My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Who will CIA Pop trot out?

b. How many minutes for Pet Wombat and Rudy Gay?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    DeRozan SF
    Johnson SF
    Poeltl C
    Murray PG
    L. Walker IV SG

Wombat per par will get 20 minutes regardless of if he is sucking or not.
    Gay will get at least 12, probably ditto 20 also regardless of how he is playing.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think Gay plays a lot more minutes, if anything bc of Grizzlies size (JJJ). He’s been rusty whenever I watched him and hasn’t been particularly hot shooting, in fact he may be anything but hot stm, but surely such a guy can’t be handled by Johnson, not all game. I’d imagine packing the paint and forcing Memphis to beat the Spurs with the 3... that was GSW plan (but they had athletes running around to double and triple team the paint at times. Memphis didn’t convert on those open shots. Wel’ll see what happens here, if Pop abuses the Patty minutes I think it’s over.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    DePression
    Mills
    Gay
    Forms
    Bonner

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ClutchPoints has some intel...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Man, this team is unpredictable.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ClutchPoints has some intel...

immediate L but I could see that lineup.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Man, this team is unpredictable.
    This team is very predictable.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Murray - Walker - DDR - Johnson - Poeltl
    Bench Mills - Vassell - Gay - Dieng. Dunno if this is a game for Eubanks.

6th man mins for Mills and Gay, with Gay at least producing some and Mills hopefully limiting his iso jumpers.

I mean on opening night they did a number on Memphis with pretty much this roster plus Aldridge instead of Dieng/Eubanks, so I wouldn't be surprised if they win this.
    Also, Ja will probably better than DDR ever was in a few years, but right now, Demar might still be the best player on the court. At least he'll see himself as that. It's his game to lose.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Murray - Walker - DDR - Johnson - Poeltl
    Bench Mills - Vassell - Gay - Dieng. Dunno if this is a game for Eubanks.

6th man mins for Mills and Gay, with Gay at least producing some and Mills hopefully limiting his iso jumpers.

I mean on opening night they did a number on Memphis with pretty much this roster plus Aldridge instead of Dieng/Eubanks, so I wouldn't be surprised if they win this.
    Also, Ja will probably better than DDR ever was in a few years, but right now, Demar might still be the best player on the court. At least he'll see himself as that. It's his game to lose.
    Agree with this. I don’t see any of the young guys having the confidence to take over. Maybe Murray. The reality is we are going to need big minutes from DDR/Rudy/Mills at the risk of them trying to do too much, the likely outcome.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Agree with this. I don’t see any of the young guys having the confidence to take over. Maybe Murray. The reality is we are going to need big minutes from DDR/Rudy/Mills at the risk of them trying to do too much, the likely outcome.
    ing gross. Man, I can't wait till these guys are off the team.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Murray - Walker - DeRozan - Johnson - Poeltl

Mills - Gay - Eubanks

I see Pop going with an 8-man lineup. That means being stingy with Vassell (rookie treatment+rookie wall) and Dieng (still doesn't know the system). Eubanks will probably get abused by Valanciunas and JJJ, but in Pop's mind, he will have "earned the chance". He will only bust out the newbies if the Spurs find themselves down 15 and need a spark, at which point it will be too little too late.

Not saying I agree with it, but we will see if Pop proves me wrong.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't give the Spurs much of a chance whatever lineup they trot out there. We can't even get our defensive rebounds no matter how much we pack the paint and we can't shoot for unless we are extremely wide open like the game against Bud's defense. On to the next season.

Remember Cherokee Parks The Truth #6's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Mills - Gay - Eubanks

I see Pop going with an 8-man lineup. That means being stingy with Vassell (rookie treatment+rookie wall) and Dieng (still doesn't know the system). Eubanks will probably get abused by Valanciunas and JJJ, but in Pop's mind, he will have "earned the chance". He will only bust out the newbies if the Spurs find themselves down 15 and need a spark, at which point it will be too little too late.

That’s a pretty solid prediction.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Same as always until it’s too late and the game is out of reach and then you’ll see some attempt at creativity

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I predict pop plays who he plays

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Pop will live and die with Mills and Gay. They might not start but each will see 30 plus minutes.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Feb 1st Memphis butt rammed the Spurs 133-102 with Softridge playing.
    Valanciunis didn't even play. Defrozen had 14/6.

Eubanks only got 6 minutes.

So no, it's not DeFrozens to lose and going with a repeat lineup is not gonna work.
    Pehaps Patty will have one of his once-in-10-games breakouts and that would be sthuper. But he'll get assrammed on D by Morant.

I think Eubanks could make some noise against the Grizz F's, not Valancius.

Still Sporting Ben Davis Allan Rowe vs Wade's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    tony
    ice
    ddr
    timmy
    robinson

manu
    patty
    bryn

automatic L not enough 3s

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Mills - Gay - Eubanks

Definitely could see this. Morant really does a nice job negating Murray, and we can't defend him at all so I'm not expecting much.

I really think Memphis is possibly about the worst matchup for the Spurs. Glad this is just the play-in game, because it's essentially like an NCAA tournament game where anything can happen. You go all in, come up with a game plan that's outside of the box, and it may not be a situation where the best team wins. Memphis has this group beat in a 7-game series I think.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Feb 1st Memphis butt rammed the Spurs 133-102 with Softridge playing.
    Valanciunis didn't even play. Defrozen had 14/6.

Eubanks only got 6 minutes.

So no, it's not DeFrozens to lose and going with a repeat lineup is not gonna work.
    Pehaps Patty will have one of his once-in-10-games breakouts and that would be sthuper. But he'll get assrammed on D by Morant.

I think Eubanks could make some noise against the Grizz F's, not Valancius.
    True, but they showed they can beat them on the road. Also, didn't Aldridge completely check out by February? Getting blown out wouldn't be too surprising as well, I just don't think it's hopeless from the start.

DeRozan will be the only (borderline) star with deep playoff experience on the floor. Plus the all star/ranking snub (seems to matter to him to some extend), plus upcoming Free Agency. At least he should have a chip on his shoulder.
    Mills, yeah, not looking forward to the inevitable manhandling by Morant.

Agree with the Eubanks take. He'd need to get off the floor as soon as JV subs back in...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Idk who is starting but I know my man Fitty Mills will be closing the game out

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Well how did we do?
    Starting lineup was very predictable and indeed DeRozan Johnson Poeltl Murray Walker IV did happen.

Pop will live and die with Mills and Gay. They might not start but each will see 30 plus minutes.
    Pretty close. 30 and 27. Both hit some huge shots. Too late by Gay tho as his early game chucking contributed to Memphis' lead.

Agree with the Eubanks take. He'd need to get off the floor as soon as JV subs back in...
    CIA Pop gave him 3 minutes.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You go all in, come up with a game plan that's outside of the box, and it may not be a situation where the best team wins.
    This most definitely could have happened. Indeed the Spurs took the lead at 83-81.
    Inability to think outside the box cost yet another game as Pops in-game-adjustments could be called near or even at the worst in the league. Dieng was pulled so Poodle could get further abused by V, Pet Derozan and return to 1990s iso ball called upon to close while running his shot totals up to 5-21.

Thread Information