's anyway to get Boston to talk, Jalen Brown looks like a pure Spurs-type player between the ears. Very smart and his ceiling could be really high from what I've seen vs the Cavs. I'd even take a 'lesser' offer from them to get Brown over a Fultz/10th pick scenario.

Maybe Brown, Rozier, the 27th for Leonard, Patty Mills, and the 18th.
    Yikes, that deal would be highway robbery for Ainge. People need to stop giving him exactly what he needs to build an unbeatable dynasty.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    yeah that's a garbage deal if i've ever seen one. why are we throwing in the 18th on top of it

kawhi is a legit #1 and a top 5 player in the league. jaylen brown is nice, but he's not sniffing that potential or anything near it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm throwing that out as a 'bottom-barrel' offer, or something that is an option if the s hits the fan and Spurs are forced to get rid of him due to hardball from his group.

And I would add Leonard's health is a real wildcard in all of this.
    Who's to say he's guaranteed to get over his injury 100%. It took him out for a whole season and was the basis of a internal quarrel with the Spurs' doctors and Leonard's third party.

I would bet that will come up in potential trade discussions. It's up to Buford/Popovich to know when to deal or fold.

I'll be watching Brown closely in these next two Cleveland games.

Oh by the way the guy is same age as Murray. How's that for your Spurs backcourt for the next decade.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm throwing that out as a 'bottom-barrel' offer, or something that is an option if the s hits the fan and Spurs are forced to get rid of him due to hardball from his group.

And I would add Leonard's health is a real wildcard in all of this.
    Who's to say he's guaranteed to get over his injury 100%. It took him out for a whole season and was the basis of a internal quarrel with the Spurs' doctors and Leonard's third party.

I would bet that will come up in potential trade discussions. It's up to Buford/Popovich to know when to deal or fold.

I'll be watching Brown closely in these next two Cleveland games.

Oh by the way the guy is same age as Murray. How's that for your Spurs backcourt for the next decade.
    I'm not convinced Murray is a long term NBA player. At least not a starter. The bar was low in S.A. as you had Mills (mostly a 2 guard), Parker (coming off an injury and clearly in decline), or Murray (can't shoot or finish...PGs must do more than rebound). TBH, the best PG and the one used in crunch time in important games was 40 year old Manu.

But the deal you proposed would be for Kawhi only (no way you throw in Mills like he has no value and no way you give them a pick in the first round). Kawhi is better than all the players in this deal, even if his leg injury is degenerative. If you have Kawhi for the next three years, he's probably an all star and a first or second team all NBA. Brown and Rozier are nice, starter level NBA players, but they aren't superstars like Kawhi and the 18th pick is probably equal value for Rozier (sorry, but he and Brown are more "system" players and it's not clear Rozier would translate outside of Boston who made IT look like an MVP).

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    cd98 very good points on system. We tend to be guilty of momentary bias when we see results like what Boston has done being up 2-0 in the ECF.
    I've not been following them closely but do look at box-scores, browse twitter, and listen to the talking head shows (undisputed, podcasts) and of course the play of Brown and Rozier is being dizzied up.

I threw in Mills to offset the PT of Rozier and of course to remedy the ing we hear about his contract from this very board, but yeah all things being equal I'd hold on to him.

If I were a betting man I'd say Leonard is here come October and the Spurs play it out through the trade deadline.
    The brighter alternative is to get Philly, Boston, or LA in a bidding war and give up a Tatum, Simmons, Ingram in a package.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Deals Who could be good for kawhi will have to include at least simmons plus... with phila, tatum plus... with boston and ingram/randle with the lakers.

Thread Information